Author Topic: "Honey Bunches of Death": question regarding the use of graspers  (Read 6054 times)

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Re: "Honey Bunches of Death": question regarding the use of graspers
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 12:35:17 am »
I had an idea for a rather odd creature, that made me question how the procedural movement would handle graspers.

Here is the creature:

Picture a bowl, a cerial bowl. Inside the cerial bowl would be about 5 meat-eating mouths. This bowl would actually be the head of a creature. It would have a large torso and walk upright on two legs. It woud have two arms. One arm would end in a fork, and have three spikes, used for attacking. The other arm would look like a spoon, and would sport a very large grasper at the end of it.

Now here is my question: If my "Honey Bunches of Death" (the creature's name) kills another creature, and I tell it to "eat" will it flip it's head upside down over the corpse so the mouths inside the bowl can nibble on the corpse...or will the procedure be smart enough to use the grasper to pick the corpse up and put it on top of the creature's head...inside the bowl where all the mouths can eat away at it?

I'd love for it to just fling the body into the bowl, that way it can eat and walk, devouring prey while it hunted for more. It might be a little top heavy, but with a wide enough base and long enough arms, it won't matter.

What does everyone think...about my creature, or how the game will handle graspers in this case.

After reading this I had a dream with this creature in it, it was pouncing on and eating heacrabs. But instead of tossing the bodies into the bowl, it just sort of used its head as a big mouth...

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
Re: "Honey Bunches of Death": question regarding the use of graspers
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2005, 04:02:09 pm »

After reading this I had a dream with this creature in it, it was pouncing on and eating heacrabs. But instead of tossing the bodies into the bowl, it just sort of used its head as a big mouth...

Woohoo I'm invading people's dreams! My plan is working. Now all I need is someone to have a nightmare where their cerial bowl leaps up and bites their face when they're tryign to have breakfast!  ;D
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com