Author Topic: Questions that troubles people.  (Read 3554 times)

Offline BmB23

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Questions that troubles people.
« on: June 02, 2005, 09:39:15 am »
About the flying creatures its totaly possible cuz if you look at the screenshots of the creature editor you will see that theres an option closely resembling bat wings.

about sentience underwater the same screenshots also answeres this question... the water creature has the mind option dont worry.

Offline Ketro Fett

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Questions that troubles people.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 09:45:11 am »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but... we know, thanks to Steve!

Offline Spinal232

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • For LUEshi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 11:20:42 am »
yep.. steves confirmed both
…./|,-‘`ŻŻ`\(o)_\,----,,,_…………
…( `\(o),,_/` Ż : o : : :0 `-, ………

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 12:12:45 pm »
Now if it's possible to swoop down, snatch up a small creature, carry it 300 feet into the air and drop it to it's doom (to later feast on it's body) we don't know if that is possible or not.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 12:21:44 pm »
Don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but please read the other forum topics before you post your own; the search button helps too. For your information, we've had a couple people "remind" us that these features are in as if we, the longer time members of Gaming Steve, couldn't possibly have read that much ourselves.
We're all over Spore here, so finding something somewhere as far as GamingSteve's front page article isn't very handy.
But thanks anyway.  :P

Yeah, we don't even know how the flying creatures live yet. That's a puzzler there.
I would still like to hear more about how these underwater civilizations work. Can fish creatures swim in any direction?
I hope the next podcast clears up a few things in this area. Though, I'm sure whatever it does happen to clear up will still have the forum chattering insanely for another month.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline TheNewGuy

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 03:20:41 pm »
Now if it's possible to swoop down, snatch up a small creature, carry it 300 feet into the air and drop it to it's doom (to later feast on it's body) we don't know if that is possible or not.

I hope we can!

Offline Ketro Fett

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 07:04:59 pm »
You could probably fly up with the creature in your mouth after killing it, at least.  That would be pretty cool. :)

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 07:30:07 pm »
Well, if the game is 'procedural', you might be able to give your creatures commands like "pick up", "fly", "drop", "land", "eat", and call it "swoop".

Come to think of it, this reminds me of some of those old RPG/strategy/puzzle type games where you'd type in commands like "open", "get", "drop".

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 09:02:21 pm »
Ohh, how I loved those. Still, this gave me an idea. I know it's nigh impossible, but can enemy creatures starve? If they can, I have an awesome idea. I'd have a little flying thing with eyes on the front and a sucker/acid thing in the underbelly. Then it would have graspers like a ribcage around its acidsucker and would simply capture little rabbit things and digest them, then eat them. Or maybe the graspers can be wings which are also webbed fingers. It would catch it, go to its nest, digest it, and throw it in the food pit. Then suckle its babes.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Evil Overlord

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Fools,i'll destroy them ALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 02:40:26 am »
I'd personally like to swoop down and grab things in my creatures feet while it pummels them with it's arms or other foot before throwing it to the gound and repeating or flying along and dragging it if it's heavy across the ground(gravel rash anyone)
I'll eat your soul

Offline Gandysampras

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Spore - It's whatever you want it to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 02:49:51 am »
From the looks of things and from the GDC video we know that the procedural verbs can be combined, so i guess it would just be like the dragging being a combination of eat and walk,

Swoop could be grab and fly, or eat/fly for something already dead. The possibilities for this game sem endless already!

Offline Tarrasque

• Mystery House Madman
  • Freedom at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 04:06:56 am »
Or swoop up and let fall from altitude. Shouldn't be too difficult. (Fly nd let loose) Hopefully, the things will not explode on impact so there is left someting to eat.  ;D
"I'm Jack's complete lack of surprise"