Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 41176 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 05:18:39 am »
True but it also depend on how good you are at riding. Both in game skills and real world skills. If you are good you can often ride following the contour's of the mountain. But i would recommend that all have a backup weapon. I often use one lance, one sword, and a range weapon for safety. Also if you are sticking to the low land you will have less problem with bad terrain.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 06:56:16 am »
Can I fall off a mountain with my horse?

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 12:34:26 pm »
Can I fall off a mountain with my horse?

There are no sheer cliffs that I have found, but yes, you can.

You can also club defenseless female peasants, and capture two castles.

Also, the flintlock pistol has been removed in later versions, replaced with a well hidden "strange armor" and "strange weapons"

PM me if you want to know its locations.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 08:03:23 pm »
I played the demo and it was pretty fun, but it seems kinda like their is a lack of direction, but I digress. Fun game
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 08:07:30 pm »
I will install it when I get back to PatMan Main Headquarters.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 04:17:58 pm »
Version 0.800 will be released soon. Just giving a heads up to the community. :)

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 10:40:22 am »
it's released and i need to get a better graphics card

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 11:48:37 am »
Everything looks better, if you have a card that supports shader 2.0. Most everything can be turned off to get it to run on almost anything.

Full plate armor still looks like cardboard though. :-\

Everything shows up on characters now, rather than just the arrow quivers. And every city has an Arena now.

And other armies are now able to help allies when they come across a battle in progress, just like the player. However this sometimes causes some crashes to desktop when you try to join in. Also these battles take forever, because for some reson, I can only ever get 8 enemies to show up on a map at once, and enemy reinforcements don't spawn. So a battle between 30 and 30 take 4-5 battles to end it.

A very big bug keeps Marnid and Borcha from joining your party. :-\

Offline OrdoSanguis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Ahoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2006, 09:40:28 am »
Wow, I really like this game, even though it's still in beta. I might buy it later when I see how it turns out to be as features are added.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2006, 06:02:56 pm »
Borch and Marchid can now join your party!

Now, could someone tell me where to find the "Starnge Weapons" and "Strange Armor"?
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2007, 02:30:37 am »
You find the special armor/weapons in chests, in The Last Days MOD, the first chest was in the inn in the neutral starting city, right by the door, I also found one by an outdoor merchant, look around :)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2007, 02:43:18 am »
No no, that Strange armor and weapons are actually in the normal versions. One chest is in Tihr, under a bridge, and the other in Rivaidan, on top of a castle wall.

The last chest, in Jelkalla, has been moved since it appeared in .750, since the layout of the city changed. I no longer know where it is. :-\

Offline Cheesecow

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • "Experience is nothing, leveling is everything."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 01:37:13 am »
since I am reading this on a laptop I cant download it and try it til I get home on the 12th so could someone explain to me the game concept? I didnt like the explanation given.
any one on the alliance playing on WoW server hyjal should message my lvl 70 NE hunter Trenth

Offline Sawmill

• Mystery House Madman
  • WoW
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 11:11:58 am »
Looks really fun!!
Hey i play Wow and i have many Char. on server name Norgannon alliance. ( US ), if you play on this server horde or alliance email me at gregroberts7@yahoo.com . see yea ingame!
Current level- 60 ( almost 61 )

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 05:54:21 pm »
Seeing as this is a beta indy game, the graphics could offset some gamers I guess, the water is pretty basic, the world map is pretty basic and crude, the animations are clunky (except on horse), the towns are rather bland, but from what I have read, version 0.808 should have MUCH improved graphics over the old 0.751, I use the old one because all the MODs still use the old one.

But this game isnt about Oblivion level graphics, its about raw man to man battles, on horse or foot, using Bows, crossbows, throwning weapons and javalins, axes mauls swords cutlasses scimitars lances pikes clubs knives spear broadswords claymores scythes rocks hammers and more, and this game delivers horse battles like no other game I have played.

You start off all alone in the world, with a few rags and a basic weapon, your objective (wich offcause varies from MOD to MOD) is to win (well doh) using an army you build from scratch.

In the Vanilla version, you can join 2 different factions who are at war, you start out neutral though, and can do trading between cities of both factions untill you take sides.
In most towns, you can compete in the arena for cash, buy and sell weapons and armour, or rest in the tavern, you can also hire troops at taverns, and in the faction towns you can get quests from the various lords, in the starter town you get a newbie quest to kill river bandits.

Its a good idea to choose a mounted starter class when you first play, because being a footsoldier in M&B takes a lot of skill, and a lot of skillpoints :)
Then you fight roaming bands, complete quests, and fight in the arena for money, wich you spend on buying basic troops, like farmers or other semi incompetent youthlings.
The troops gain experience as you battle enemies, and as they become more experienced, they gain new abilities.
A footsoldier can for example either become a veteran footknight, a footarcher, or a mounted knight/archer, depending on how you choose to "evolve" them, usually they get 5 or 6 levels of advancements as they gain XP, and each level enhances their role in battle.

M&B is at its very best when you play one of the great MODs, they are VERY different in settings, from Japaneese Shogun battles, to Napoleonic battles, to Lord of the Rings Orcs versus Men battles, to pirates and sea battles, to Star Wars lightsaber battles.

The game is fun, no question about that, the feeling of sawing down enemies from horseback is unique to this game, and you really care for the men under your command, because loosing your evolved veterans hurts.

I wouldnt attempt to rate this game, because it IS beta still, and I would rate it much higher than what it should be rated "on paper", simply because I adore it :)

Here are a few pics:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Poised_photos/onrshot2.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Poised_photos/onrshot5.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Poised_photos/holycrapoothisishuge4th.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Poised_photos/mb00045ec.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Poised_photos/hepsibeniseviyor1ap.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/Poised_photos/holycrapoo22bt.jpg

And a gameplay video, the guy playing is rather newb though, Im a freaking surgeon comparred to this guy :)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5231523577643886384&q=mount%26blade
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:08:02 pm by Poised »