Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 41235 times)

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2010, 06:01:13 pm »
I saw Warband in Best Buy on Sunday. I bought the Fallout Trilogy collection instead.  :P

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2011, 11:21:49 pm »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2011, 05:38:49 am »
Hey, that reminds me!  I have to finish Warband. 

There were a bunch of gun powder mods for the original that I tried and enjoyed certain aspects, from it, but still seemed to fall back to my trusty swords.  Interesting that they're using a less fictional historical background and map. 

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:36 pm »
With Fire & Sword now available on steam! $13.49! Woo
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2011, 02:13:27 pm »
Or get them all for only $20.  Great deal, if you ask me.  I've got about 200 hours playtime between the first two. 

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2011, 04:48:50 pm »
I would buy it.

But I have no dough.

**** I need a job.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2011, 11:32:45 am »
I started up my old Mount and Blade save recently 'cause I really wanted to shoot some arrows into skulls. Very satisfying.
My character has been around for.. nearly 400 days now. Fairly old data I pop in on every few months I guess.
I seem to remember trying very hard to wipe out the Rhodoks for the Nords earlier but just as I was about to strike the killing blow on one of their cities, they signed a treaty. Man, was I pissed.

Still, my dude is very popular. I made marshal the other day and borrowed a nearby lord and his army. Got him to follow me to Suno, occupied by Swadia, and we took it. It was about 250 of us against 400 of them. Not too hard.
I told him to sit there, grabbed another lord to follow me, whacked and captured a few Swadian lords along the way. Saved one of our weaker lords who attacked King Harlaus (that was about 20 vs. 150) and got him to follow me to Dhirim I think it was, the last Swadian-occupied city. There were a few lords resting in there and next to no soldiers in the garrison. Easy as hell.

So yeah, I think I just conked Swadia. Dunno if I have to take all the castles too but I will if I have to.

Really hope that makes me a good marshal to everybody else, taking two cities, wiping out Swadia and all.

Considering getting that expansion but I don't know. I just hope sieges aren't stupid bottleneck bullcrap like before.
I hope one day to actually be able to construct and deploy siege weapons at my own whim, or work with armies that use them.
Maybe M&B2.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2011, 11:38:10 am »
Considering getting that expansion but I don't know. I just hope sieges aren't stupid bottleneck bullcrap like before.
I hope one day to actually be able to construct and deploy siege weapons at my own whim, or work with armies that use them.
Maybe M&B2.
I read in an interview with somebody from TaleWorlds that during sieges you can try to blow a hole in the wall or poison the water if you've got the right skills. So that should liven things up.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2011, 12:38:12 pm »

Maybe M&B2.

I think in With Fire and Sword you get to choose which siege tactic you use (ladder, siege tower, etc).

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2011, 01:49:08 pm »
I wont be able to pre-order it (unless someone with a paypal wants to wait 2 weeks for me to pay them back) but within... 2 weeks (lookitdat) I'll be able to buy it, so I'm relatively happy!

Edit: Thanks, guy on Steam who bought it for me!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:41:21 pm by Doctor Z »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »
New Vikings DLC is out, patched, and fun as ever.

Map is Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Britain, Ireland.

860's. Sigurd Snake in the Eye, Bjorn Ironside, and other Rangarssons are ballin out.

Story mode, too.

It's good stuff till Bannerlord. If you like Warband I mean this is better.

No 2hd though so don't bother with the proficiency.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2015, 02:09:27 pm »
Maybe M&B2.

Here you go!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s</a>

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2015, 02:18:42 pm »
Yyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Please be better than the first

Checkers!

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2015, 04:11:26 pm »
Looks like it's coming together alright. Hope it works out.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo</a>
Things I dig:
vastly superior character creation
towns seem much more bustling and lived-in
improved ragdolls in combat give your blows a much more meaningful impact
far better UI in terms of appearance and design
that Cordalos guy does a hilariously terrible Strongbad impression
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:06:13 am by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2015, 07:58:01 am »
Plus weapon crafting. Finally I will nonlonger have to search high and low for a decent 2hnd weapon. "The Penis Mightier" shall rule