Author Topic: I'm Going into the story 3-D! only without the "-D" part.  (Read 19503 times)

TheNecromonicon

Re: I'm Going into the story 3-D! only without the "-D" part.
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 04:52:11 pm »
"A little of this, a little of that. You know how it is. Work is work... and work ain't always fun, even when you love your job. Sometimes you get beat by the man, or dragged down by the ones you love..." I took another swig and puff.

"But tonight I just felt like cutting it early and getting a drink... good thing my instincts drove me here, if you catch my drift. "

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 05:01:34 pm »
I recognized the man who had taken hold of my Coat as The one and only Ricky Draples.
Here he was.

"Hold it a second." I said.

If I was going to seem at all intimidating I probably had to change the position I was in.
I pulled myself free, turned around and shouted "AHA! So you're the stalker!"

"Wait a second." I thought to myself in thought broadcast noir style. "I already knew that."

"I mean..."I said. "Er...Please stop stalking your Ex-Fiance?"
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 05:22:04 pm »
I'm going into the story.

"Now," I said to the rookie, "not everyone is fit for a job in the eighth precinct.  It's gonna take balls, you're gonna have to pull the trigger."
"I'm ready," (s)he replied, trying his/her best not to look green.  It wasn't working.
*ring ring*
I picked up the phone.  A masked voice greeted me.
"HELLO CHIEF VFX WATCH"
"Hell-o...  Listen, I'm in the middle of..."
"I'VE FOUND SGORE"
"If you want to report something you'll need to call--wait, sgore?!?"
"I KNEW YOU'D BE INTERESTED.  YOU'LL FIND HIM AT THE FLONASE CAFE."
"How did you get this extension, er, who are you?"
He hung up.
"Welcome to the force, Officer Chamblis.  You start right now."  I dropped down a badge and a gun on the desk and headed for the door.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 06:42:58 pm »
john left the bar now that he was off the clock and went down to the cafe that his client had given him the name of to make his report and that would be the end this job with any luck
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:26:42 pm by shadowlord18 »
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 07:07:14 pm »
(More of the Jazzy Saxaphone music playing throught post.)
The Curb was uncomfortable, but albeit warmer with pants on. At least, it probably would have been if it weren't raining. Heavly.
I got up from my position and started to walk down the street.

It was obvious this was more a matter of persuading Draples to leave his Ex alone. Of course I needed something to persuade him with in the first place. The cops probably wouldn't be of much help anyway. This was of course the 40's. The times hadn't even progressed to the Housewife Ideals of the 50's, and I was pretty sure the Police wouldn't take the word of a beautiful dame over a bribe friendly mobster.

Rather then wait for the Women's Lib. Movement of the 60's I knew I needed a plan that would work in time to ensure client's safety.
But what?

I decided a late night snack would probably help me think this over.
Luckly for me, I happened to be passing by a brightly lit Cafe. I walked out of the downpour and in through the metal doors.

(Occ: And to clarify for no confusion The Nightclub, Cafe and Bar are 3 diffrent places.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 07:13:09 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 07:13:45 pm »
"Wait a sec...." I mutter quietly as I look at the picture I was given. I look again at Ric and I realize this is the guy I'm supposed to murder. Intresting, I thought this was going to be a long search but it seems luck was on my side. Best to figure out how to pull it off before I start slicing and dicing. I thought to myself. I silently and inconspiciously continued to watch as he had an accuser throw him out of the bar.

What will you do?

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 08:19:29 pm »
john had arrived at the cafe where his client was to meet him in the next half hour for his report after that this whole mess would be over. after the martyred sat him at his table john knew that some thing was not quite right but he could not put his finger on it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:27:17 pm by shadowlord18 »
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 08:51:15 pm »
I ordered an Ice Water and a Chocolate doughnut and they somehow got to me only moments later.

Now I needed to persuade Draples to stop, but what did I have to persuaid him with?

What could I even dig up that Drables would want?

I tried to think.

I knew Draples was an Avid Gem Collecter. Besides being known for his "Shopping Sprees" to Jewelry stores, You could just tell by the decorations of his nightclub.
"If I somehow got a rare Gem of some sort I could probably trade it for my client's Safety." I thought to myself. "But what oppertunity do I have to get a rare gem of some sort?"

That's when I remembered something.
"I ordered Ice in this water!" I said aloud.

That's when I remembered something more relevent.
"That Burgler, From earlier, He said something about a gem and going to Europe."

I was going to have to see if I could catch him at the airport. I went up to the desk to pay my bill and realized my pants had escaped me once more.

"Er. Put it on my Tab." I said as I ran out the door and back into the rain.

"I just hope there's time." I thought.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 10:32:56 pm »
Chambliss slowed the car to a halt in front of the Bolambo Congo.

"Now," I calmly said, "Sgore's probably already fled the joint, but at least we can get his whereabouts with a bit of questioning."

I approached the Bouncer, flashing my badge.

"Have you seen a man named Sgore here?  He's wanted for extortion, and we recieved a tip that led us here."
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 10:57:35 pm »
I get up and take a long glance around the place, better get this over with.... I thought as I quirked my head so I was staring directly at ric. Leering at him for a split second I looked around one more time as I put my hand into my black dress with frills, and spotted the back way out. In one smooth-as-silk motion I pulled out my custom enjewled pistol, aimed in a flick of the wrist, fired a round dead center in his head, and placed the pistol back into my dress. I started to slink away, not bothering to see if he had survived the shot, there was no way he could have. Everyone began to stare at the scene in shock, nobody noticing my disapearence from the bar.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 06:12:31 pm by Genesis »

What will you do?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 06:34:12 am »
It was getting dark out and I needed to get home. It wasn't safe for me to be out alone after dark.

"Thanks for the drink and the smoke but I have to be going now." I told the man next to me.

I stood up and tucked my purse under my arm and started to leave.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 01:59:57 pm »
"Whoa... well then, may I at least walk you home? It's not safe out these nights."

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2006, 05:02:25 pm »
john saw Mr sgore in the cafe with him but he had waited for while for his client to come some thing was wrong so he left the cafe and headed to the club that his client owned .some thing was wrong so very wrong what was going on.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:25:10 pm by shadowlord18 »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2006, 06:17:40 pm »
"If you insist, that will be fine" I said, secretly relived that I wouldn't have to walk home alone. "I live 3 blocks away to the east. By the way my name is Rachel, what's yours?"  I gave the man a fake name just in case he knew Ric. He had kind eyes and I felt like I could trust him but one can never be too sure.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2006, 06:27:42 pm »
"Haha, how rude of me. It completely slipped my mind. My name is Craig - it's a pleasure to meet you."

It wasn't every day I got to be in the company of a beautiful woman. I had come to the bar hoping for a one night stand, but something about this Rachel really struck me, as if there was far more to come... I opened the door for her, and we walked out. It was still damn cold.