Author Topic: I'm Going into the story 3-D! only without the "-D" part.  (Read 19502 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
I'm Going into the story 3-D! only without the "-D" part.
« on: July 27, 2006, 03:21:50 pm »
The object of the game I'm going into the story is to Just play along in the role you take on telling the story from your point of view until its over or you die or something along those lines..(If you do die you could always come back as like a ghost or clone or never really killed etc...totally up to you) its a really fun game!

Here's an example of how the game works:
poster one: Well, it was Monday again, and yet another day of school was coming. I was at the bus stop. When the bus came, i got on only to find nobody else on except for the bus driver and myself. "That's weird." I thought to myself "I'm like the fourth to last stop. There usually are no seats left when i get on."

poster 2: "I'm going into the story!"

I got on the bus and saw poster one, but no other kids. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

poster one:"I don't know" I said back to her. "Maybe they're all out sick."

poster 2: "I don't think everyone could be out sick." i said.

Poster 3: "I'm going into the story!"

I silently agreed with her in my head. I had been driving this bus for 3 years, and usually only 1 or 2, if any kids were out sick. I didn't say anything at that point though because i was just there to do my job and drive the bus. Still i couldn't help but wonder where everyone else could be.

And the story would basically go on till the whole thing was resolved or at least the main conflict was.(you know in case any sub-plots develop or something.)

Some rules:
-Don't speak for anyone else Who is actually a poster but yourself. in other words don't do this:

Poster 4: I said no, but poster 3 said yes. (also try not to do it with actions either, but if you must that's OK.)

-You only have to say "I'm going into the story!" when you are first going into the story. Once you have entered the story, you don't have to say it anymore. But do say it to start.

-If you want to enter the story you can create a new person and introduce that person or take over for a created unfilled character (like poster 3 did in the example)

-Any created roles not filled by people (like the bus driver) can be taken over at any point in the story. until then it is fair game to say what they do and say and such.

-New Rule: If you want, you can also at some point say "I'm going out of the story" and re-enter the story with "I'm going into the story" as a diffrent character. But be careful, If you do this, it's possible you may not have your original character to go back to later on should it be "bumped off" or something. (I've been pondering this idea for a little bit. But If people rather I remove it I will)

-oh, and Nicknames are allowed now.

Newer Rule!: If someone's prolonged silence is interfering with a plot line's continuance other player may treat it as an uncontroled character until the controlling poster returns.

Anyway let's start.

I'm going into the story.

(Smoky Jazz Sax intro. Fade in to a Black and White corner office.)
It was a dark and hot summer night. I was sitting in my office with my feet up reading the newest edition of Soup and Salad magazine. I'd prefer to say this was my first chance to relax in ages, but I couldn't. Partly because I had run down my can of Pepsi four hours ago and the sink's faucet was clogged up leaving my throat drier then the comedy in a New Yorker cartoon, and partly because the phone hadn't rung in weeks.

That's when she walked in.

She looked about 6'1" with Brown hair wearing a Peacock Blue dress, and had eyes that could have looked into the depths of the universe, but right now they were looking at me.

Why the hell had I taken off my pants earlier.

I quickly sat down in a more traditional position, putting my legs below the desk.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat. "Can I help you?"

"Yes." she replied. "Are you Detective Sgore?"

"Are you with the Internal Revenue Service?"

"No."

"Then Yes."

I could feel this conversation was getting off on a good start.

"Detective, I'll get right to the point." She continued "I think my Ex-Fiance may be stalking me. The police won't believe me. I need your help to stop him and keep me safe."

"Hm. What makes think he's stalking you?" I asked.

"Well let's see." She started. "As I was leaving the park last week I saw him enter a Taxi behind me and get out where I had. Last night I noticed his car driving up and down the street. And before I entered the elevator a little while ago he came up to me and told me he was stalking me."

"Huh. That does seem somewhat like stalking." I responded.

"Please detective. I need help."

"And who is your husband?" I asked.

"Ricky Draples." She responded

The name hit me like a rouge 9-Iron.
Ricky "Ric" Draples owned the Famed exclusive Bolambo Congo Nightclub north of Pier 17. Besides being the hottest club around, It was also a front for some of Ric's shadier buisness associates. Anyone who had Ric as an enemy was eigther a fool, or valued their kneecaps very little.

I was neigther, but I felt obligated to take the case.

"I'll do it." I said.

"Oh thank you detective." She responded. "I feel safer already."

She left the room, leaving me lost in thought.
"I should probably start by putting my pants back on..."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 01:11:50 pm by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Going into the story 3-D! only without the "-D" part.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 03:51:35 pm »
i am going in to the story

john leaned against a tree near the apartment of his clients ex wife he had been payed to fallow her not that he was totally sure why. there was a man In the apartment that seemed to be detective sgore struggling to put his pants back on. john smiled to him self his client was going to be very interested in this.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:28:16 pm by shadowlord18 »
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 03:56:12 pm »
J'entre dans l'histoire!

It was simple really, I was going to scale the wall of the apartment using a grappling hook cunningly concealed in an umbrella, cut through the skylight with my diamond cufflinks, gracefully drop into the apartment below, find the safe, use a stethescope like listening device concealed in the lining of my blazer to crack the wall safe I had ascertained was behind the picture of the Infant Samuel at Prayer, take the emperor's tear (the worlds largest and most convincing counterfeit diamond, which I was going to use later in an igenious confidence trick) then pick the lock on the front door with my lockpick cum Tiepin and steal away into the night... unfortunately I forgot to check which skylight led to the socialite's apartment and found myself in a large if rather feculant room occupied by a man in a pork pie hat... he wasnt wearing any trousers.
"Oh, do excuse me, frightfully sorry, some money will be sent later to cover the skylight. Must dash, Toodle-oo."  
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 04:11:05 pm »
now what this some one seemed to fall though the skylight in to the apartment things where getting stranger by the second  good thing this was his last day on this job, but according to some of the infomation he heard things where more complicated then his client was letting on. John lit his pipe and blew some smoke rings into the air he knew things where going to get worse before they got better.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:28:49 pm by shadowlord18 »
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 04:23:32 pm »
(Occ: Shadow, I get what you're saying and I'm glad you're playing but please use spell check a little more. It makes things easier to read)

He wasn't the first and I had a feeling the man now running out my front door wouldn't be the last person to see me without pants this evening. Still, making sure I had them with me was probably a good Idea.

As I tugged my pants up the rest of the way I decided a good place to start my investigation would be at Ric's home. Since I didn't know where that was I decided the second best place would be to make my way to the Bolambo Congo.

As long as the bouncer would let me in of course...
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 04:26:33 pm »
I'm going into the story!

"All right, what's the password?" I asked the scrawny guy with no pants on in front of me.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 04:31:11 pm »
I was baffeled as to where my pants had gone to as I walked over to the club.
I hoped they would reappear at some point but for now I thought it important focus on the task at hand.

Rather then take a random guess with the password I decided to go with the responce I would think would be most likely to get me in.
"Er. I'm with the band." I said.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 04:33:07 pm »
"Sorry sir, no band tonight."

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 04:35:45 pm »
"But I didn't say band." I had to be quick here. "I said, Catering Staff"

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 04:37:13 pm »
"Damn, I gotta get my ears checked. In ya go!" I follow him inside and attempt to give him a tour.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 05:10:38 pm »
Having failed my pervious heist and having quietly snuck out of the detective's apartment i wne to plan B. Stealing the lucky Magnum hanging on the wall of the Bolambo Nightclub. it was simple really, I would deftly disguise myself as corrupt police officer Dennis Hopper and pretend I was at the club to collect a bribe, once inside I would find a likely spot and remove my rubber mask and uniform. From there it would be a simple matter to naviagte the ventilation shafts of the bulding to reach the private room where the magnum hung, I could then replace it with an identical gun and retreat back to my mansion so i could put it in my trophy room... unfortunately the vents hadnt been securely fastened to the walls and i tipped out about half way through landing somewher ein the lobby, seeing the trouserless detective I smiled
"oh! Hello again. Busy busy!"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 05:12:45 pm by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 06:41:27 pm »
I'm going into the story.

"Time to get up again...." I walk out of the small capsule and into a darkened room.
"Why did you summon me this time?"
A man walks out of the corner, he is still shrouded in shadow. He replies,
"I'll make this quick, assassinate this person."
Hands me some documents.
"So be it."
After I say that I leave the room and walk out into the street.

What will you do?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 07:29:33 pm »
I'm going into the story...

As I left the dectective's office I wondered why I had said that I felt safer. The man had no pants for god's sake. How could I feel safe? I also told him my stalker was an ex-fiance and he called him my husband. Would he really be able to handle a job like this? He didn't even ask for money or a retainer fee. No, I didn't feel safe at all.

I opened my purse and made sure the pistol was still there. Seeing that it was, I closed it and tucked it under my arm and walked to the elevator. I was feeling very jittery about the whole thing. God I needed a drink. There was a bar around the corner, I decided to stop in for a martini.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 09:02:34 pm »
OOC: Uh, I had clothes.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 09:20:31 pm »
OOC: Your the bouncer, not the bartender. At least, thats what I gathered. Im talking about the Bartender LadyM talkejd about

OOC: I misread you, sorry.