Author Topic: My new creature: The Crovolian  (Read 2535 times)

Offline floorseatorder

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
My new creature: The Crovolian
« on: July 27, 2006, 12:06:42 pm »
With my first creature i jumped straight in and said they were the most powerful creature in the universe and they had a weapon wich could blow anything up. You didn't take this very well, and at the time i didn't know why. I have been lurking a while and now i understand. So here is my new, thought through, one-step-at-a-time creature.

I am going to start this at the micro-organism stage. Nothing that evolves with this creature will be without a purpose and i shall be explaining each reason and change with each stage

There are only two bacteria because those are the only species there are.
These two creatures are not natural. They were placed there by an advanced alien race with an experimentel gene which allowed them to evolve extraordinaraly fast. One of the pictured changes in the Crovolian only took about 10 years. They managed to eat all other forms of bacteria, as they had no cahnce against rapidly evolving creatures that would change to kill a specific prey in such a minute amount of time (Evoloution-wise)

The key here and for all coming pics is that the red arrow points to a creature that was eating or attacking the Crovolian. The green arrow points to the next stage of Crolovian with a change to help it against that foe

Here are the first four changes to the micro Crovolian. It starts as a blue blob. The Crovolian continually gets eaten by a creature with a more pointed shape so it can attack other creature. The Micro Crovolian then evolves to have a tail, allowing it to move faster and escape it's predators. Eventually the Crovolian began to eat the red creature. So the red creature evolved to have a tough shell, so the Crovolian couldn't eat it. The Crovolian then grew an "Arm", allowing it to brake the shell and reach the yummy, yummy red thing inside. The shell of the red thing then grew thicker, and couldn't be broken by the Crovolians arm. The crovolians arm gradually split into two, allowing it to tear the red things shell apart.

If you dont understand the pic, ask for a better explanation of how it works.

Now, anyone here can help me with this. Present me with what you think the next evolution of the red thing should be and the Crovolian will evolve. Nothing silly, it doesn't have to be too detailed, and a sentance or two on whats changed if it's not obvious
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 01:07:17 pm by floorseatorder »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: My new creature: The Crovolian
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 12:29:31 pm »
Cool, I like the way you're going about this.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:31:53 pm »
Out of all the bacteria in the sea, two creatures evolving to soely deal with eachother seems unlikely. Which is why I find this intriguing. Do continue :)

Offline floorseatorder

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:00:32 pm »
These two creatures are not natural. They were placed there by an advanced alien race with an experimentel gene which allowed them to evolve extraordinaraly fast. One of the pictured changes in the Crovolian only took about 10 years. They managed to eat all other forms of bacteria, as they had no cahnce against rapidly evolving creatures that would change to kill a specific prey in such a minute amount of time (Evoloution-wise)

Quick note
I'm going to take these Crovolians to the end of time, have them as an all powerful race, like the nauceans but even more. They live in a parallel reality so no-one else's creations will be there and no-one will be angry at me for having an all powerful race because they don't exist for them.

Ooh, roleplaying idea: INVADERS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION: THE CROVOLIANS! All the other races would have to come together to fight them.
Nahh rubbish idea
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 01:06:56 pm by floorseatorder »

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:05 pm »

It's this kind of important information you're supposed to put in the FIRST post so I don't have to guess. I suggest copying this into your first post now.