Author Topic: The Sims 2-3-4 (including expansions)  (Read 54288 times)

Offline Khaz-Rhoz-Zek

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 2: Pets
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2006, 04:16:56 pm »
The Sims would be a far better game if the needs of the sims weren't such a constant factor. As it is, it is impossible to accomplish anything without mindless hours of tedious work involving clicking on a toilet, shower, bed, and fridge.  :(

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2006, 10:07:46 pm »
The Sims would be a far better game if the needs of the sims weren't such a constant factor. As it is, it is impossible to accomplish anything without mindless hours of tedious work involving clicking on a toilet, shower, bed, and fridge. :(
hold down ctrl-alt-c

type "motivedecay off" then "maxmotives"

you might need to type exit to clear the cheat screen. That  will stop their needs from decreasing so you can actually do other things besides have them running around filling needs all day. This works for everyone on the lot. It's really nice if your running a business you can keep using that and your empoyees will work for days.

As for expansions, personally I'm getting real tired of new locations. I never go downtown because it feels like more of an annoyance then anything.  I want a "house design" expansion. something which lets me make better houses, bigger houses, anything.  I'd much rather have an expansion that adds nothing but new furniture, house accesories (carpet, door, wallpaper etc..) and new ways of building houses. That's something I would use much more then say a vacation expansion.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2006, 10:14:45 pm »
Well, different things are good for different people. That might be something you would like, but other people would probably like other things, too. They are trying to please as many people as they can, so they need to mix things.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2006, 12:00:35 am »
Yes but they already have university, downtown, and the shopping district to already visit. It's not like there is a shortage of places to go.  In fact the one single place I've ever wanted to go has never been put in either game -- the ability to visit other houses.  But honestly, I wish they would cut down on the "new areas" Like you said yourself, different things for different people. Well those who want to go places already have three expansions devoted to them, how about something.. different?

But in the end it's all pointless anyway, they are already cranking out a third game, and when that comes out, The Sims 2 will be left behind (for me anyway).  I should just hold off buying any more expansions until The Sims 3 :p 

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2006, 02:39:04 am »
They said the idea of visiting other houses have always been in thoughts but since each house in The Sims games is a saved game, it's not really possible to do so.

Well, they've been singing the same song for having sims owning cars of their own but now we have this feature from Sims 2: Nightlife. I assume Visiting other Houses will be included in Sims games at some point. If not for Sims 2, it will certainly be a part of Sims 3. After all this has been something all fans have been requesting since the first game.

Back to you Lualmoba, Yes I tried all Sims 1 and 2 expansion sets. 'Makin' Magic' and 'Livin' Large' however were not on top of my fav-list because while I like fantasy, magic and all that, I don't really like to see it as a part of a life simulation game. I mostly welcome ideas that are based on real life. Of course as long as these features are not the main perspectives of the game, they're fun to be included but deffinitly not as the main idea. 'Makin' Magic' to me was like a dose of 'Harry Potter' and 'Sims'... weird!!

Like you said, "different things are good for different people" and what I just said above is an example of how true this statement is! ;)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2006, 12:38:08 pm »
Well, first of all. The new areas were not the only things those expansions added. For example, they all added more objects, actions, and options for building, which is what you wanted (they weren't the focus of the EPs, though). University added a new life stage and well, the university with everything that comes with it. Nightlife added chemistry and the dating mini-game, as well as a new aspiration and the ability to see other buildings in the neighborhood. And Open for Business added the ability to buy community lots and all the things that come with businesses. Also, they all added new 'creatures' like zombies, aliens, vampires, robots, werewolves, and well, pets which are probably used mostly by storytellers. Also, since not everyone will buy all the EPs, it's good that they add new places.

So, I think that's a pretty good variety.

But yeah, everyone wants something different, so it's unlikely that they will be able to please everyone all the time.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2006, 10:34:41 pm »
As much as I enjoy my point wizzing by your head, I'll just move on...

So why were there no medium sized dogs?

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2006, 02:54:12 am »
The Sims would be a far better game if the needs of the sims weren't such a constant factor. As it is, it is impossible to accomplish anything without mindless hours of tedious work involving clicking on a toilet, shower, bed, and fridge. :(

Hehehe... well, what can I say, I never bother myself about that. I always use what Interitus has said in his post and man that's fab! The guys at Maxis have made it even easier by writting all cheat codes in the game's read-me file since the first expansion pack. That makes things even easier for the likes of me! ;D

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2006, 09:37:38 pm »
I find it easy to manage my Sims by using that little thing called the pause button.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

gec05

Re: The Sims 2: (Insert Expansion Pack Name Here...)
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2006, 02:58:48 pm »
I changed the thread title to open up the discussion topic a little.

Also, something new recently came out of the works. Clicky!

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2006, 03:01:51 pm »
Haha, sunburn?

How many expansions is that now?

gec05

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2006, 03:12:04 pm »
Five... ... ...

Also, they're coming out with a new series of situational spin-offs known as the Sims: Stories.

Clicky again

These stand-alone games of the Sims 2 require you to play the game by completeing goals in any way you choose to get there. The whole point is to introduce people into playing the Sims while giving them purpose to play the game. Not meant for the hardcore Simmer in general but it gives you goals and missions unlike the Sims 2. Again, these games are stand-alone and do not add extra content to your already existing installation of the Sims 2 nor do they receive anything from the expansion packs. These games are also designed to run on laptop computers so that they are capable of being played in a windowed mode so you can IM and whatnot. Once you complete the stories, you can continue playing the families in sandbox mode.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:22:20 pm by Eligecos »

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2006, 10:31:21 pm »
Sounds like...

...a GOOD IDEA, actually.  I know a lot of people who are afraid to jump into the Sims right now.  This looks perfect for them, especially if they make it downloadable.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2006, 10:53:39 pm »
I decided to download the sim creator I dont know if I'll make it as a housemate maybe I'll be an intruder down the road or what ever LadyM has instore for the extras if I can be a house mate cool. Although LadyM will probably have to fix my skin colour from what I understand I dont know what you can do but I'm sure you have seen pics of me in other forum topics or even my south park character but at the very least general caucasian skin.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2006, 12:37:27 am »
I decided to download the sim creator I dont know if I'll make it as a housemate maybe I'll be an intruder down the road or what ever LadyM has instore for the extras if I can be a house mate cool. Although LadyM will probably have to fix my skin colour from what I understand I dont know what you can do but I'm sure you have seen pics of me in other forum topics or even my south park character but at the very least general caucasian skin.
You want this thread.