Author Topic: The Sims 2-3-4 (including expansions)  (Read 53848 times)

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 2: Pets
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 04:53:05 pm »
Yeah, I have to say, it did always piss me off how you had to fire up bodyshop to do any real customisation for your Sims. It would have been nice if they'd made the in-game Sim editor at least match up with the pet editor.

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 03:35:26 am »
Are you kidding? Especially the PC version. Humans have 4 skin tones.. pets get at least a dozen basic ones.. all of which can be blended. Humans get.. 5? basic eye colours. Dogs not only get at least twice that, they can also individually make each eye a different colour. (this can actually happen in humans, my friend Wade has it). I guess humans probably have more facial features. But as for the rest of the body, The Sims are all just carbon copies. Where as pets have countless (almost to the point of needless) numbers of different ways to change their body.

I understand what you mean now, I guess you are right in a way, but you do have the options to do re-colours to the skins, eyes and hair with your sims, not sure about Pets yet as I havent got a copy of it. Also you do have more options with sims to do with their face customisation in bodyshop, you dont have that with Pets.
Good Grief!

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 04:20:45 pm »
I heard Bodyshop wasn't updated with Pets. Is that true? :-\

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 12:16:58 pm »
I heard Bodyshop wasn't updated with Pets. Is that true? :-\

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any significant changes to Bodyshop. At first I was disappointed that I couldn't edit my pets in BS. But now I'm disappointed that I can't fully edit my sims in game.

This is by far the weakest EP to date. Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying making pets and having them in my game but other then that, there's just not much here. If you take away the pets and the related objects all you have left of any significance are diagonal roofs, the sledge hammer tool and the flatten lot tool.

The pets themselves kind of add a new layer to the gameplay, but not really. They are just like normal sims except you can't control them and they can only really help boost social/fun bars and bring in a modest income. I think after the novelty of climbing the pet career track is gone, most people will go back to concentrating on the sims themselves. Because, really, your sims will benefit far more from adopting a hobo off the street.

If anyone is interested I have a few dog and cat breeds available for download.

Rowlf from the Muppets

Cringer and Panthor from He-Man.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2006, 06:35:20 pm »
Nice bonemouse :D

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 11:06:45 am »
Also you do have more options with sims to do with their face customisation in bodyshop, you dont have that with Pets.

Actually I find that very frustrating. In The Sims 2 for PC there is no Asian skin tone, Middle East, Aboriginal or dark dark black. (The "black personally looks more boderline Indian then African).  And with the way the skins work, if I used a custom deep Black and Caucasian (that came with the game) the child would be either or. It wouldn't use any of the other colours because it only recognizes that it is a skin tone, not where the skin tone falls in the range of colours.  The same thing happens with custom hair colour or eye.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 04:18:12 am »
Has anyone else got the flyer that promotes the next expansion pack? I've got one that says:

"Give your Sims a break and get them out of the house! This upcoming expansion pack for the Sims 2 lets you to take your Sims outside where they can engage in fun seasonal activities including snowball fights, playing pool games like Marco Polo, and more. They can frolic in Spring showers, fish in their own ponds, and grow seasonal fruits with unexpected consequences. Whether you build them a small Winter chalet or a Summer cabin, your Sims will enjoy every season - but watch out for unpredictable weather! Available Early 2007.

There was also a word of it on October 17, 2006 in The Sims 2 official website. Apparently it is called, The Sims 2: In Seasons. Seasons has been something that I always wanted in Sims series. This one should be fab.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 05:26:11 am »
The Sims 2: Vacation?

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 01:41:08 pm »
That's what I thought when I started reading what he said, but no, it doesn't sound that similar to Vacation.

I also would like for there to be seasons.

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 03:13:43 pm »
Nah, it can't be Vacation. Maxis already said that even odd numbered expansion packs will contain new features so this one should be something we haven't seen yet.

I'd love to see Vacation to be added to Sims 2 though. It could be the the 6th expansion pack anyway. After all We're already told that EA will release at least seven expansion packs for Sims 2 before Spring 2009 release of Sims 3.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 03:27:34 pm »
Vacation was the EP I liked the least. :-\

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2006, 03:45:05 pm »
Really? Why?

Well as for me, I didn't like it that much but it was kindda new in gaming experience for me to actually take a family that I've created to vacation, to hotels and all that. The idea of mini-games were not quite appealing really and the game had this sloppy performance on Windows XP where it would take to switch between neighborhoods. But the actual Hotel idea was fab and probably what really kept me messing with this game. I spent most of my time in Sims: Vacation building hotels actually ;D

Anyway, I'm sure if they're to use this idea in Sims 2, they'll deffintly re-design it or polish it (if I'm using the right phrase), just like they did for Pets. In fact... I dunno... Maybe this Sims 2: In Seasons is going to have some Vacation elements after all. We'll see!

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2006, 03:52:04 pm »
Well, I guess it was mostly because I didn't get to do much most of the time because they were constantly in a bad mood and their motives were always slow to fill...

Offline Sylvos

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2006, 03:54:19 pm »
Yeah, that's very true. :-\

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2006, 03:59:03 pm »
But my favorite was definitely Making Magic. Did you try that one?