Author Topic: The Sims 2-3-4 (including expansions)  (Read 53852 times)

gec05

The Sims 2-3-4 (including expansions)
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:31:38 am »
The expansion pack was finally announced today on the official website.

Check it out!

They're also porting this to the Gamecube, PS2, PSP, DS, and Advance. Anyone else looking forward to this?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:05:51 am by LadyM »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Sims 2: Pets
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:39:16 am »
Heh... I am burnt out on The Sims from the first game...

But I still play these anyway!

I think I have a problem.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 12:09:13 pm »
The expansion pack was finally announced today on the official website.

Check it out!

They're also porting this to the Gamecube, PS2, PSP, DS, and Advance. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Damn, it's about freaking time!
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 12:32:59 pm »
Ehhh...I'm kind of worried about it. It looks so much like unleashed (from TS1), which amused me for a mere 2 weeks before I found it dreadfully boring. It looks like it has potential, though. I'm just upset because, a while back, they said that pets would be part of an expansion, not a whole one to itself. Maybe pets was too big to add anything to it, I don't know. I'm still kind of iffy on whether or not I'm going to buy it. I'm going to have to keep an eye on what they release about the game. Who knows? It could turn out amazing. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic today  :P
This Post Has Been Officially Sealed By:
The mighty, the magestic, the great, the powerful, the awesome, the strange, the chosen one, the terrific, the outstanding, the joyful, the interesting, the faux egotist, the one and only CC

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 12:51:22 pm »
Ehhh...I'm kind of worried about it. It looks so much like unleashed (from TS1), which amused me for a mere 2 weeks before I found it dreadfully boring. It looks like it has potential, though. I'm just upset because, a while back, they said that pets would be part of an expansion, not a whole one to itself. Maybe pets was too big to add anything to it, I don't know. I'm still kind of iffy on whether or not I'm going to buy it. I'm going to have to keep an eye on what they release about the game. Who knows? It could turn out amazing. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic today  :P

Oh, c'mon, like you aren't an expansion-buying-crazy-person like the rest of us?

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 12:58:25 pm »
My pets always died in the last one...

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:10:56 pm »
I never really got how to train them.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:12:26 pm »

Hitting "Teach" usually worked.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 01:23:11 pm »

Hitting "Teach" usually worked.

I did, but they didn't want to train most of the time.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 02:04:42 pm »
We're all suckers for Sims expansion packs. I think this is the one we've all been waiting for though.

Did anyone else really like Makin' Magic? I was skeptical at first, but that was probably my favorite one from the original game. I really hope they make a remake of it!

Offline Mjavabean

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Mjavabean's homepage
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 02:06:45 pm »
If there's a thread every time a new Sims expansion is made, the website would crash.

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 06:24:51 pm »
Did anyone else really like Makin' Magic? I was skeptical at first, but that was probably my favorite one from the original game. I really hope they make a remake of it!

I adored Makin' Magic. It was probably my favorite, save vacation. Though, I have a feeling that Makin' Magic would have been my absolute favorite if Vacation had not been my first ever expansion. ::)

Oh, c'mon, like you aren't an expansion-buying-crazy-person like the rest of us?

Haha, I am. But I never bought OFB, frankly it didn't appeal to me, and I'm not a huge fan of the fun stuff packs. That's why I am hoping that Pets will be better than Unleashed was.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:26:40 pm by CandyCane1084 »
The mighty, the magestic, the great, the powerful, the awesome, the strange, the chosen one, the terrific, the outstanding, the joyful, the interesting, the faux egotist, the one and only CC

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 06:36:37 pm »
I intend to get it.  I need all the bug fixes that OFB offered, and I think controlling pets would be fun.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 03:43:17 am »
It was probably my favorite, save vacation.

Really? IMO Vacation was the most useless one. by the end of a vacation most of my sims' bars were always in the red. once i made a guy play in the arcade for tickets for a day and night, which caused him to pee himself, get unbearably uncomfortable and nearly starve to death. i also missed the check-out time so i had to pay for another night, all so i could win a little skull to put on the trophy cabinet. So i win the damn skull, go home only to find that the skull is no longer in my freakin' inventory! Hot Date was my favorite, followed by Makin Magic.

Offline CandyCane1084

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The quack says duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 08:07:37 pm »
I just liked vacation because it gave you the opportunity to take your sims out of the house and go on vacation, which is personally my favorite part of life itself  ;D. I wasn't allowed to buy Hot Date, so I never played it. I'm sure that, if I had been able to buy it, it would have been my all time favorite. Makin' Magic was one of my favorites as well. Looking back on it now, I think that I would not enjoy vacation as much as I did before. I can't remember why I loved it so much; there was just something about it...probably the fact that you could take your sims away from the daily routine of home life.

My personal opinion is that Maxis could really make an amazing TS2 version of Vacation. Maybe one day they will.