Author Topic: Wait! Before you post in yet another RP thread, check out the Sulitauns!  (Read 8275 times)

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
WARNING! VERY BAD PICTURES ARE ALL THAT WILL FANCY YOUR EYEBALLS!

Biology
The Sulituan is a sapient vertebrate in the Space Age. They have an average lifespan of 110 years, and reach sexual maturity at 25. They live on the desolate planet Torrrn, where the soil is so bad only a few plants can live. This is why they have evolved a special lure shaped like a plant to ambush their prey. They dig into the ground using retractable digging organs, and then rebury themselves with only the luere sticking out. When prey gets close, a barb sticks out from the flalse plant and injects a neurotxin. Then they drag the prey down into the sands with their two fingered "claws". The claws bring food into the mandible(Not shown, just looks like ant jaws), hidden deep within the shell along with most of it's body. Despite lacking eyes, the Sulituans have a very advanced linquitics system.  It consists of tapping, pounding, and making various different vibrations with their shell. The Sulituans can pick up these and any other vibrations(Used long ago to sense prey above) with a special sensor organ that pokes out under the middle claw. Their shell itself is very strong, and very important. If a Sulituan goes without it's shell for more than a few minutes, it will dry out. Their foot is typical gastropod affair. However, it is retractable into the body to make room for the digging organs. They breath through holes in their tentacles and foot.

Culture
The Sulituans are very mysterious about their ways to other races. They are not religous, but deeply spiritual. They believe that their planet is alive, and we are here pets. She is dying because of assualts by her fellow planets. This means that no other psecies are allowed to alnd on her soil, and if a Saulituan lands on another planet, they may not touch the actual ground of it, for once they do, they must devote the rest of their life to harming that planet, thought that has yet to happen. When a Sulituan reaches sexual maturity they tell him all the secrets of the planet, and give him a sacred mark on his shell(The first picture has one). In the modern day they live in arpartment rings around the central city. Each apartment ring is a single connected, flat ring of buildings. There are many seperate rings in a city, the innermost being the most expensive. In tribal days, they lived in the massive shells of Crustwalkers(I'll draw a picture of one later.).

More coming soon...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:16:51 pm by Malt »

DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline gutwrencher89

• Star Castle Cadet
  • NO!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mysterious Sulituan
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 09:50:22 am »
I thought the thread said, "The Mysterious Situation".  Cool, original idea though.  I'd maybe like to see more about their pre-civilization stage.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:18:48 am »

1: Single celled protozoa with flagella
2: Slug like animal with tentacles, a small blue bump one the head that can detect some vibration, green patch of skin on back.
3:  Developing shell, very sensitive vibration detector, green skin forced upward through shell. Tentacles now have weak claws
4: Green skin evolves into imitation plant, digging organ evolved, bigger shells, vibration detector moved towards mouth, tentacles have full blown claws.
5: Final stage.  Complete shell, extremely realistic plant, claws turned to finger/claw hybrids, mandible evolved instead of absorbing food.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 10:57:37 am by Malt »

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:54:38 am »

An elder teaching a child to kill a Mineral Slider

(WHYYYY DOES PHOTOBUCKET MAKE MY PICTURES SMALL! GRRRAAHHGGHH!!!)

In their tribal days, the Saulituans were at war with the sea. Yup. They believed that the sea was there because all the creatures in it were making the planet cry. So they waged war on it,  eventually wiped out all species of fish, and nearly all of everything else. Notice the Crustwalker shell hut in the background, the crustwalkers walk the plantless frounds endlessly, eating the minerals on with their huge gaping maw that sucks in huge amounts of ground. Their brain is actually distrubuted between their 2 feet, so they are shelled. (I'll draw one later...again.)

The elder has a huge shell, because their shells develop there whole life. THe back of his shell is actually chiseled open to allow his foot to escape. Their only role now is to teach.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 10:58:13 am by Malt »

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:56:49 am »
I have a bizzare urge to pour salt on them...

haha, seriously though, not bad Dairy based frozen snack liquid American. Keep em commin :)

Edited for political correctness ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:14:55 am by TheNecromonicon »

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:04:32 am »
I have a bizzare urge to pour salt on them...

haha, seriously though, not bad Milkshake. Keep em commin :)

I resent being called Milkshake. Please use the politically correct "Dairy based frozen snack liquid American".

Also, any constructive criticism is welcome.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:06:50 am by Malt »

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:44:50 am »

1: The Visceral Mass
2: Digging organ
3: Foot
4: Da shell
5: Plant stem, filled with poison from the...
6: Poison sac
7: Tentacle
8: Claw
9: Lung
10: Unnamed, nonimportant organs. Aka, I got lazy
11: Purple reproductive thinger. (Sulitauns are can be either gender when mating time comes.)
Purpley blue thing I forgot to number: Vibration sensing organ

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
Another race that nobody likes. Meh, oh well.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
When I say this it means I like it.

I MUST EAT IT!!!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
When I say this it means I like it.

I MUST EAT IT!!!

They're actually quite bitter. And I think they could eat an Omic whole.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Malt, anything exept an Omic could eat an Omic whole. :p
No way dude, you're trolling me.

TheNecromonicon

Malt, anything exept an Omic could eat an Omic whole. :p

Except mosquitos.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
    • View Profile
Just clearing up some nonexistant non-issue issues.

On the left is Happy Harry, a completely average human of 6ft in height. On the right is a Sulituan. They are tiny and not 6 ft. in height.

This is Torrrn(It's just called Torrrn now.). As you can see by the very much of gray, it's pretty crappy.

1: Sulituan. The largest continent. One big desert, though not very hot, just dry aand windy. Where the Sulituans originally came from. The deep blue sea around it is freffered to as the clean zone. It is the area of water de-mineralized so far by the Sulituans.
2: Slenwerg. A continent made up of nothing but ice, so essentually an iceberg that got so big, it touched the sea floor and got stuck. Not much can live here. Infact, there are only 2 species. The Shagapillers and the Catacomb Mites. (More on those later, when I feel like drawing more).
3: The Salt Flats. Yes, the number isn't on there, but it's the white place. The one place where Sulituans can't go, for obvious reasons.
4: Krrrghef. The whole continent is below sea level, and therefore you can't escape the wet. On it's shores sea animals soak up rays nad in the main"land" smaller amphibians fight against huge insects. A very popular vacation getaway spot.
5:  Tar(Translation Left). A desolate place similar to the mainland, but with a huge crater in it's center. Said to be an assault from one of the other planets against Torrrn's left eye.
6: Ler(Translation right). One of the few places left that is anything close to fertile. Though it isn't exactly lush compared to other planets it does have some sparse forests and shrubbery.
7: Nageru. A volcanic island full of lava and pain.
8: Ik(Translation Death). Scientists have yet to figure out how this place became blackened and dead. But they do know that it's.....blackened and dead.

TheNecromonicon

Hahahahaha... not 6 feet. I love it hahaha

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
indeed, good show old bean(does anybody other than us dumb americans say that)
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.