Author Topic: DS Rpgs?  (Read 3466 times)

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
DS Rpgs?
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:57:57 am »
Hey, are there any good rpg's I could buy for my DS, I already have the RPG like castlevania game and I dont want Lost Magic. 

Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: DS Rpgs?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:37:51 pm »
Hey, are there any good rpg's I could buy for my DS, I already have the RPG like castlevania game and I dont want Lost Magic.

There are some on their way, but nothing concrete right now, IMO. Contact is looking good, Magical Starsign is on its way, and there are two badass Fire Emblem GBA games worth owning.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:25:43 pm »
I've heard that Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is a good RPG. I've been intending to give it a whirl, but as I just got my DS a couple months ago I've been distracted by other games so far.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 02:18:51 am »
I've heard that Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is a good RPG. I've been intending to give it a whirl, but as I just got my DS a couple months ago I've been distracted by other games so far.

Holy ... I completely forgot about M&L: PiT. That is a great game. Not as good as Superstar Saga but still definitely worth owning.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 04:45:52 am »
I've been playing Final Fantasy III on my DS.  It's a GBA cart and pretty old school but, fun  none the less.

Also, don't miss Pilot4life's upcoming DSRPG post (link below).  Those are looking good.
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5950.0

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:53:04 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy I & II (also GBA). You should definetly get it (they're both on one cartridge)

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 07:53:56 am »
Yeah, thanks for the ideas.
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 08:44:04 pm »
What?

Offline FoxSpirit

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 07:51:45 pm »
Well, the games I look forward to the most are Final Fantasy III (there is NO FF III on the GBA) and Magical Starsign.
Also interesting is Rune Factory, which is an Harvest Moon offspin with fighting, but also framing. And capturing the fearsome beasts off the dungeon the be employed on the fields. Pull that plow, Behemoth!!  ;D
And, you, Bahamut, fry Natsume if they screw this up majorly... because it features voice acting. Heaven help us with a game whose  grandfather had the honour of having the publishers name being misspelled TWICE in-game... Natusme  :D
Tales of the Tempest is still super early so you just have to wait.

Oh, and the super ominous Egg Monster Hero which IS slated for a stateside release.

"Thank you for your Kupo-peration."

And that's all for my DS RPG outlook, I have glanced over stuff like the Xenosaga re-release because it looks bland and can never match up to Xenogears.

Okay, all replies and questions welcome, cya  :)

P.S.: Non-DS Yggdra Union GBA looks awesome. Take a look.
Cellphone ringtones, the Chinese water-torture of our time.