Author Topic: Multipods?  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Super Sporeman

• Galaxian Guru
  • Warning: Pill may be capable of decapatation...
    • View Profile
    • The Insporation!
Multipods?
« on: July 26, 2006, 06:11:59 pm »
  Do you think spore would let your creature could stand on all fours, sixes etc. but also stand on hind legs like a bear or use its front legs to attack? ???

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
Re: Multipods?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 06:13:15 pm »
yes
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Super Sporeman

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • The Insporation!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:17:03 pm »
Explain why :P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:07:28 am by Super Sporeman »

Offline Zellman

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »
I have wondered the same thing.  I think that being able to stand on ones back leg(s) or on both back and front would be complicated but add interesting verbs to the game.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 03:44:43 am »
  Do you think spore would let your creature could stand on all fours, sixes etc. but also stand on hind legs like a bear or use its front legs to attack? ???

I think that's pretty much implied for four legged creatures where the weapons (read claws) are on the feet.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 09:15:18 am »
Though has it been confirmed there are 'attack-feet' yet? I recall a video where someone wade a creature that looked like it should be walking on four legs (the two front arms practically touched the floor, and the entire body would be off-balance without 4-legged movement), and yet it remained in a stiff position with its two front attack arms as 'arms' rather than walk in the more obvious manner. Urgh, badly written. I cant seem to find a link to that video any more, i'll post it if I find it.

I think I also recall in the recent E3 videos, when clicking the 'test attack' button on the beaky creature, one of the attack animations looked 'off'. The right foot slid forward as if attempting to kick, and the rest of the body didnt seem to do much else. Im not sure where this leaves us, but I dont think with the versions we've seen in action, that creatures will be able to switch between quadrupedal movement and bipedal 'attack mode'. Thats in appearance only though, we'll see.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 09:29:31 am »
Good point. I hope they do implement them.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 09:42:00 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpM1CsO0S0I&search=spore
There we go. Its not quite quad-movement and bi-attack in the second creature, but by attaching attack-parts to the two longer front arms, the creature remained stooped over rather than walking with its hands. Although when the arms were altered to be 'cocked' and shorter, the main body arced downwards to alter the balance (which is a good sign for people getting creative), but the hands phased through the floor a good few times, which... I dunno... little game flaw. Still a long way off yet though.

Offline Super Sporeman

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • The Insporation!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 03:22:34 pm »
i maen like a tiger pouncing on its prey or a bear walking on all fours, then standing up on hind legs and attacking ::)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 11:14:11 pm »
I was looking for the proper scientific term for the way a bear's locomotion functions and I found this:

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artjun00/mmbearp.html

Very off topic, but very spore like. Microscopic octopods. Hurray science!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 01:32:52 am by Slartibartfast »

Offline Super Sporeman

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • The Insporation!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 01:53:20 pm »
I think the pics were both vuage and gross and i am to lazy to read all of it :P