Author Topic: My Creature: the Drionek  (Read 2965 times)

Offline GhostZ3R0

• Breakout Battler
  • Drionek -- Rawr!
    • View Profile
My Creature: the Drionek
« on: July 26, 2006, 05:50:29 pm »
DRIONEK
(special thx 2 nuclearchinchila)

(special thx 2 operaghost21)

The Drionek is an amphibian race with a funny evolution story:

When this creature arrived at the oceans of his homeplanet it was a simple ball with 2 fins, 1 eye, & what appeared to be a tail but a very very short one, by this time it was the size of an earthling rat, eating mostly seaweed it continued evolution.
The next big morph was when the first carnivores appeared on the seas, it grew in size to that of a cat, still round as a ball, the fins now had arms but not to long, the tail became an extra arm with another fin, in the side fins they grew 2 small pointy bones.

They lived in peace defending themself from carnivores for a long time, until the unexpected happened, a mayor underwater volcanic eruption was making the underwater land to rise up in small chunks (the soil is very strange in that planet :P) the seas became dark, real dark, exept for a few areas (the carnivores lurked there) so they developed a second eye, thatcould see in the most dark areas.
the small bones became theá V shaped dorsa fins, they allowed it to make some swift aquabatic maneuvers.

when the last of the eruption stop ed, the gas made all the water toxic, this made some races evolve so fast, that they had some defects/weirdness
(the ones that could evolve fast beamed extint)
for our fellow the Drionek, its side & back fins became short legs, making it have 3 legs (the defect), as a counter to this 3 legedness, the back leg became flexible, eneabling it to go all the way to the front side of the creature, & allowing it to gallop (sorta), the dorsal fins never disappeard becouse of the rushing evolution.

by this time our friend was a herbivore, eating bushes & small berrys.
herbivore life was at an all time high, the planet becamed super populated, but then the catastrphie continnued, a distant star went nova, making a super wave of heat, making all the toxic water boil & rain down killing most of the flora....

...the Drionek then was small compared to other creatures so it developed the big jaws it has (he was still round) & worked in groups to capture/kill/eat prey, with time there legs became tripple jointed, exept the back one, it was now more used for balance that for walking.

to be continued.....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 06:06:23 pm by GhostZ3R0 »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My Creature: the Drionek
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 05:58:17 pm »
yay..about time this came in,glad to Finnaly see it
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 07:34:33 pm »
sweet, the evolution of a ball!

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 10:38:39 pm »
I can just imagine seeing a fin rising up from the water, slowly circling your boat, and then up from the water comes....A BALL!!
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 11:16:13 am »
Looks like an intersting creature :), are you going to show us an evolution graph?

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline GhostZ3R0

• Breakout Battler
  • Drionek -- Rawr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 02:23:45 pm »
eventualy

EDIT:

i did some paintshoping (cant afford adobe xD) & it came out pretty good, still working on it

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:42:45 pm by GhostZ3R0 »

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 02:21:56 pm »
The green looks better on it then the blue

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0