See the title

Yes
7 (24.1%)
No
12 (41.4%)
Maybe
10 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Do you think Microsoft will release a hand held?  (Read 7544 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think Microsoft will release a hand held?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 09:54:29 pm »
Although stranger things have happened.

:)

Yeah, but Microsoft isn't stupid. They're not going to release a handheld into the market when its thoroughly owned by Nintendo. At least not now. Timing is likely one of the most important things about any new hardware release, so I'd expect them to bring it out years from now if ever.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 09:59:15 pm »
So then the question is... do we think this mythical Microsoft Handheld would be able to win against a next gen Nintendo Handheld?

Personally, I think that if Nintendo does things the way they always have then they should be fine. I would assume that Microsoft would take a lesson from Sony and come up with some good games instead of ports of their Console games.

Although by that point Nintendo may have blazed their own trail in Handheld gaming as well and would not be in direct competition with a Microsoft handheld... although considering Nintendo's stance in the Handheld market... their new trail would become the status quo...

Did you understand that?

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 02:34:10 pm »
So then the question is... do we think this mythical Microsoft Handheld would be able to win against a next gen Nintendo Handheld?

Personally, I think that if Nintendo does things the way they always have then they should be fine. I would assume that Microsoft would take a lesson from Sony and come up with some good games instead of ports of their Console games.

Although by that point Nintendo may have blazed their own trail in Handheld gaming as well and would not be in direct competition with a Microsoft handheld... although considering Nintendo's stance in the Handheld market... their new trail would become the status quo...

Did you understand that?

Vaguely. Do I think Microsoft could beat Nintendo in the handheld market? I've honestly no idea. It depends on what their handheld can do, how pricey it is, and whether they've learned more from Nintendo in handling the market as opposed to doing what Sony did. I think they could hold their own. Whether they'd win though? I'd be surprised if they could.

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 07:20:57 am »
i voted yes... they will probably release a handheld system eventually...

it will then crash and burn much like the psp did...

nintendo shall rule the world of handhelds for a very long time..
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 10:26:20 am »
There's no way Microsoft WON'T release a handheld at some point. Whether it's successful or not the future will tell, but it's a huge market and Microsoft certainly will want to take their swing and see if gamers come around.
Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 11:27:21 am »
There's no way Microsoft WON'T release a handheld at some point. Whether it's successful or not the future will tell, but it's a huge market and Microsoft certainly will want to take their swing and see if gamers come around.

Quite honestly though, I think if the 360 ends up losing significantly this generation, Microsoft won't give it another try. And I couldn't see them getting into handhelds if they leave the console space.