Author Topic: Going back to the start  (Read 15529 times)

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
Going back to the start
« on: March 18, 2005, 07:41:20 am »
I was wondering if after you created your dominant species and got them running if you could go to a different planet or maybe just on your original planet and shrink back down to a celluar level. Start work on a new creature from the very begining while your old ones go about doing what they will. This way you could be several of your own special creatures and have them interact with each other, wether it's peaceful or you just want to see if your original creature can fend off a planetary threate  :D

-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
Re: Going back to the start
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 07:55:33 am »
I can't imagine that NOT being a feature.
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 08:03:29 am »
I don't know they might make you start a new world or something, never know...
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 09:32:15 am »
I can't imagine that NOT being a feature.

I concur, after all you can download other people's creations into your game so in a worst case scenario you could upload your own creation, start again and then download your original creation into your new world. However I seriously doubt they will take that route instead you will most likely be able to just add multiple creations into one game, either onto other planets or hopefully onto the same planet to see how they react.

Offline craigp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Perkwiki
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 09:37:11 am »
Considering that each planet is 'labeled' with the race that inhabits it...

-Craig

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 02:37:39 pm »
I don't know about that one.
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Fishysquisher

• Atari Combat Vet
  • WHAT HAPPEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 04:06:53 pm »
I imagine it would be like the sims, where everyone shares the same galactic "neighborhood"
TBA

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 10:25:05 pm »
I imagine it would be like the sims, where everyone shares the same galactic "neighborhood"

Possible however if the computer takesover your first creation once you start a second creation and your original creation is really advanced wouldn't there be a risk of them coming to attack you before you could advance enough to defend yourself?

Maybe computer controlled creations don't explore.

One option would be to have a master game and a seperate game for each of your creations and you just upload all the finished ones into your master game and see how they interact.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 01:46:51 am »
I would think they must explore, all that work to make a realistic physics engine and the AI not even use it?:P

Plus in the demo he first viewed the city and the tanks rolled out... now that could have been staged for the demo but like the game simant they did their own thing the whole game, so I would assume they explore.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 02:58:15 am »
I wonder or when you start a new game or it will be placed in the same galaxy. Room aplenty for sure, but will your old civilization be AI controlled then?

Would be cool on one side and strange on the other.

Also would like to be able to build say three races put them in an area and watch while the AI fights for supremacy. Would be fun which creation turns out to be the strongest.

Hmmm maybe they'll even do contests? Although it might be to random, if some designs are clearly better then others then soon many players will only use that design. So maybe the design is more for fun (which is fine by me!) and not really a big thing in calculating the outcome in conflicts?
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 06:02:01 am »
I think all your creations are AI-controlled. You just put input everyonce in awhile. Think of The Sims if you want you can make a household furnish it and let it run all by itself and your sims will do just fine with a few exceptions like buying stuff. The only reason it seems like you are controling your household of sims is because you usually take over directly and override everything they do before they've even done it. Now I'm thinking the AI is going to be advanced enough in this game to learn from the directions you are giving it and try to duplicate those to the best of it's ability thus creating their culture. The only thing we have over the comuter is our imagination.

Offline kolpo

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 01:49:35 pm »
I found this quote in someone his spore notes:
"Once you get to the top you can surf vertically down into the other games, that you've learned to use on the way up."
source: http://www.donhopkins.com/home/WillWrightSporeDemo.html

So if that person understood correctly can you indeed go back to the bacteria stage.

Offline Tarious

• Adventure Ace
  • FINISH HIM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 01:57:38 pm »
you bumped up an old post.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 10:59:32 pm »
What's your point Tarious?

Kolpo, I still don't trust Don Hopkins notes that much, particulary the part about the T-style gameplay. No one else mentions that.

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 11:03:48 pm »
It's a possibility but I'd still like to know how it will work.

How can you choose not to evolve to a city state from a tibe in a clump of huts?
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++