Author Topic: Fight Club  (Read 7189 times)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Club
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 07:28:10 pm »
The movie and book are both crap. Its popularity only gives me the sense that I live in some twisted universe where people eat crap like this and call it a delicious german chocolate cake. I lump it in the same cart as books (and sometimes movies) like Eragon, the Shannara series, the god awful Bridge to Terabithia, or the movie and "graphic novel" (A.K.A pretentious comic book) known as "300". I even lump them with entertainment products from other sectors, like every MMO to exist ever, or the music that permeates the air like the aroma of rotten eggs. I dont have enough negative adjectives to describe whats wrong with it or any of these other products, and none that would make anyone care.

[/endbirthofasupervillain]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 07:30:02 pm by Mr. Wizard »

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2007, 07:33:14 pm »
Your right, we probably dont care!  :D
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 10:33:05 pm »
Good movie. The ideas weren't exactly groundbreaking, and the too cool quasi-Tarantino dialogs wore on me after a while, but it is coming to the theater in town (big pink art-deco monstrosity called the Fremont) and I am going to see it.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2007, 12:24:27 am »
The movies pretty old and its just coming too Theatres? Or is this kinda like a Retro type Theatre?
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 11:15:31 am »
Durgon, use spoiler tags, thanks.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 07:29:27 pm »
The movies pretty old and its just coming too Theatres? Or is this kinda like a Retro type Theatre?

It's retro, but they do this "Fremont Classics" series of films. Jaws, the Goonies, Blade Runner, Casablanca. They play real movies too, though.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.