Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 208502 times)

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1890 on: August 05, 2017, 10:06:48 am »
The first time I dreamt of my father after his death I said in the dream "And it's great that even father is here, although he is dead!" In the dream he was alive but I knew he was supposed to be dead. Nowadays when I dream of him I sometimes dream that he has just been hiding all this time. Or that he was in a hospital or in a coma or was even supposed to be dead, but suddenly doctors started seeing signs of life.

Dreaming is nice, though. It makes me forget my ****ty life.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1891 on: August 06, 2017, 12:05:49 am »
GD, if you don't mind me asking, but when did your dad die?

Sorry if you said before on the forum. I don't read all that much of it anymore.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 06, 2017, 01:44:42 am »
Two years ago.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1893 on: August 06, 2017, 09:14:39 am »
I am so sorry. :(

Dose it get any easier after 2 years? I will be coming up to 4 months soon and while I don't cry nearly as much as i did in the first few months I still do. I just wonder if that still happens after 2 years.

I know everyone is different in mourning too. It just really sucks to have to go through this now. I though i would have at least a decade or more with her. I am sure you felt the same about your dad since you are younger than I.

Again I am SO sorry and you only know how it is when you loose a parent yourself. No amount of preparation can prepare you for loosing a parent.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 07, 2017, 08:12:10 am »
I bet it would be sad if my mother died. My father was kind of a ****, so I didn't mourn him much. After he died I was on the train on my way back home. I closed my eyes and had a short dream that he woke up after all. Then I cried a little because I realised I wanted him to live. But I hardly cried after that. His lungs were destroyed, so even if he had survived, it wouldn't have been a good life. When he was in the hospital he could hardly breathe and he was terrified and in pain. No need to prolong his misery.

He was 62 and he had been retired due to health reasons for my entire life. For about ten years he was an alcoholic. After he sobered up, he always yelled at me.

There was really no purpose to his life anymore. The last time I saw him before he went into the hospital, he already had trouble breathing and there was hardly any life in his eyes. When he was in the hospital he was so scared he hardly looked like himself.

It was his time.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1895 on: August 07, 2017, 09:04:23 am »
Ah I see. My dad's mom was a mean woman, so while my dad did cry when she died it was a big weight off his shoulders since he was no longer mentally/emotionally abused by her mean ways.

In contrast my mom always put others first and tired to be the best mom she could to my sister and I. She was also 62 when she died.

And yeah it would have been a long hard road for my mom to recover. Possibly a dialysis machine for the rest of her life. And probably a tracheotomy. But she was just too weak to even get to that.

My dad tries to comfort me that while she was in the hospital that the meds took away the pain she had for years and now she has no more pain.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope your mom lives a long time, since it sounds like she is the nice one.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: August 08, 2017, 12:48:59 pm »
I have had dreams where my grandfather was alive and it really feels like he is alive. He was a good grandfather, so when wake up I start to miss him. But at least is all happy though. He died quietly.

It was worse with my grandmother. She was a lot in the hospital for the last part of her life. Often sick. We found out toward the end that she had cancer. But she passed away it was not as much of a shock as she had been sick for so long. I miss her too.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: August 13, 2017, 10:46:28 pm »
Had a dream where I was at this impossibly huge skyscraper for a new job.  Pretty sure the business had the whole building.  Lots of physics defying elevator rides.  I was one of a group of new interns/hires.  The the position quickly went bad, as to prove our ruthlessness at business, we were told to "get rid" of one of our fellow new hires.  I balked, some of the other hires did as well, but not all.  We didn't do anything to our fellow new hire but tried to fake our way out of it.  There was an interview with an evil middle aged business guy straight from central casting, telling us that we were supposed to have a law degree for this job and none of us had any business being there.  No idea what the actual job was supposed to be.  Devolved into sneaking around in the fancy impossible elevators.  Had a followup dream of having coffee/lunch with the other hire we were supposed to get rid of, turns out she was fine.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: August 14, 2017, 03:23:38 am »
No way that dream is symbolic of anything at all...

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: August 14, 2017, 09:39:51 am »
Nah it's fine. Everything's fine.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: August 14, 2017, 11:49:54 am »
burningdoggo.jpg
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: August 14, 2017, 08:45:35 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO4QIZBKdow" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO4QIZBKdow</a>

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 23, 2017, 05:19:04 am »
I was wandering around a warehouse/geeky store and getting more and more irritated at the place.  Just as I was about to leave someone said that I should check out the arcade.  As I got into the center of the arcade it turned out to be a surprise birthday party with tons of friends including some from out of state, and the arcade games all looked incredible.  And then I immediately woke up because I had fallen asleep with the light still on.

When I went back to sleep I went around sneaking into various fancy dinner parties.  There were some famous people at some of them, but the only one I can remember was Al Sharpton.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 10, 2017, 11:38:10 am »
Last night I dreamt that I spoke with my dad. I told him that we all thought he were going to die but I'm so glad he's still alive.

Weird. It seemed so obvious in the dream that of course you're still alive, it was a mistake to think you had died.