Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 205280 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1755 on: April 07, 2015, 03:41:43 pm »
Yeah that's creepy.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 07, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »
Meanwhile, I had a dream that all my jeans shrunk in the dryer and I had to go buy new jeans.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1757 on: April 28, 2015, 05:31:21 pm »
I had another dream that fit into a nice narrative.

I was some kind of soldier, and with my squad parachuted into a Central American town. There were heavy black clouds everywhere, and we were jumping at night anyway. Before we hit ground I noticed my squadmates seemed to disappear and streams of black smoke were flying in circles around us. I was the only one to land on the roof of a large building. This was when I learned I was some kind of paranormal soldier. When I focused on each stream of black smoke and starting muttering some nonsense words there was a flash of white light and they turned back into my squadmates who had good enough reflexes to open their chutes. They had been temporarily possessed.

When a few more of us were on the roof we broke down the door and went into the top floor. It was dark and our lights seemed dimmer than they should have been. There were sounds coming from almost every neighboring room but we got in a circle facing outwards and started chanting, never lowering our guns. The guns wouldn't do us much good if all of them attacked at once, I knew. The chanting was the most important part because it also lifted the curse that caused the darkness, and the lights came on. We did this room by room, never coming face to face with any of the creatures. Neither I nor anyone else was really scared through all this. We were professionals. Eventually we secured the big building in the center of town and got reinforcements. We set up spotlights everywhere.

Most of the buildings in town were little two-room houses. They had a bathroom and a bigger room that had everything else. Each one was cleared out by pairs of soldiers. The windows and doors were broken down and spotlights shone in, then soldiers entered and checked closets, under piles of clothes, etc. for the creatures. The chanting never stopped unless we were out in an open and lit area. Of course the bathroom in the back was the hardest part because it had no windows.

I remember two names. One was either Ji or Ij and he was the one nobody liked. He bought all his own fancy equipment and he was a killstealer. We got points for kills and he tended to cheat. Zi or Zion was another good soldier, and that might have been my name, I'm not sure.

At one point I had cleared out the main room of a house and there was obviously something or things in the bathroom. I opened the door and immediately ran outside, which was good because in the bathroom were some of the larger ones. There were two about seven foot, hairless, muscular, humanoids with smooth grey skin that came running out. Just outside the door they were stunned by spotlights and gunned down by automatic turrets. Since they were Ji's turrets, of course he got all the points. I considered complaining to my commander (who looked like my mom) about this, but decided I really don't care about the points that much.

While clearing another house with Ji, the room was clear and the bathroom door was a bit open. The sun was rising at this point and the angle was such that the light went in the front door, through the house, and lit the bathroom door. There was something moving on the other side but it didn't seem to be reacting to the light through the crack. I threw open the door and there was a normal human man standing there. I think he was brushing his teeth. I took him to the commander who, even though he swore he was human, was suspicious of him. It was pretty odd that he wasn't dead.

And that's when I woke up.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 28, 2015, 08:29:12 pm »
Points?  Was it a videogame?

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 29, 2015, 08:08:36 am »
here was a dream i typed out on my phone some nights ago. it doesn't make any sense though

protect USB from reese... say no. oh. take out. be crazy. dive off kelp cut grass.

large toy sword, crescent, scimitar extreme. guy had a huge one, but it was unsafe and taken down, so he ordered a toy one and he felt he never got a real one again, told like a fairy tale.

nikki and friend. large cake knife. why is it so long? halfway length of the room.

i sleep out of the closet on the floor. she cleans.

i will get a makeover! (but i just ate oatmeal?) father continues his cereal.

road almost hit by a motorist. why can't i brake?

goat cat grass feed, regrow never.

building in two halves, with the top being craned in from above a maountainside. it's liquefying, it's liquefying!

a friend, the stableboy, who refuses to talk as friends when working or during work hours. fetch me a 25 gallon barrel of horse oil from the stableman.

i would like horse oil.

i had two coins and a bill and a smaller coin, but he only takes the two coins.

thanks, people always think you get the other barrels of this oil when you come here, but these are smaller barrels. it's a small can actually.

boy apprentice instrument engineer.

boy boy not interested.

boy boy boy who would want to join you guys? not me!

girl move or we'll run you over!

boy boy boy do it! you are disgusting!

dishonest? who am i being dishonest to?

yes, since you lied just then. you're being dishonest with everyone.

how do you know i lied?

you stole that apple.

no, i took an apple.

it wasn't yours to take.

it's mine now, see? she bites into the apple.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:13:01 am by PikMini »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 29, 2015, 03:51:52 pm »
The Apple represents that you should eat real food.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1761 on: April 29, 2015, 04:17:54 pm »
Points?  Was it a videogame?

No, but often videogame related concepts creep into my subconscious.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 04, 2015, 08:10:52 am »
Started off normal, as dreams go. Was driving with my friend Daniel around a city, and lots of things were from Worm, an online serial about superheroes. We were also discussing Worm. We were reached about an animation that I think was ripped off of ancient babylonian sculptry? I'm not sure, but she made references about it being "a bitch to work with bas relief" and other such things. She sent us the file, an we watched it. It was the only thing I could see, in the way screens sometimes are in dreams.

A rough play-by-play:

The video is bicolour in white on black, with smudges and tears abounding. A boy's face, looking like an outline of a cartoon from the fifties. He smiles. Jump cut to a close up, his left eye is missing and from it blood streaming down his face. He speaks in a rough, middle-eastern sounding language hard to place, all sound from the video emerging in a horrible, broken, and warbling cadence with prevalent static. There are subtitles, and they say "EVERYTHING IS FIRE. EVERYTHING WILL BURN." The shot jumps to him with two other children. One is a girl with a twisted, warped expression of pure anger. The other boy's face I do not remember, so he was either unremarkable or faceless entirely.

The video made to move, and as if in response I wake up, scared enough that even morning sun was frightening.

Shouldn't have been that scary, but even thinking about it right now is enough to make me nauseous.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 04, 2015, 11:28:00 am »
I need some of whatever you guys are on.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 04, 2015, 11:30:56 am »
If you really want weird dreams just drink a bunch of cough syrup before bed!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 23, 2015, 02:47:07 pm »
I was at the beach with some other people. I dug some trenches with some girl and found a creature, a squid in a snail shell resembling a nautilus. I walked over to the shore with this other kid to put the nautilus somewhere it wouldn’t die since the water was too warm in the isolated pool, and he started crying. Like, bawling his eyes out.

He was sandy-haired but, aside from that, was a very stereotypical looking kid. He said he wanted to die and I said “No you don’t. Come on, you’re upsetting the other beach patrons.” This was a lie- there were perhaps four other people within twenty feet of us, two of them children, but nobody was paying attention. Regardless, he yet bawled. I rubbed his back, my hand slick with seawater. He didn't seem to pay it much mind.

The dream ended to the sound of my blinds smacking against the window due to the wind.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1766 on: August 20, 2015, 09:13:41 am »
It was either the crying kid or the mollusc, dude. You made the right choice.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1767 on: February 08, 2016, 09:05:11 am »
You ever have one of those dreams where your parents aren't divorced and you're all spending time together being happy and normal?

Had one of those last night. And then I had to wake up and be disappointed. :\

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 08, 2016, 11:20:00 am »
nah all my really disappointing dreams have been about having a girlfriend. Luckily I don't remember my dreams about 99% of the time.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1769 on: February 08, 2016, 12:01:36 pm »
I remember all of my dreams. D: