Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 269173 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1710 on: January 03, 2013, 05:04:02 pm »
I thought that thing was a vacuum, Ink?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 03, 2013, 05:15:21 pm »
Close enough.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 04, 2013, 04:56:45 pm »
I had a dream last night about turning into a cat/spider hybrid.

I don't remember much from it now except for the strange, soft feeling of fur growing up my body and legs growing out of my torso and the sneaky thrill of being about to eat someone.

It was... a strange dream, to say the least.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 04, 2013, 08:31:54 pm »
Oh dear.  Looks like Rys is some kind of aracno-furry.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 07, 2013, 03:37:46 pm »
Yesterday I dreamt that one of my molars was being grinded down by my other teeth.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 07, 2013, 03:41:43 pm »
I had one of those teeth-falling-out dreams a week or two ago that most people get from time to time.

My entire upper set of teeth was gradually sliding out of place like a poorly sized implant and I kept pushing it back into my gums.

It was very unpleasant.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 07, 2013, 06:52:43 pm »
Last night I dreamt that I drank a ton of cough syrup, then my latest partner and a friend of mine were there, and so I looked in a mirror, and I had two rings in my eyebrow, and a septum piercing. My face was done up in purple make up, it was pretty. Then I woke up. Just thought I'd share because I really liked the eyebrow piercing from the dream, as it was two rings on one side, crossing each other. :3 That's all.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 07, 2013, 07:41:15 pm »
I was forced to sleep in a small hotel room with my parents and little brother for two weeks. They all snore, the bed was uncomfortable, and I kept having body-horror-type dreams D:

Now I haven't been dreaming at all. Which is annoying because I normally like dreams.  >:(

As an aside, do other people have a sort of overarching world which dreams take place in? I've been having dreams that clearly all take place in the same area, and I love it. I've been trying to make a map recently of all of the locations.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 07, 2013, 08:27:55 pm »
I recently had a reoccurrence of a neighborhood that a lot of my dreams took place in a while ago. I was talking with people and walking around it.

There's a dilapidated mudbrick hut on an overgrown patch of land there, and a school built on sand there.

Weird place, but apart from that, fairly normal.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 08, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »
I had one of those teeth-falling-out dreams a week or two ago that most people get from time to time.

My entire upper set of teeth was gradually sliding out of place like a poorly sized implant and I kept pushing it back into my gums.

It was very unpleasant.
The thing is in my dreams they don't fall out. They are literally crushed to shards by my other pieces. I can feel the splinters of my teeth in my mouth and I can feel the ruined tooth stub with my tongue. And then I wake up and think "Oh man what am I going to do now without teeth?" before i realize that it was a dream.

I have however dreamt of other body parts falling off. ._.
And I am not talking about limbs...
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Brandonazz

• Everything ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 08, 2013, 07:47:43 pm »
As an aside, do other people have a sort of overarching world which dreams take place in? I've been having dreams that clearly all take place in the same area, and I love it. I've been trying to make a map recently of all of the locations.

Many of my dreams have an oddly similar feeling sort of background. I think it's snatches of the house I grew up in and other houses I spent time in when I was very young.

Offline Slinky

• Star Wars Padawan
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 11, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »
I hate the teeth dreams. They usually start with one of my teeth wobbling a little and I think, "Hey, I'm losing a baby tooth." That's when I realize that I stopped losing my baby teeth years ago. I'm not really sure why I think that at first except I was always afraid when I was younger that the new teeth wouldn't grow in. They always did, but...

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 10, 2013, 07:25:31 am »
There were two sides in some sort of espionage related battle, me being on one of them. I had an odd green-brown single-bullet gun. Everyone was either a cyborg or an android. They had ports, in the back of the head I think, that hooked up to what seemed to be oddly contemporary wires. They had a port similar to an oversized USB port, and the wires that connected to them had the FireWire symbols on them. These hooked into large machines that stored data. Otherwise they looked and acted completely human.  They were only "killable" through shots in the head, I suppose their autonomy was stored there. Otherwise shots did not effect them

We battled in an area that was essentially the Harvest map from Team Fortress 2. After our side defeated the others, the "dead", which in this case seemed to mean they had been made non-autonomous, were made to stand up and plugged in a row into the machine. The buffer for this enormous amount of information being some sort of very advanced android with a large memory capacity or somesuch. Information about two other factions which we were lacking were stored in little 250GB or 250TB drives, not sure which, while information related to us was stored in a large purple plastic 1PB drive.

The commanders complained about not having enough space on the smaller drives, so I recommended a partition be made on the larger drive to help store it. I overheard something about the near volcano, which had not existed before now in the manner of a dream, being liable to go off soon. I looked over and there was a volcano straight out of Minecraft, like someone had built a volcano in Minecraft. It was constructed mainly out of the adminium/bedrock material, with blocklike lava dripping down some of it. I woke up after observing this.

Overall pretty neat, actuall. I think I've been playing too many videogames lately, no surprise there, but still a pretty interesting dream that was pretty fun to experience. Seems like a cool story idea.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:34:07 am by RiseWhirled »

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: March 29, 2013, 08:36:11 am »
Night of 3/28/13:
I was at church. I told my friend Zoe that I was feeling depressed, and she offered me one of her antidepressants. Before taking it, I had to attach it to a paperclip which was itself connected to a paperclip wire around my neck.

Then, I walked over to this humungous compound that was just... growing weed, I guess. They had planters all around and there were many fenced off little gardens you had to go through before you got to the main, dilapidated warehouse, which was painted a fading green.  A friend who I did not know and who worked there appeared near me, and we were chased away by a crazy girl who kept picking pu random things from the ground. After she picked up a mannequin's arm (real arm?) we were actually chased into a nearby street.

There was a giant, half-melted plastic hand blocking the sidewalk, and as we ran around it I remember remarking to myself that it was quite the unusual flower. There were some other "flowers" like this that involved hands but I do not recall them. After we were chased away, we returned, this time to the actual warehouse.

Many people were there, and now I had a girlfriend. It might have been my ex, I'm not sure. There was another couple there. The male was wearing naught but a diaper and the female, a Robin costume (Yes, the Robin from Batman). As you can tell, this is where coherency started to break down.

There is also another scene that I cannot place chronologically, but know I dreamed. It is me, going towards the compound through each fenced off garden, which were now muddy with rain. Then I changed my mind, and started running back.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 08, 2013, 09:56:55 am »
So I just woke up from dreaming an Adventure Time episode.  And man, was it awesome.  Contains spoilers.  I'm going to put clarifications or things that weren't actually in the dream in parenthesis.

(So for whatever reason, flame princess left the fire kingdom.  And also for whatever reason, she's burning up part of the candy kingdom.  Maybe she was hungry?  So Finn gets her to stop, and PB offers to make her a giant cake or pudding thing to eat instead.)  So it started with Finn and FP next to the tree house, sitting in this half empty swimming pool sized bowl of what looked like red velvet cake.  I guess FP had gotten over her fire girl munchies and had calmed down.  Finn's trying to do the total honesty thing FP wanted, but he's not very good at it.  He runs inside the tree house, then comes back out and they go for a walk.  So they're on a hilltop overlooking a forest and it's getting close to the sunset.  Finn gives FP a necklace or bracelet.  (he says it was his in a past life, so it's really his and he figures he can do whatever he wants with it.)   

As soon as she puts it on, we cut back to the tree house.  PB had been upstairs in the tree house, "monitoring" FP, but had fallen asleep.  (That's probably why they went for a walk, so Finn could tell FP what PB was up to.  She'd probably get mad, but calm down when Finn points out she was kind of destroying the Candy Kingdom.) The house starts shaking, waking her up.  Ghostly pink-grey ectoplasm stuff starts bubbling out of the walls and floor  It engulfs PB, causing her to pass out.  Cut back to the outside of the tree house and this huge ghost girl emerges from the house, PB floating around in its stomach.  (this may or may not leave the tree all withered.)  The ghost thing runs at high speed using that kind of 3D effect they've had in recent episodes over to the hill where Finn and FP are standing, stops a few feet away, and just looks down at them. 

Finn draws his sword and FP flares up.  The ghost thing snatches the jewelry off of FP with no concern for the fire.  It looks down and notices PB is floating around inside of it. (probably because Finn is yelling about her.)  Ghost girl pulls her out of its stomach and drops her on the ground.  They all kinda stand there staring at each other until PB wakes up.  The ghost girl thing runs down the hill, into the woods and then along the treetops, as the camera follows her, again doing that 3D effect.  (as it's running off, PB explains what the heck it was.  Not really a ghost, but pure emotional energy/sentimental power.) 

The ghost thing comes to a stop in a clearing in the woods, to find Maja the Sky Witch, next to a cauldron where she's been working on a spell or whatever.  Maja flashes a huge evil smile.  Cut back to Finn, FP, and PB on the hill.  A huge explosion from the forest knocks them off their feet.  As they get back up a huge head rises up from the forest.  Green skin, huge yellow eyes with tiny pupils, long pointy nose, huge, toothy grin, hair flowing back behind it, on a purple and black striped neck, all Tim Burton style.  It turns to look at the trio on the hill, and then there's the standard Adventure Time sudden end.

So yeah, that was a fun dream.