Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 149645 times)

Offline Inkling

• Phantasy Star Robotcop
  • What?
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1650 on: December 10, 2011, 10:53:56 am »
Well that was fun.

I had a dream where another guy and I were trying out some new virtual reality game.  I remember walking through some kind of doorway at the start.  The game was about a haunted hotel.  We walk up to the door of this huge modern hotel, everything outside is tinged purple from the storm clouds at dusk.

We walk into the main floor to find the place deserted, maybe a few doors swinging open.  We get into the first elevator and hit the button for the top floor.  I thought that I briefly heard or felt a ghost in the elevator, a momentary pulse of blue light.  I try to grab it with my jacket, but of course I don't catch anything.  Probably not a coincidence, the elevator comes to a stop, groans, and goes into freefall.  We must have jumped through the roof of the elevator because we had to swing ourselves through an open elevator shaft door.

The floor we landed on was a huge two floor tall convention room or ballroom, taking up the whole floor with huge, twenty foot plus windows looking out onto the city and the bay.  There were finally people here, it was some kind of real estate convention.  A woman had me sit down for her presentation about buying a house.  I smiled and nodded politely while looking out the windows.

The sky was still tinged purple by low, angry storm clouds.  As I watched, this huge cross between a tornado and a black hole descended from the sky.  It looked more solid than a normal tornado, and as it moved back and forth I could see that the center of the thing was pitch black.  It sucked up buildings and water from the bay, before finally turning on the hotel.  The huge windows blew out and we went flying toward the bay.

We must have landed on a Navy ship.  Guys in camo were running around for cover and there were giant purple tentacles flailing around.  I saw one crashing around the deck when it touched a rack of guitars and recoiled in pain and horror.  I think the guitars had a blue outline around them, videogame code for "usable item."  "Yes!" I said, "We get to fight this thing with the power of ROCK!"  We chose our weapons from the rack of guitars and went El Kabong on the monster until I woke up.

When I woke up my shoulder was actually a bit sore.  It was probably from sleeping on it funny, but I prefer to think that it was from bashing some Lovecraftian monster with an electric guitar.

The Gockets, etc: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7813.0
Ink was a winner that one time but the image broke!

"If you don't notice that it sucks, then it must be good" - Chaim Gingold

Offline Uroboros

• SunDog Pilot
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 10, 2011, 11:28:11 am »
Though I forgot most of it due to 'dream evaporation' upon waking, the interesting slice is still mostly intact.

I was in some huge foggy field, doing something with a bunch of people I apparently knew. I don't even remember what, but at some point I gained a little lucidity, and did the only sane thing I could with it : Run, jump, and begin flying at a low angle. I was gaining in speed, and gradually increasing in height, as I shot out from the huge park enclosure and over buildings. It's a great feeling, being able to fly, while being just lucid enough that the dream is intensely vivid. The buildings got bigger, the further I flew. My speed was starting to get pretty intense, and as the houses became apartments, and then skyscrapers, I realised I wasn't very good at turning, and couldn't slow down. Suddenly I was playing a Starfox-like building evasion game, struggling against a very slight turning ability, which ended with me hitting the side of a building rather high up. I clung onto a protruding air-conditioning vent, and yelled inside to an office to get help before I fell. My grip was slipping, and just as I started to fall, someone grabbed my hand through a crack in the window...

...and then I snapped awake (a false awakening), I was inside the building, and had fallen off a chair, and was caught by an orderly before I completely faceplanted on the ground. I was actually a patient in a mental hospital, who thought he was a flying superhero. My dream and impending false-fall had snapped me awake. During a review to ensure I had recovered properly, I began to expound upon the virtues of truth, but also monologue about how I didn't actually regret my time within my own head, because it meant I could live a dream, and that happiness was the only true measure of success in life. My voice was a soothing, insightful drawl, and my insights were smooth and folley-like. The viewpoint detached from my dream-self, and panned out to reveal that...

...I was actually played by Morgan Freeman.

Offline Brandonazz

• Dune II Spice Harvester
  • Do you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 10, 2011, 01:12:29 pm »
My dream reminded me to check the bus times to make it to my test today, since they don't run as often on Saturdays.

Thanks dream!

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1653 on: December 10, 2011, 07:37:26 pm »
Been dreaming about work every night for the last week and a half. Not bad dreams, mind you. But work dreams.

Kind of sucks because I've also spent every day at work. Then get home and eat and go to sleep, only to dream about work.

Offline Inkling

• Phantasy Star Robotcop
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 10, 2011, 08:05:50 pm »
Do crazy things happen in the work dreams, at least?

The Gockets, etc: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7813.0
Ink was a winner that one time but the image broke!

"If you don't notice that it sucks, then it must be good" - Chaim Gingold

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1655 on: December 10, 2011, 08:38:15 pm »
Nah. They're pretty much the same as work.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Crossbow Sharpshooter
  • Ahhhh....nothing quite like the basics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 10, 2011, 09:49:17 pm »
Do they at least pay you dream money?

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:38 am »
Careful with that Pat!

Linked for bigness:
http://dresdencodak.com/comics/2006-10-07-summer_dream_job.jpg

Hope you've filed the correct stuff.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gec

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I dig 'em.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 03, 2012, 11:23:14 am »
I had a dream where I was a T-Rex who rescued small innocent Pokémon from a prison. I ate the bad guy. It was great.

Offline Ultimatum

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 03, 2012, 12:22:05 pm »
I had a dream I conned Ł36,000 out of some people,and everyone was mad at me :(
Words words words words words words words.

Offline Slinky

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • COPPA criminal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 03, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »
This thread is alive! IT'S ALIVE!

Well, if it matters, I had a minecraft dream. Surrounded by angry creepers!

"You've destroyed our cousins"

"You've destroyed our land"

So basically, they were mad at me because I was destroying and mining their habitat, and building things.
They had gone on kamikaze missions to blow up my houses, but I just cut down their trees and repaired them.
Now, they had me surrounded, somehow eaten everything I had and everything in my chests, and they were going to kill me if...

(weird part)

I didn't let them have my safety torches.

I think I need to take a TobyGames break. *sigh*
Quote from: Krakow Sam
Slinky has much wisdom for one so young.
Quote from: Krakow Sam
Slinky stop being a jerk.

Offline Haseri

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 04, 2012, 04:54:46 am »
I dreamed I had cancer :/.

Quote from: Axelgear
It's far better to regret something you've done than something you haven't.
Stupidity is a condition. Ignorance is a choice.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1662 on: May 04, 2012, 06:01:14 pm »
That's heavy...

Were you okay?

Offline Haseri

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:43 am »
All I remember is writing a just-in-case farewell message to you guys and two other forums I'm heavily involved in.

Probably didn't help I watched the House episode where Wilson gets home chemo.

Luckily I remember looking at my clock before it happend, so I knew it was a dream.

Quote from: Axelgear
It's far better to regret something you've done than something you haven't.
Stupidity is a condition. Ignorance is a choice.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #1664 on: May 05, 2012, 03:55:52 pm »
I've always pondered how to let my online friends know I died. ???