Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 208289 times)

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1605 on: June 28, 2011, 09:11:18 am »
Oh, I'm working on it. Christianity v.s. Elephantism.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: June 29, 2011, 12:30:47 am »
I seem to have certain dream elements that persist in my mind that stand out for some reason. These things are often in my dreams repeatedly, and are almost always extremification of actual things. For example: My former home used to have a good view of the water, and a hill behind it. This led to the dream version of my home an dthe surrounding neighborhood being set on a large rock peninsula overlooking the ocean (just large enough for my neighborhood and an odd Edward Scissorhands mansion-on-a-hill type thing)
Another neighborhood in my dreams is my Grandmothers. A small neighborhood built on a hillside, the dream version is a big valley with a large neighborhood in it.
Another thing I distinctly remember is a contorted version of Seattle. More hilly than San Fransisco, bigger buildings, the space needle set out in the middle of a large field (With an incorrect Disneyland-style monorail) A huge and much older Science Center complete with a full-scale aviation and space museum, and apparently my dream version of Washington borders Russia rather than Canada.

Oh, and I distinctly remember a chocolate shop and bakery established in the early 20th/ late 19th century, which makes no sense because the shop was made of wood when the entirety of Seattle burned down at around the supposed time of the establishment's establishment. It was also at the foot of an enormous skyscraper.

I swear I could make a map of all my dreams and they would all join together in some way or another. I remember running down a highway which adjoined no less than three separate previous dream locations. Anyone else experience this?
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #1607 on: June 29, 2011, 02:03:40 am »
Your brain just seems to like bumping into the exact same pieces of memory whenever it sorts things out. It's perfectly normal.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: June 29, 2011, 09:54:26 am »
Yeah, that happens to me quite often.  I distinctly recognize a variety of locations in a fair ammount of detail.

What freaks me out is when I find those locations later on while I'm awake, having never been there before.

Also:
I had a dream i was hanging out with rarity,
don't remember much of it though

How did you manage to post this twice, 10 minutes appart?
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: June 29, 2011, 10:34:14 am »
most people I know have eaten glue at least once in their life, including myself
This explains so much.
This is one of the things explained by your glue-eating...sorta. Did the dream involve a glue factory, perhaps?

Y'know. Because horses.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 01, 2011, 02:22:40 pm »
The other night I dreamed up a new weapon for the Scout.  It was a yo-yo that I think replaced the pistol.  You could wrap up passing enemies, preventing them from firing, kind of like when you hit them with a baseball.  You could wrap up at least four at once.  Then you could pull them in closer and finish them off with the shotgun or bat.  It was the most imbalanced weapon ever, I murdered everyone on the map five times over.  Then when I was done I flew away over the horizon.

I guess what I'm saying is that playing TF2 right before bed is a great idea.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
  • Level 40: I got TENTACLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 01, 2011, 09:14:20 pm »
I had a mildly terrifying dream/nightmare a few days ago.

Basically, I was at my elementary school after some time traveling with the Doctor, and my "friend" invites me over to his "room" to play his brand new AMAZING Japanese import-video game! I couldn't resist the offer, so I joined him, and we started level one. It was a sort of dungeon crawler in which you had teams of characters from various animes and mangas (which is strange considering I'm not a fan of these things. >_>).

But anyhow, halfway through level one, this... black face appears on the wall... It almost looked like some of the faces you'd see on Easter Island. And it just starred at us, and then it started covering the wall with an almost fuzzy black wool-like substance. I'd had enough Black Face Horror Theater and ran away, along with my "friend", to which at that point he admitted to me that the game was indeed cursed, and every time you thought about it, that face would appear and start to consume the room. Great. Oh, and remembering the face would also cause it to appear.

So now everywhere we went, these faces started to pop up, and it was that fact that kept us moving. Eventually, we split up, and my "friend" went to therapy to forget the game, while I was left to fight the black faces.

But what I distinctly remember was this garden with palm trees and two stone plateaus, one of which had a ghost walking in circles on top. And and that was where the faces appeared and screamed at me... It was quite horrifying to say the least.

After that encounter with the screaming face, I found my "friend" again and began to walk behind him, trying to get his attention. Little did I realize that I had become some sort of black silhouette. He sure realized it, though, and tried to run away. I tried to reassure him I was indeed me and not one of the face demons, but all I could make were these choking noises... that only scared him more.

And so he ran into the garden, climbing up the further rock plateau and taking rest there. I stopped outside, still terrified of my experience with the black face. He began to taunt me, elated that he was safe from me, at which point two eight feet tall samurai appeared, one behind him (who walked around in circles) and another behind me. I bowed for some reason. I guess it was to try and gain his favor. He told me to rise, and challenged me to a duel, to which I agreed, and painfully grew armor. The dream then ended as our swords clashed.

And I still keep expecting those damn faces to pop up. >_>;;
Awesomeness runs strong in the Greivi bloodline.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 02, 2011, 11:54:10 am »
One reason you do not watch Evangelion just before bed and just after being in the Spore section:

Instead of Angels, there were Nameless.

I NEED TO NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #1613 on: July 03, 2011, 04:10:45 am »
Do tell me in more detail. I really need to do that one of these days.  :3

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 03, 2011, 11:01:58 am »
Huh. I had a dream that for some reason my friends and I were going around with TF2 teleporters in an apartment comples, and then I found Andres Hussie, who was drawing a new page of Bard Quest for some reason. (And even wierder was that he was doing it on a table with a felt pen, rather than on his computer) Then he said I could help him either by getting him a Series 15 pen, or I was allowed to help him after obtaining it. Then me and my sister, who I guess appeared after Hussie's apartment, ran around trying to find it I guess, then I remembered I had left the teleporter exit in Hussie's apartment. I went back to get it and when I did I woke up.

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 18, 2011, 01:25:09 am »
Simply put in this dream society broke down and I survived with a friend by living off the secret frozen food vault in a banks basement while fighting off armies of hobos.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 18, 2011, 05:32:53 pm »
Simply put, had a dream from two different perspectives, but the same story.

There was this girl, Jeanne d'Montfort, and then there was me.

I had a lightsaber-powerdrill. It was the Excavader. It was awesome.

Any questions or comments?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 19, 2011, 07:35:14 am »
Not really.

I dreamt my brother was trying to talk to me about a song I didn't remember and he was all come on you know this and sang it and said it's called Snowman and that it's by Jonathan Coulton and then I woke up and sang it to myself for a while trying to figure out where it's from before realizing it's a mix of Take on me by A-ha and Spaceman by Babylon zoo which I haven't heard since I was like...11.
So that was pretty weird

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 19, 2011, 08:11:14 am »
Recently, I've been having quite a lot of hyperrealistc dreams. They're basically real situations with minor tweaks, like I do something different or I hold a different item. Sometimes I dream about a real day without anything weird going on, like suddenly a changing environment, new people, transformations etc. It's all so real and it's happening more often.

The borders between dream and reality are starting to fade. D:
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 19, 2011, 08:55:00 am »
That is not a bad thing flisch, it is a good thing.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.