Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 207311 times)

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2006, 02:57:53 pm »
i have messed up ones similar to that.  once i dreamt i woke up and some people were in my room doing some kind of work.  a guy came up to me and checked my pockets for some reason, and this old woman just kinda looked at me.  then after they were gone i decided to get up, and discovered my bed was surrounded by a glass bubble.  just as i realized the bubble was airtight and they meant to suffocate me i woke up and clawed hysterically around me to see that it wasn't still there.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 03:40:16 pm »
One of the most terrible dreams I know is where my parents leave me in some strange city, and then I have to drive a car to get to them, but they just keep driving faster.  :'(

Terrible feeling.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 04:01:19 pm »
You know those Goosebumps episodes from long ago? Have you seen one based on the Tower of Terror book? I had a dream like that, but I had no idea I did until SmileyMan posted that. I hadn't remembered it at all. That I think is the only nightmare I've ever had in my life. Everything else might be considered scary if I was conscious enough to be afraid.
 :P

I remember many of my dreams, and they are in color, as I vividly recall seeing a crowd of people wearing blue shirts walking by, and I told myself, 'Remember this, because you're dreaming, and you will want to remember it.'

If you care to read it, I wrote an essay about one dream I had, it was an odd one, like so many others.

8:00 PM, I was running late for an important meeting of the Board of Cryptoatomicphysics [a totally made up word]. Dashing through the halls, I made my way across an inter-building bridge to the office room on the 30th floor. One of the odd design characteristics of my company was the tendency to put large holes in the floor. Stories were designed like spider webs instead of large solid squares.
   As I took my place at the large table at the room, a group of special department anti-contaminants were discussing the leak we had several days ago. This had happened a few times before, an experiment escaped, usually through some kind of tunnel or shaft. The public couldn’t know about it, we’d get sued left and right. As all this was happening, I was oblivious to the events taking place downstairs. 8:16, man I hated these leaks, we spent so much time and effort to find them, only to fail, every time.
   There was a loud noise outside, everyone fell silent and looked at the double doors. They burst open at the head of an axe and the point of a gun. Several black clad men ran in, shouting and pointing various weapons at people. In a situation like this the only option was to comply. As a man stood at the table in front of me and I held my arms up, there was a buzz resembling muffled conversation, and I slowly blacked out…

I woke up instantly, to the sharp, acrid smell of blood. I looked around, several (probably) human beings hung from their ankles, dead, skinned, without skulls. My heart beat faster, but I didn’t move in case whoever did that was still around. They were.
   They were at least 7 feet tall each, had greenish-brown skin, and metal masks. They all were wearing what looked like armor. Their shape was humanoid, but only just, they definitely weren’t human. Having worked here for many years, I found that oddly acceptable. What was not acceptable was staying here any longer. I felt like I needed to resist, so I did. There were four from what I could see. I ran towards the closest and kicked it in the thigh; it stumbled backwards and fell 300 feet off the ledge. All of them were able to be eliminated in this manner. I left, taking one of their spears off the ground. It was only later that I realized that I was able to knock back seven foot tall muscular monsters by kicking them.
   That wasn’t the worst problem; in fact, they were hardly a problem at all compared to this. In the halls, everyone was running every which way. Running from what, I saw at the far edge of the main building. This one was vaguely serpentine, if serpents had legs. They were armored, like beetles or scorpions, with an exoskeleton. The scariest part about them though, was they lacked eyes. Lacking eyes meant lacking personality, lacking regret or remorse or humanity. They had an air of a killing machine, and indeed, everyone nearby was getting eaten. Feeling uncommonly confident (stupid maybe?) because of the spear in my hand, I approached them. One slash, and the first was in two pieces, blood the same color of the humanoid-monsters’ skin spraying over the floor. At least three more charged at me, into the end of my metallic, and exceptionally strong, spear.
   After killing about 10, I backed up quickly, hoping to escape with the rest of the inhabitants. At the end of the hall I broke into a run, the monsters giving chase. I was looking back at the pursuing serpents, when I disappeared from existence.

I looked above me, at the distant speck of light that must be hundreds of feet up. There was a dark tunnel to the left, and I started down it, again not realizing that humans don’t usually survive 400-foot drops.
   The walls and ceiling were covered in a slimy material that looked like wet, black mud, I assumed that this was where the leaks had escaped to, and grown. They must have been down here for months. There was more hissing, behind, in front, all around me. Here we go again.
   I fought viciously, and now was the time I realized that this would have all been strange things for a human to do. Those leaks affected me somehow, but not anyone else. How had I been different? Maybe the humanoids did something? That wasn’t very important right now, but I seemed to be getting stronger and stronger. The monsters weren’t showing any signs of letting up, even though attacking me promised a quick and untimely death. I had ripped off large slabs of wall and thrown it at them, grabbed one by the tail and swung it around like a club; I sometimes even punched a hole in their face with my bare fists.

It was a while before I got bored of mutilating monsters and decided I had to get out of here somehow. There was no sign of other humans down here anywhere, so I just ran along the tunnel surprisingly fast. As I came to a crossroad, I felt in my eye of memory that I should go right. I ran and ran and ran, not tiring in the least, and not noticing that the monsters were quite far behind me. I heard voices ahead, and turning a corner there was a parked truck with dozens of people around it, all with guns. I waved my arms frantically, trying to get their attention. They apparently called out to me, beckoning me towards them.
I was so relieved to get out of this building I ran straight for the mouth of the cave, and stopped when something dropped down behind the truck. It looked like another person, but was much too large. It roared, sounding for the world like a cross between the roar of a lion and click of a dolphin. Then, it exploded. The fireball destroyed the truck, the people, and then collapsed the mouth of the cave. I ran forward, desperately trying to move any one of the large rocks. Suddenly, I found myself very tired, unable to move the rock wall.
There was a screeching wail behind me, down the tunnel. I was normal again, and facing hordes of monsters, might as well jump. I slowly picked up my spear, considered my destiny, and met it.

In a very luxurious house, a child aged ten, named Charlie, was waiting. He sat alone in front of the fireplace, long given up on snacking on marshmallows, and was now throwing them into the fire. Charlie looked at the clock, 11:20, Daddy was late.

Dang, it looks so long in the preview...

I have had so many odd dreams, several in which I was forced to drive a car, which was scary for me as I'm not old enough to drive and I am a good ol' law-abiding person. Has anyone here had a dream that was extremely uneventful, like TV static with vague figures in the background, but it seems like it lasted forever and ever and ever and it was so agonizing you just wanted to wake up...

Creepy.
Oh yeah, the humanoids in the story are obviously based on the Predators, and the serpents based of the Aliens.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 04:03:08 pm by Kishmond »
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 08:01:10 pm »
Some people need to lay off the mind-altering substances... I'm not gonna say any names, you know who you are :P

I'm sorry, but I can't take it seriously when you say things like this and still have that avatar ;D

Anyway, I had a dream once where my entire 6th grade class was having History at my grandparents house (yes the same one) and were attacked by a pack of rabid wolves.  Nobody got injured.

Poor Nobody, I will miss ye.
Signed, Morslok

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 08:15:29 pm »
Have you ever had those dreams where you were aware of your surroundings, but you couldn't control things?
It's hard to explain, and it doesn't always happen in dreams.

For example if I'm day dreaming and I want to close a door, my mind will instantly fight back and open the door. I then close it again, and we fight back and forth. The odd thing is, I never win.  It's like I have two minds or something! Have I lost it?

7 who ate 9

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2006, 08:23:16 pm »
Has any one ever had dream were they knew that they were awake but couldn't control the dream? I had a dream like that, i tried telling every one they were just dream versions of those people, but they didn't believe me. Then i tried to finish my dream. For some reason i needed to kill a rat. I don't know why i needed to kill this rat, but the big self consions voice was telling me to, then in my dream i called the voice stupid but i tried it anyway. The mouses head fell off, then cam on, the rat wouldn't die. Then i woke up on my couch downstairs.

I also  have feelings that i can see every thing or that i am flying right before i go to sleep. I allways loved this feeling, it gave me a sense of knowledge and clare thinking, then when i tried to look around or think, but then i wasn't relaxed on went out of that pre-sleep stage.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2006, 09:58:19 pm »
.... The mouses head fell off, then cam on, the rat wouldn't die....

That’s the same sort of thing that happens to me! So I'm not completely crazy.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2006, 10:00:56 pm »
I dreamed I was an otter one time. It was cool, there were a whole bunch of other otters, and we were playing a game like water polo, but with a basketall basket. I remember being good at the game.

On a completely unrelated note, drinking Orange Soda before you go to sleep gives you crazy dreams.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2006, 10:06:23 pm »
My wierdest dream:
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2006, 10:19:45 pm »
Here's the story where I died:

I was about to stop the three bad guys, when I followed them into a warehouse, BUT IT"S A TRAP!!! I fall into the bottom of giant hour glass and it's start to fill with poisonous kitty litter OH NO! It's up to my knees and I look up at the rafters over head and the three bad guys are laughing like jerks at me. The sand is up to my waist I try and struggle but there is no way out. It's up to my neck, I try to get as much air as I can. As the sand covers my head I'm in full panic, my breathing is eratic and then I know right then I'm going to die. I hold onto my last bit of air, but I can't breath any more and everything fades to black; I'm dead.

Now this is the part where you would think I would wake up. No I stay dead. It's nothing but black. Silent. Still. Nothing. I will tell you this: this is the most relax and most at peace I have ever felt in my entire life. It was the best feeling in the world. But death doesn't last forever. The three bad guys revive me and say they were just joking and ask me if I want to  go to the mall them. I say yes and then I woke up.

But after that dream I no longer fear death. When my time comes I will accept it openly. If the afterlife is anything like my dream I'll be happy.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 10:27:42 pm »

I was about to stop the three bad guys, when I followed them into a warehouse, BUT IT"S A TRAP!!! I fall into the bottom of giant hour glass and it's start to fill with poisonous kitty litter OH NO! It's up to my knees and I look up at the rafters over head and the three bad guys are laughing like jerks at me. The sand is up to my waist I try and struggle but there is no way out. It's up to my neck, I try to get as much air as I can. As the sand covers my head I'm in full panic, my breathing is eratic and then I know right then I'm going to die. I hold onto my last bit of air, but I can't breath any more and everything fades to black; I'm dead.

Now this is the part where you would think I would wake up. No I stay dead. It's nothing but black. Silent. Still. Nothing. I will tell you this: this is the most relax and most at peace I have ever felt in my entire life. It was the best feeling in the world. But death doesn't last forever. The three bad guys revive me and say they were just joking and ask me if I want to  go to the mall them. I say yes and then I woke up.

But after that dream I no longer fear death. When my time comes I will accept it openly. If the afterlife is anything like my dream I'll be happy.

Thats deep  :-\

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2006, 05:19:39 am »

Now this is the part where you would think I would wake up. No I stay dead. It's nothing but black. Silent. Still. Nothing. I will tell you this: this is the most relax and most at peace I have ever felt in my entire life. It was the best feeling in the world. But death doesn't last forever. The three bad guys revive me and say they were just joking and ask me if I want to  go to the mall them. I say yes and then I woke up.

To bad you're going to HELL!  :P

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2006, 05:04:02 pm »
A few weeks ago I had a dream where I jumped off a bridge, but stopped a few inches from the ground. There was a guy playing golf. Nearby was a castle with an amusement park in it.

There was another one where me and all my siblings had super powers and we had to estroy an enemy fortress. I could move stuff with my mind, which was fun, my sister could turn into animals, my younger brother had very large and destructive weapons, and my older-than-the-first-but-not-older-than-me brother was a vampire.

And there was yet another crazy one in which I was running up a spiral mountain (such as the one in Banjo Kazooie), and a very small T-rex was chasing me. I didn't like this very much, and I knew I was dreaming so I jumped off the cliff to get away. I was aiming for a pool of water but I hit the ground next to it instead. This didn't wake me up, so I went to desperate measures, I found a bunch of other people, and we danced in a circle holding hands singing, "Wake up, wake up, wake up." It was creepy. At least I woke up.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2006, 05:39:00 pm »
This is the greatest thread ever. I'm laughing my butt off.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2006, 05:43:26 pm »
This is the greatest thread ever. I'm laughing my butt off.

You should contribute dreams of your own. Or are you afraid of exposing your psyche to the masses?