Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 208270 times)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1875 on: March 01, 2017, 01:34:50 am »
I had this dream I was in a new place, sharing with a couple and a girl.

Except my room was actually more or less outdoors. The walls were large iron fences but there wasn't a roof. I asked the letting agent what happened if it rained. She just shrugged and left. I remember thinking about how much I'd have to deal with pigeon crap.

I also went to the White House, which happened to be around the corner from this house. I think I was part of the press corp.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 01, 2017, 03:48:37 pm »
You may have had a vision of the future and the White House press holding pens.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamsu
« Reply #1877 on: March 04, 2017, 09:53:53 pm »
I dreamt that I was chilling out on a beach on a sunny day.

Nice when dreams are better than reality.

Who needs TV or videogames when I've got my nightly imagination channel.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1878 on: March 05, 2017, 08:46:35 am »
Who needs TV or videogames when I've got my nightly imagination channel.

People that enjoy looking inside other people's heads, too! :D

But yeah I hear what you're saying. I've always been an imagination type and daydreaming and all that jazz. Cell phones really did a number on people's ability to pass the time when there's nothing going on. I'll just sit in a doctor's office or whatever and maybe read a magazine or just look around to see what there is to see. There's so much to see everywhere, you just have to look!! Everyone else is buried in a cellphone and god forbid they don't have their phone for some reason, it looks like they want to kill themselves half the time.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 05, 2017, 09:34:52 am »
I've watched so much TV. I have played many videogames. I have seen it all.

But yeah, I remember when I used to be able to spend time just by imagining stuff in my head. Like stuff that could happen to my favourite TV character.

Well, now that I don't really watch any TV shows, there's not much to imagine about...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1880 on: March 05, 2017, 09:36:02 am »
As a sidenote, a mistake I made was associating "bed time" with "time to go over my thoughts for the day". It has led to a lot of my sleep problems because my brain won't relax and shut down.

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 05, 2017, 10:09:54 am »
Go take a nap, but instead of sleeping, go over your thoughts for the day.

I think I actually did that kind of unintentionally yesterday. I was getting angry, but it calmed me down.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 07, 2017, 08:35:04 am »
The dream where you have to find that one specific lego piece.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 08, 2017, 12:51:15 am »
A while ago I had a dream where I was handling a rattlesnake for reasons and it bit me. I went to a PokeCentre to get an antidote and instead of Nurse Joy it was the Irish girl I volunteer with. Then she disappeared and was replaced by someone from work, who just laughed at me.

It took me until get yelled at by customers for 1) telling someone to queue up like everyone else (this is Britain, madam, we queue) and 2) our prices (like I can set them - I finally gave up and told her that she can complain to the company if she cares that much) that I realised the rattlesnake was the job, or at least problem customers. Biting me and filling my veins with poison. And feeling like the company won't help me, especially if I remind the customer I'm not their servant and don't deserve to be treated like ****.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 08, 2017, 03:37:59 am »
Psh, what a load of nonsense. No way any of it is symbolic of anything at all.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1885 on: April 08, 2017, 03:58:43 am »
You should come to the annual rattlesnake roundup with me and overcome your fears!

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 08, 2017, 12:48:22 pm »
You need an all snake pokemon team.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1887 on: April 08, 2017, 01:33:44 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emzEPz3BrXM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emzEPz3BrXM</a>

I was at the roundup in Coaltown a few years back and they only found a pair of them. Looks like they're getting better hauls lately.

Back in the day they'd take all the rattlesnakes they found and would throw them into a fire pit and eat them. Rattlesnake is supposed to be delicious. But they almost went extinct around here, so they stopped killing them.

Online Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 04, 2017, 11:10:17 am »
I dreamed me and my friends went to the beach, and in the waves there was such a press of live bodies they might have outweighed the water. I was nude until strangers came, whose names were blue owl and red bear, and whose smiles I disliked. They called me brave, or maybe polite, for touching their skin when I shook their hands.

That was last Saturday. I wrote it down that way.

Last night I had a dream about being inside a video game. An evil clown chased me down a dark, fenced path. There were animals that would come along for me too, secondary hazards that I could maneuver/juke into his way to stop him for a bit. Eventually a bear came along that preferred me to him because I had eaten cinnamon and was therefor tastier. I exited the game from the menu pretty quickly after that and woke up.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1889 on: August 05, 2017, 09:34:37 am »
I have been lucky that my unconscious mind makes me forget that my mom died when I sleep. While in the day that fact haunts me throughout the day, but at night when I sleep I don't have that worry. Even a few times I have had dreams about my mom being alive and then waking up when I realize that its not possible. In short with all the changes that have been going on since my mom went to the hospital in the first place, my dreams at least have been a safe place that has not changed and feels the same as it has always been. Even despite getting a new bed last month. I am very thankful for this since I know many people have a hard time sleeping after loosing a loved one.