Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 156875 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1635 on: August 04, 2011, 10:13:33 pm »
Okay, so last night I nailed down exactly how I get to fly in dreams. It's odd, but If I concentrate real hard, then I can sort of throw myself up in the air and fly around, noclip style. Cool! It just occurred to me that it's the exact same sensation and thought process in each dream.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino
And The Ni'Calls

Offline Uroboros

• SunDog Pilot
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 04, 2011, 10:34:40 pm »
Okay, so last night I nailed down exactly how I get to fly in dreams. It's odd, but If I concentrate real hard, then I can sort of throw myself up in the air and fly around, noclip style. Cool! It just occurred to me that it's the exact same sensation and thought process in each dream.
You will find that if you get recurring moments of lucidity (even if they are only muddy), you will slowly learn your own personal dream-lore. Like a kind of personalised blueprint on the design of your dreams, and how to operate within them. I learned that pretty early on, due to my lucid nightmares, and even consciously developed shortcuts. One of the later ones I didn't get much use out of (mostly due to the lesser frequency of 'inescapable' lucid nightmares) was to jump and grab onto the lightbulb of the room, and then to swing my legs upwards to kick at the ceiling at the base of the bulb. That would cause me to sink through the ceiling, leaving a small cushion-like dimple behind. It was an escape measure for when I had barricaded myself into a room and didn't have long left, or if I wanted to stealth my way to a better location without being spotted. Not-so-fun times.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 04, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »
My defense is Jean Grey like telekinesis. Fun stuff.

Offline Didero

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:19 am »
Last night I dreamt I was emptying trash cans and containers at some random school.
So exciting, you guys!

:|

Offline Grazony

• Strider Hiryu
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 05, 2011, 05:33:10 am »
Last night I dreamt I was emptying trash cans and containers at some random school.
So exciting, you guys!

:|
The great adventures of Didero the Janitor!
*guitar solo*

Anyway I had a dream where I was a sandwhich in a fridge, but suddenly someone opened the door and grabbed me. Just before they could chomp me I woke up. It was like one of those falling dreams only I was going to be eaten at the end of it. D:

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline martyk

• Arrgh, Me Be A Pirate!
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1640 on: August 05, 2011, 09:05:50 am »
I killed a man with a machete while riding a train into the sun.

8)
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Flisch

• Mail Order Monster
  • Banned - 10/07/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 05, 2011, 10:11:04 am »
Okay, so last night I dreamt about someone, who already graduated, coming back to our school to see some guys in our class.

Well, guess what happened two minutes ago. o_o

Not the same guy, granted, but in the last dream it weren't the same people who played magic either.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline LadyM

• Doom Space Marine
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1642 on: August 05, 2011, 03:54:10 pm »
See? You have a super power.  8)
Rules-LadyMpire-YouTube-Twitter
Starbound and Minecraft server: ask me

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 06, 2011, 02:27:19 am »
So last night I "woke up" while I was still dreaming. I said to myself "what the ****?" during a conversation I was having, realizing that I was dreaming. The dream slowly faded away, and I woke up completely. I've never had that happen before
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino
And The Ni'Calls

Offline Flisch

• Mail Order Monster
  • Banned - 10/07/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 06, 2011, 07:40:42 am »
See? You have a super power.  8)
Well, there were no prephetical dreams today, so... Maybe it was just super freaky coincidence.

So last night I "woke up" while I was still dreaming. I said to myself "what the ****?" during a conversation I was having, realizing that I was dreaming. The dream slowly faded away, and I woke up completely. I've never had that happen before
You actually woke up because you realized it was a dream, not the other way around. Lucid dreams tend to fade away more quickly than nonlucid ones.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Slinky

• Robotron Automaton
  • ho ho ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 07, 2011, 04:34:29 pm »

Always happens to me, like this.

Dream Start

>Wake up from dream, unknowingly still dreaming

>Go through a normal day, at end go to sleep in dream

>Dream I'm dreaming

>Wake up from dream within a dream

>Actually wake up.

Dream End.

The creepy part is that I actually live (in real life) the day that I dreamed I was living, with a few moderately sized details changed. Sometimes it's worse and I have a dream within a dream within a dream. Anyway, this is very strange but, very rarely, I remember my dream and can predict events in real life.

I'm not joking. This is really freaking me out. Most likely the events I can predict were somehow initiated by me before, and so my subconscious (did I spell that right?) is actually trying to replicate the dream.

Anyway, this is kind of scaring me.  :-[
Quote from: Krakow Sam
Slinky has much wisdom for one so young.
Slinky stop being a jerk.

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 09, 2011, 09:48:44 pm »
I get sleep paralysis almost every day. its usualy the same thing: vines of roses turn into giant worm/gulper eel thing and strip away my skin in meaty chunks. then the crawl into me and eat me.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Slinky

• Robotron Automaton
  • ho ho ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 10, 2011, 01:45:15 pm »

Who, me? Eat your flesh? Never.
Slinky has much wisdom for one so young.
Slinky stop being a jerk.

Online Inkling

• Wasteland Warrior
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 10, 2011, 10:53:56 am »
Well that was fun.

I had a dream where another guy and I were trying out some new virtual reality game.  I remember walking through some kind of doorway at the start.  The game was about a haunted hotel.  We walk up to the door of this huge modern hotel, everything outside is tinged purple from the storm clouds at dusk.

We walk into the main floor to find the place deserted, maybe a few doors swinging open.  We get into the first elevator and hit the button for the top floor.  I thought that I briefly heard or felt a ghost in the elevator, a momentary pulse of blue light.  I try to grab it with my jacket, but of course I don't catch anything.  Probably not a coincidence, the elevator comes to a stop, groans, and goes into freefall.  We must have jumped through the roof of the elevator because we had to swing ourselves through an open elevator shaft door.

The floor we landed on was a huge two floor tall convention room or ballroom, taking up the whole floor with huge, twenty foot plus windows looking out onto the city and the bay.  There were finally people here, it was some kind of real estate convention.  A woman had me sit down for her presentation about buying a house.  I smiled and nodded politely while looking out the windows.

The sky was still tinged purple by low, angry storm clouds.  As I watched, this huge cross between a tornado and a black hole descended from the sky.  It looked more solid than a normal tornado, and as it moved back and forth I could see that the center of the thing was pitch black.  It sucked up buildings and water from the bay, before finally turning on the hotel.  The huge windows blew out and we went flying toward the bay.

We must have landed on a Navy ship.  Guys in camo were running around for cover and there were giant purple tentacles flailing around.  I saw one crashing around the deck when it touched a rack of guitars and recoiled in pain and horror.  I think the guitars had a blue outline around them, videogame code for "usable item."  "Yes!" I said, "We get to fight this thing with the power of ROCK!"  We chose our weapons from the rack of guitars and went El Kabong on the monster until I woke up.

When I woke up my shoulder was actually a bit sore.  It was probably from sleeping on it funny, but I prefer to think that it was from bashing some Lovecraftian monster with an electric guitar.

The Gockets, etc: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7813.0
Ink was a winner that one time but the image broke!

"If you don't notice that it sucks, then it must be good" - Chaim Gingold

Offline Uroboros

• SunDog Pilot
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 10, 2011, 11:28:11 am »
Though I forgot most of it due to 'dream evaporation' upon waking, the interesting slice is still mostly intact.

I was in some huge foggy field, doing something with a bunch of people I apparently knew. I don't even remember what, but at some point I gained a little lucidity, and did the only sane thing I could with it : Run, jump, and begin flying at a low angle. I was gaining in speed, and gradually increasing in height, as I shot out from the huge park enclosure and over buildings. It's a great feeling, being able to fly, while being just lucid enough that the dream is intensely vivid. The buildings got bigger, the further I flew. My speed was starting to get pretty intense, and as the houses became apartments, and then skyscrapers, I realised I wasn't very good at turning, and couldn't slow down. Suddenly I was playing a Starfox-like building evasion game, struggling against a very slight turning ability, which ended with me hitting the side of a building rather high up. I clung onto a protruding air-conditioning vent, and yelled inside to an office to get help before I fell. My grip was slipping, and just as I started to fall, someone grabbed my hand through a crack in the window...

...and then I snapped awake (a false awakening), I was inside the building, and had fallen off a chair, and was caught by an orderly before I completely faceplanted on the ground. I was actually a patient in a mental hospital, who thought he was a flying superhero. My dream and impending false-fall had snapped me awake. During a review to ensure I had recovered properly, I began to expound upon the virtues of truth, but also monologue about how I didn't actually regret my time within my own head, because it meant I could live a dream, and that happiness was the only true measure of success in life. My voice was a soothing, insightful drawl, and my insights were smooth and folley-like. The viewpoint detached from my dream-self, and panned out to reveal that...

...I was actually played by Morgan Freeman.