Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 153370 times)

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1545 on: March 06, 2011, 10:03:57 am »
I had a dream that I was in a restaurant with my mother and younger brother. When the bill came however, my panicked mother ordered an expensive margarita instead. When I asked her what was wrong, she said she had no money and no-one to contact. >_> What followed was me frantically searching for my sister, who had money, but she was somewhere in the huge building the restaurant was in.

So as I ran, it became apparent that several employees there were in pursuit. They had found us out. :P When I eventually ran back to the where the restaurant was, it was completely gone. It turned out that the whole building was actually a mental asylum, in which I was imprisoned because I kept unconsciously creating false memories and acting on them. There never was a restaurant, and my mother wasn't here.

Then I was caught and placed back in my cell.

Kind of a depressing dream.
Look, just leave me alone.

Offline Summoner

• Dig Dug Digger
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #1546 on: March 06, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »
Maybe you are in a mental asylum, maybe me and everyone else is just in your little mind. You may never know!!!

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 07, 2011, 03:35:51 am »
     Has anyone else had the phenomenon of all your dreams taking place in the same world? That seems to be apparent in my most memorable dreams. I've been able to determine a basic map of my dream world from remembering routes that I travel on in my dreams. Seriously, just a few nights ago, I "visited" a city (Which I conspicuously remember as being referred to as "Chicago") which I hadn't been to in a dream for years! and yet, I still remember exactly the street I was on from the other dream that I had! I've also had the occurrence of separate dream locations making appearances in other dreams, by way of traveling on a freeway or other type of transportation often. Now that I think about it, very rarely do I have a dream that is completely unique and separated from the others.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino
And The Ni'Calls

Offline Great Distance

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: March 07, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
Most of my dreams tend to have something in common. For example, the distance between my old school and my house is always much shorter than it should be. There are also some locations in the town near the school that I'm pretty sure only exist in my dreams. I never visit that place in real life, so when I visit it in my dreams, all the memories I have of it seem to be dug up from previous dreams. I particularly remember one dream where I spent a whole lot of time exploring the place, looking for something. Now when I'm looking for something in the town, I'll just remember that dream, like "oh yeah, that was there", and I find it. In my dreams.

Some places, like the location of my house, seem to be constantly changing, though. Sometimes it's right where it should be, sometimes it's on an island, sometimes in a cave and sometimes it has an extra floor or something like that.

Offline Kishmond

• Space Harrier
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1549 on: March 07, 2011, 11:58:03 am »
My dreams never have anything to do with each other. I can only ever remember one pair of recurring dreams in which I jumped through the mirror in the master bathroom to visit a spooky tower inhabited by a family of dragons. This was when I was like 6 or 7.

Although sometimes I get this weird feeling of suddenly remembering a very old dream within another dream. One that I never consciously remembered and it's impossible to tell how far back that dream occurred. Or even if it was earlier in the same night.
Woooooo

Offline munchkin5

• Boulder Dasher
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: March 07, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »
My dreams are never as coherent as anything described in here, but they are very intresting when they happen. Mostly though i just immediately forget them and then all i can remember is that i actually had a dream, but nothing that actually happened in it.

Offline Cobra

• Dune II Spice Harvester
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:47 pm »
I have a fictional Mall that has appeared in a handful of dreams.

Offline Yuu

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #1552 on: March 12, 2011, 01:18:22 am »
I can usually travel from location to location or summon former people or objects in my dreams, as long as I remember them at the time.

I also have this quirky thing where I'm able to both keep dreaming while simultaneously being completely aware of the real world via my hearing.

Offline Kishmond

• Space Harrier
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1553 on: March 22, 2011, 01:42:40 pm »
Alternate history America, 300 years into the future.

The war had been going on for almost 200 years now. I was a high-ranking General, training some new recruits in the proper use of laser spears (they were regular spears that shot lasers) when suddenly the spears jumped out of our hands and floated through the ceiling! We were all terrified, thinking that the enemy had developed some sort of magnetic weapon and that we were just seconds away from laser death raining down on our heads. Nothing happened. A few soldiers went outside out of the nicely reinforced safety of the building and I followed.

It turns out, suddenly, the war was over. Confused people, so used to constant danger, wandered the streets. From the roof of the nearby Capitol building, the King of the USA hung from a gallows. It wasn't our enemies that conquered us, but something else. Aliens I guess? They killed the King, ended the war, and set up the first Democratic government of the USA. As the Second in Command of the military forces, the people trusted me and I knew deep down that it would be me to take the position of the first President. But for now I wandered the streets. Before I had an exceptional salary, but it was all stored digitally. Now the banks were overloaded with transactions and for a while I had not a single penny to my name. As I walked down the streets of New York City (the Capitol city) everything was mostly black and white and kind of fuzzy in a weird film noir sort of way. A few objects had color, in bright reds and yellows. I sat down on a doorstep on Dark Street (so called because of its baffling lack of streetlights) and pondered my future.

Stay tuned for Part 2.
Woooooo

Offline Kishmond

• Space Harrier
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1554 on: March 23, 2011, 12:07:48 am »
*an undisclosed amount of time later*

Details here are pretty vague but I think I set aside the Presidential position for a while to go adventuring. In my travels I find a big 'ol boat made of solid gold that can fly. With its power (enough to conquer the world several times over) I find an old... I think it was a cruise ship because it had guest cabins... in some sort of stasis. I break into the stasis bubble and enter one of the cabins and this is where I first meet one of the Statues.

I thought it was just a person standing in the corner, but only for a second. It was human sized and actually mostly human except for its arms and head. It's arms were obscenely long, down to its knees, and its hands were made of iron with sharp inch-long fingernails at the end of each finger. Its head and some of its shoulders was also made of what looked like iron, but it was shaped like the head of an owl with a very long curved beak like an ibis.

It crossed the room without making a sound and paralyzed me at a touch. It took my left hand in its own and grabbed the first joint of my forefinger with two of its long metal fingernails. Then it squeezed. It would have been very painful had I not been somehow able to mask any pain I felt. Anyway I still couldn't move and now I was missing a third of one finger. The Statue moved on to the next joint of my forefinger, its face unreadable. That was how it killed you. Slowly separating each and every joint in your body.

That would've been terrible if I hadn't been rescued by a crew member at this point. I don't remember how he killed it but when it died every part of it that looked human evaporated leaving only a pile of clothes and a motionless iron head and hands. In the closet behind it were some very rare and valuable pre-war memorabilia.

So the rest of it was about dealing with Statue outbreaks in New York City. They mostly involved running away from them. There was also something about a group of undead activists living in the slums but I am really too tired right now to remember that correctly.
Woooooo

Offline Inkling

• Cyberball All-Star
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 24, 2011, 01:40:31 am »
I really do want some of whatever it is you're smoking, Kish.

Part of a dream last night had me walking along some baseball fields.  The ground sloped down from the fields, and there were holes in the ground.  I looked into some of the holes to see hundreds, if not thousands of little eyes gleaming back at me, like when you shine a light in an animal's eyes at night.  The holes were the entrances to these dirt caves filled with little animals, covering every inch of space.  One was filled with bats, but most were filled with these animals that looked like a cross between prairie dogs and chimpunks.  Like I said, they covered every inch of space in the caves.  There were also stacks of them at the bottom with limbs stretched out, forming geometric shapes, like army ants trying to bridge a gap.  There was also some kind of dream within a dream Inceptoin style stuff going on, but I don't remember it as well.

The Gockets, etc: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7813.0
Ink was a winner that one time but the image broke!

"If you don't notice that it sucks, then it must be good" - Chaim Gingold

Offline Kishmond

• Space Harrier
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1556 on: April 03, 2011, 09:25:58 pm »
I've gotten to the point where in my dreams I am aware that I am dreaming without even being fully consciously aware I'm dreaming.

For example in part of that President dream up there I was wandering in the woods at night. I sat down outside a cabin and watched the cars go by on the nearby road. A little girl, maybe 5 or 6, came out of the house and sat down next to me. I was aware I was dreaming on some kind of deeper level so I pointed to a tree and used my dream powers to make it fall down. I looked at her feeling very self satisfied. She pointed to another tree and it fell over too. Touché, little girl.

In another more recent dream I went out for a walk in the wilderness. I met a couple of hunters and decided to tag along for a while, it might be interesting. We did whatever it was hunters normally do for a while but while we were wandering past an old overgrown go-kart track in the middle of the woods I saw that it was getting late and I had to leave. They kind of took offense to this for some reason and started chasing me, intent on beating me to within an inch of my life. I had a heavy backpack to swing but otherwise no way to defend myself.
I ran until I reached some kind of bazaar selling ancient-Egypt style souvenirs and here I was cornered. As they advanced on me I said something like, "You have me physically outnumbered, but this is my world, and mentally I rule." I grabbed a golden scarab from a table and made it come to life. That didn't really scare them off so I materialized in my hand a blade that could cut through anything. It was only the size of a kitchen knife. That wouldn't do, so I changed it into a cutlass-type sword. Then I chopped them in half. Then I chopped 420 more people in half. Yeah I don't know why I did that.

And in an even more recent dream I was in a school something like Hogwarts but a little more modern and I don't think there were any wizards there. Except me of course. But I wasn't a wizard I was a genie or a demon or something. But it was fun shapeshifting, turning invisible, teleporting, and creating things by waving my hands. I used my powers to mess with people.
Woooooo

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 06, 2011, 04:37:41 pm »
I had a dream where I was in a room and the floor was covered with catatonic people groaning and I remember their chests were rising and falling with their breathing and covered sweat and machinery. Then a gnarled grey corpse of a person with a twisted jaw was screaming in my face as it slowly writhed toward because it had no arms or legs and everything is hazy and rotting. then the corpse melts over me.

then I woke up, but because I routinely suffer from sleep paralysis (its a common thing, actually. look it up) I enter a brief Hypnopompic state.

and then there are shriveled flowers and everything is made of bleeding worms and rust and they eat away at me and then its gone.

This is how I get my ideas.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 07, 2011, 02:14:27 am »
D:
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino
And The Ni'Calls

Offline Hammerman58

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 07, 2011, 02:26:37 am »
I hate sleep paralysis. There was a week awhile ago every night they happened to me. The hallucinations are the worst it's always a dark figure watching me. Scarier then the worst nightmares I haver ever had. 
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.