Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 185969 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ice Climber
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1545 on: March 22, 2011, 10:42:40 am »
Alternate history America, 300 years into the future.

The war had been going on for almost 200 years now. I was a high-ranking General, training some new recruits in the proper use of laser spears (they were regular spears that shot lasers) when suddenly the spears jumped out of our hands and floated through the ceiling! We were all terrified, thinking that the enemy had developed some sort of magnetic weapon and that we were just seconds away from laser death raining down on our heads. Nothing happened. A few soldiers went outside out of the nicely reinforced safety of the building and I followed.

It turns out, suddenly, the war was over. Confused people, so used to constant danger, wandered the streets. From the roof of the nearby Capitol building, the King of the USA hung from a gallows. It wasn't our enemies that conquered us, but something else. Aliens I guess? They killed the King, ended the war, and set up the first Democratic government of the USA. As the Second in Command of the military forces, the people trusted me and I knew deep down that it would be me to take the position of the first President. But for now I wandered the streets. Before I had an exceptional salary, but it was all stored digitally. Now the banks were overloaded with transactions and for a while I had not a single penny to my name. As I walked down the streets of New York City (the Capitol city) everything was mostly black and white and kind of fuzzy in a weird film noir sort of way. A few objects had color, in bright reds and yellows. I sat down on a doorstep on Dark Street (so called because of its baffling lack of streetlights) and pondered my future.

Stay tuned for Part 2.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Kishmond

• Ice Climber
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1546 on: March 22, 2011, 09:07:48 pm »
*an undisclosed amount of time later*

Details here are pretty vague but I think I set aside the Presidential position for a while to go adventuring. In my travels I find a big 'ol boat made of solid gold that can fly. With its power (enough to conquer the world several times over) I find an old... I think it was a cruise ship because it had guest cabins... in some sort of stasis. I break into the stasis bubble and enter one of the cabins and this is where I first meet one of the Statues.

I thought it was just a person standing in the corner, but only for a second. It was human sized and actually mostly human except for its arms and head. It's arms were obscenely long, down to its knees, and its hands were made of iron with sharp inch-long fingernails at the end of each finger. Its head and some of its shoulders was also made of what looked like iron, but it was shaped like the head of an owl with a very long curved beak like an ibis.

It crossed the room without making a sound and paralyzed me at a touch. It took my left hand in its own and grabbed the first joint of my forefinger with two of its long metal fingernails. Then it squeezed. It would have been very painful had I not been somehow able to mask any pain I felt. Anyway I still couldn't move and now I was missing a third of one finger. The Statue moved on to the next joint of my forefinger, its face unreadable. That was how it killed you. Slowly separating each and every joint in your body.

That would've been terrible if I hadn't been rescued by a crew member at this point. I don't remember how he killed it but when it died every part of it that looked human evaporated leaving only a pile of clothes and a motionless iron head and hands. In the closet behind it were some very rare and valuable pre-war memorabilia.

So the rest of it was about dealing with Statue outbreaks in New York City. They mostly involved running away from them. There was also something about a group of undead activists living in the slums but I am really too tired right now to remember that correctly.

Offline Inkling

• Civilization Emperor
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 23, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »
I really do want some of whatever it is you're smoking, Kish.

Part of a dream last night had me walking along some baseball fields.  The ground sloped down from the fields, and there were holes in the ground.  I looked into some of the holes to see hundreds, if not thousands of little eyes gleaming back at me, like when you shine a light in an animal's eyes at night.  The holes were the entrances to these dirt caves filled with little animals, covering every inch of space.  One was filled with bats, but most were filled with these animals that looked like a cross between prairie dogs and chimpunks.  Like I said, they covered every inch of space in the caves.  There were also stacks of them at the bottom with limbs stretched out, forming geometric shapes, like army ants trying to bridge a gap.  There was also some kind of dream within a dream Inceptoin style stuff going on, but I don't remember it as well.

Offline Kishmond

• Ice Climber
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1548 on: April 03, 2011, 06:25:58 pm »
I've gotten to the point where in my dreams I am aware that I am dreaming without even being fully consciously aware I'm dreaming.

For example in part of that President dream up there I was wandering in the woods at night. I sat down outside a cabin and watched the cars go by on the nearby road. A little girl, maybe 5 or 6, came out of the house and sat down next to me. I was aware I was dreaming on some kind of deeper level so I pointed to a tree and used my dream powers to make it fall down. I looked at her feeling very self satisfied. She pointed to another tree and it fell over too. Touché, little girl.

In another more recent dream I went out for a walk in the wilderness. I met a couple of hunters and decided to tag along for a while, it might be interesting. We did whatever it was hunters normally do for a while but while we were wandering past an old overgrown go-kart track in the middle of the woods I saw that it was getting late and I had to leave. They kind of took offense to this for some reason and started chasing me, intent on beating me to within an inch of my life. I had a heavy backpack to swing but otherwise no way to defend myself.
I ran until I reached some kind of bazaar selling ancient-Egypt style souvenirs and here I was cornered. As they advanced on me I said something like, "You have me physically outnumbered, but this is my world, and mentally I rule." I grabbed a golden scarab from a table and made it come to life. That didn't really scare them off so I materialized in my hand a blade that could cut through anything. It was only the size of a kitchen knife. That wouldn't do, so I changed it into a cutlass-type sword. Then I chopped them in half. Then I chopped 420 more people in half. Yeah I don't know why I did that.

And in an even more recent dream I was in a school something like Hogwarts but a little more modern and I don't think there were any wizards there. Except me of course. But I wasn't a wizard I was a genie or a demon or something. But it was fun shapeshifting, turning invisible, teleporting, and creating things by waving my hands. I used my powers to mess with people.

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 06, 2011, 01:37:41 pm »
I had a dream where I was in a room and the floor was covered with catatonic people groaning and I remember their chests were rising and falling with their breathing and covered sweat and machinery. Then a gnarled grey corpse of a person with a twisted jaw was screaming in my face as it slowly writhed toward because it had no arms or legs and everything is hazy and rotting. then the corpse melts over me.

then I woke up, but because I routinely suffer from sleep paralysis (its a common thing, actually. look it up) I enter a brief Hypnopompic state.

and then there are shriveled flowers and everything is made of bleeding worms and rust and they eat away at me and then its gone.

This is how I get my ideas.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 06, 2011, 11:14:27 pm »
D:

Offline Hammerman58

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 06, 2011, 11:26:37 pm »
I hate sleep paralysis. There was a week awhile ago every night they happened to me. The hallucinations are the worst it's always a dark figure watching me. Scarier then the worst nightmares I haver ever had. 
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Dr. Croccer

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 08, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »
Am I the only one who has dreams about things that then happen in real life?

Offline Yuu

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #1553 on: April 08, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »
Not at the slightest.

Offline Kishmond

• Ice Climber
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1554 on: April 08, 2011, 08:28:31 pm »
I sometimes have very confusing dreams where I wake up and go through my morning routine several times in a row.

But the last dream I had was really cool. It was the far future and I was on an exchange program on now-terraformed Mars. The family I stayed with had been on Mars for generations so they had a big replica castle complete with (flooded) crypts. Now the culture on Mars was a lot different than on Earth. They had been independent for a very long time and what they had then was basically a police state. Also their most popular pets were reptiles. My host family had a pet alligator and a python as long as an SUV. Of course they were the most well behaved reptiles you've ever seen. At one point I went outside, and for some reason the Earth was about as big in the sky as the moon is here, and I just looked up at the it. There was an artificial ring around it so big that even at this distance I could see it, and across its surface streams of bright light pulsed rhythmically. I understood that this was the main power source of Earth, maybe solar satellites beaming power down to the surface. Either way it was very beautiful.

I don't remember what it was the government of Mars did that was so terrible, but I do remember one thing. It was the beginning of April, just as it is now. I don't remember what triggered it but for some reason hidden gas bombs in our house went off. The gas sort of turned off our memory, but we still went through our daily tasks as if we were sleepwalking. For weeks members of the secret police walked through our house. Again, I don't remember what they did but I do recall it included weird things like trimming our hair. Like we were bushes in a garden to be trimmed. When we all came to our senses it was the day before Easter and several weeks had passed.

I wish I could remember how, but eventually the oppressive regime sort of collapsed under the weight of its own lies and people were free. Not without cost. Because of the creepy maintenance thing they did no one ever got sick, but now people started dying. Uh-oh.

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 08, 2011, 08:56:24 pm »
it's always a dark figure watching me. Scarier then the worst nightmares I haver ever had.  

...uhh
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Krakow Sam

• World of Warcraft Hunter
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 09, 2011, 03:43:12 am »
Am I the only one who has dreams about things that then happen in real life?

Thats Deja-Vu. You didn't actually dream about it, its a false memory that was created because an event you witnessed somehow got routed through the memory part of your brain before the comprehension part and got filed weirdly.

I know it feels like you dreamed about it quite a while back, but you can never remember exactly when you had the dream, right? Any other dreams you can generally place when and where you had them (if they were memorable enough), but the deja vu dreams are always weirdly impossible to place.
As an experiment you could try writing down as much as you can remember about your dreams every night, I'll guarantee that no specific precognition will be evident in the dreams you record. (I say specific because just about anyone could have a dream about Obama being re-elected or defeated, or a tsunami hitting japan or some other broad, major event that then goes on to coincidentally be proved right)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Supersonic Hedgehog
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 09, 2011, 05:37:18 am »
1) Watch The Fly (1986)
2) Turn off lights.
3) Sleep
4) ? ? ?
5) PROFIT!
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Rysworld

• Might and Magic Magus
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 21, 2011, 11:22:21 am »
I woke up on a rocky outcrop, and somehow I knew it was 1PM. I fell back asleep. I woke up again in a place that my dreams had been before- a mansion, owned by my dad. Somehow, there was a monster outside. It was made of liquid fire. I don't mean magma, I mean the concept of fire given liquid form. I won't describe it here, I'll likely try to draw it and put it in the Merry Doodles and Sketches Thread. I had a plan to defeat it, for I remembered something from the last dream about this- that the monster could be defeated. So, I sucked on some water until it hardened from the pressure into a silly putty-like material, and made two balls of this. The third I made from some peanut butter which was sitting on a counter nearby. I planned to run out and defeat the beast, but my dad planned to run away. Just as I was about to go out and throw my hardened water at the beast, I woke up.

Wierd, wierd dream.

Offline Gnoll

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 21, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »
I dreamed about being eaten by my computer.

I hope it's not a metaphor or anything, that would suck.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?