Poll

Who has lucid dreams, and who doesn't?

Lucid Dreams
Non-Lucid Dreams
No Dreams

Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 185804 times)

Offline Black Twitter

• Master of Orion
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1530 on: March 05, 2011, 12:22:43 pm »
One time I dreamed about boning this chick.
Tryin to make a change :-\

Offline Plank of Wood

• Civilization Emperor
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 05, 2011, 12:25:38 pm »
Hi five bro.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline /lurk

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 05, 2011, 12:26:16 pm »

Clearly an expression of repressed homosexuality.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Gungnir

• Boulder Dasher
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 05, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »
That cigar in Freud's hand points to him having similarly repressed feelings.
They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline Flisch

• Arm Wrestling Champ
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 05, 2011, 01:41:55 pm »
I had a horrifying dream recently. It was about the time when you're not really asleep anymore and on a transition to waking up. Anyway, I was like lying in my bed and wanted to get up. I knew nobody else was at home, because my parents go to work very early. So I wanted to go to the bathroom but suddenly I felt asleep again and fell to the floor. Then after some time I waked up in my bed again but found out that some things in the room changed. But not in a dream way, but more in a "omg a stranger is in my home and he is stealing/rearranging things" kind of way, so I was kind of horrified and wanted to get to safety. I also thought that someone must have gotten me back into my bed, because I clearly fell asleep on the floor. Then I was lying in my bed and could barely move, because apparently I was paralyzed or something. Or maybe I was given some sort of tranquiliser and all I could see was some shapes moving around in the corners of my eye, but I was still sleepy, so I couldn't focus. And then finally I woke up to my alarm clock. D:
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Oviraptor

• Tetris Tutor
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #1535 on: March 05, 2011, 01:55:08 pm »
Good ol' sleep paralysis.

Offline Brandonazz

• Doom Space Marine
  • Привет, товарищи!
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #1536 on: March 05, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »
I dreamed yesterday morning that I took ecstasy.

Which is pretty hilarious.

Offline Black Twitter

• Master of Orion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 06, 2011, 07:03:57 am »
I had a dream that I was in a restaurant with my mother and younger brother. When the bill came however, my panicked mother ordered an expensive margarita instead. When I asked her what was wrong, she said she had no money and no-one to contact. >_> What followed was me frantically searching for my sister, who had money, but she was somewhere in the huge building the restaurant was in.

So as I ran, it became apparent that several employees there were in pursuit. They had found us out. :P When I eventually ran back to the where the restaurant was, it was completely gone. It turned out that the whole building was actually a mental asylum, in which I was imprisoned because I kept unconsciously creating false memories and acting on them. There never was a restaurant, and my mother wasn't here.

Then I was caught and placed back in my cell.

Kind of a depressing dream.
Tryin to make a change :-\

Offline Summoner

• Dig Dug Digger
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #1538 on: March 06, 2011, 05:09:52 pm »
Maybe you are in a mental asylum, maybe me and everyone else is just in your little mind. You may never know!!!

Offline Kitkat

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 07, 2011, 12:35:51 am »
     Has anyone else had the phenomenon of all your dreams taking place in the same world? That seems to be apparent in my most memorable dreams. I've been able to determine a basic map of my dream world from remembering routes that I travel on in my dreams. Seriously, just a few nights ago, I "visited" a city (Which I conspicuously remember as being referred to as "Chicago") which I hadn't been to in a dream for years! and yet, I still remember exactly the street I was on from the other dream that I had! I've also had the occurrence of separate dream locations making appearances in other dreams, by way of traveling on a freeway or other type of transportation often. Now that I think about it, very rarely do I have a dream that is completely unique and separated from the others.

Offline Great Distance

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:11 am »
Most of my dreams tend to have something in common. For example, the distance between my old school and my house is always much shorter than it should be. There are also some locations in the town near the school that I'm pretty sure only exist in my dreams. I never visit that place in real life, so when I visit it in my dreams, all the memories I have of it seem to be dug up from previous dreams. I particularly remember one dream where I spent a whole lot of time exploring the place, looking for something. Now when I'm looking for something in the town, I'll just remember that dream, like "oh yeah, that was there", and I find it. In my dreams.

Some places, like the location of my house, seem to be constantly changing, though. Sometimes it's right where it should be, sometimes it's on an island, sometimes in a cave and sometimes it has an extra floor or something like that.

Offline Kishmond

• Ice Climber
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #1541 on: March 07, 2011, 08:58:03 am »
My dreams never have anything to do with each other. I can only ever remember one pair of recurring dreams in which I jumped through the mirror in the master bathroom to visit a spooky tower inhabited by a family of dragons. This was when I was like 6 or 7.

Although sometimes I get this weird feeling of suddenly remembering a very old dream within another dream. One that I never consciously remembered and it's impossible to tell how far back that dream occurred. Or even if it was earlier in the same night.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline munchkin5

• Boulder Dasher
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:11 am »
My dreams are never as coherent as anything described in here, but they are very intresting when they happen. Mostly though i just immediately forget them and then all i can remember is that i actually had a dream, but nothing that actually happened in it.

Offline Cobra

• Super Mario Karter
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 07, 2011, 07:11:47 pm »
I have a fictional Mall that has appeared in a handful of dreams.

Offline Yuu

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #1544 on: March 11, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »
I can usually travel from location to location or summon former people or objects in my dreams, as long as I remember them at the time.

I also have this quirky thing where I'm able to both keep dreaming while simultaneously being completely aware of the real world via my hearing.