Author Topic: Another new species: The Graspargh! Picture inside, zwhoamfg!  (Read 5815 times)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
THANK YOU OPERAGHOST FOR THE PICTURE :D

The Graspargh are a small race of humanoids from a natural satellite orbiting the planet Jurm. When first contact was made with the Graspargh, they quickly earned their name, as they leapt upon their visitors and gripped on with their oversized hands and began sinking their numerous teeth into their thighs. Although grudgingly labeled as "sapient" by most galactic governments, the only evidence of this appears to be the Graspargh's tendency of stealing bits of metal to fashion into crude knives or ripping bits of skin off other species and wearing it as a crude loin cloth. Scientists were sent to observe the Graspargh in their native habitat to observe perhaps why the Graspargh developed such sociopathic and homicidal tendencies,(stealthily, so they would not have bits of their skin ripped off) and found the most of the day, Grasparghs sit around, occasionally grunting or wheezing, untill their prey walks by, a rather common grub-like creature. They then reach out with their lanky, oversized arms, grab on, and eat the small worm. Any attempts at uplifting the Graspargh have failed, as any attempts to culture them usually end in them biting their teacher, or using the tool he is attempting to teach them to use as a weapon. Genetic modification has also failed, for the most part, as the Graspargh are quite resistant to most forms of sedative, and often escape from their cages before testing can even commence.

However, the Graspargh have entered a niche in galactic society. Even with their violent tendencies, occasionally a Graspargh will seemingly bond to a sapient being, if following him around without attempting to kill him counts. On this level, the Graspargh can seemingly be taught simple commands by his master, and as such, Graspargh are often seen in Pit Fights or as the pet of races that find it's violent, murderous behavior as "cute." It is common to see feral Graspargh swinging from street lamps in the Scion complex, perhaps the child of a famed pit fighter, or simply a violent little bastard that killed the idiot who tried to teach him tricks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:09:13 pm by Xarionis »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Another new species: The Graspargh! Picture inside, zwhoamfg!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:25:12 am »
Cool! They so funny.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:27:13 am »
Yay :D. People like it.

Offline Smem

• Mystery House Madman
  • British Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 10:27:38 am »
 :D i like that picture... a whole race feeding of one type of creature, makes me wonder what the food chain looks like  ;D
Waffles own you: Dude you hate me ='(
Smem: i hate no one
Waffles own you: what about pigeons :p
Smem: pigeons arn't one they are many

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 10:29:48 am »
:D i like that picture... a whole race feeding of one type of creature, makes me wonder what the food chain looks like  ;D

it looks like a strait line. they eat so and so, so and so reproduces, so and so babies get eaten.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 10:31:00 am »
when you make these in spore please gimme a message so i can make a whole fricken solarsystem filled with them!
Never mind your own business.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 10:35:37 am »
Their home isn't known for much ecological diversity. In fact, most of the species on the planet belong to a family of grubs. However, there are a unique insectioid like creature that flies with peculiar, rotating wings,(It looks like it has a helicopter propellor on it's back) various species of fish-like animals, and a species of large, herbivorous creatures(The grubs feed upon their droppings). However, these creatures are all intelligent enough to learn to stay out of reach of the Graspargh's arms, and the Graspargh show no interest in chasing them. However, if any of these beings were foolish enough to come close to them, the Graspargh would devour them.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 11:29:06 am »
//The Forthi extend an inviatation to the Graspargh, to join the DUP (see the thread for more details). We hope to see you there!
-Forthi Delegation, Speaker of the DUP//

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 11:30:10 am »
you people ask every one to join the DUP, the grapargh arn't even properly sapient!

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 11:37:29 am »
usually I agree with josasa but yeah, hese guys arent really a country or Empire, their like messed up pets ;D
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 11:39:23 am »
The DUP will accept any old crap  :D not like the U.S.R  ;)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 11:42:45 am »
The DUP will accept any old crap  :D not like the U.S.R  ;)

That's why you have no one in your alliance. You can't judge other creatures of you want to get people to join.
(Sorry for getting off topic on your thread...)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 11:43:45 am »
you're welcome  :P

glad i got to draw such a cool species :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 11:48:50 am »
these are quite cool

(and the fact my alliance has only been around a few hours might have somthing to do with it)

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 12:02:54 pm »
U.S.R. , DUP kiss and make up. I like both of the groups and both advance the Kangorian veiw n life.

Also, me like the new creature, its mouth is so awsomely freaky. It looks like something from warhammer
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.