Author Topic: The Random QUOTE Bonanza!  (Read 101392 times)

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
Re: The Random QUOTE Bonanza!
« Reply #645 on: June 28, 2011, 11:40:38 am »
From the Eve Online Forums:

"Also, in space, loud noises like explosions and turret fire are EXTRA LOUD because there is no air to get in the way of the sound."-Najian

-Lego

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 29, 2011, 12:20:48 am »
when i was young (like 10 or so) i thought that way, because if you don't understand how sound waves work it sounds plausible that sound would travel farther in space because there is nothing to get in the way, but in reality, it's the exact opposite,
sound needs a physical medium in which to travel, and space being a vacuum has nothing in which sound can travel on,

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 30, 2011, 06:18:01 am »
"You have to recognize the huge difference between "arguing" by strongly stating your side, and simply trying to bludgeon the other person into silence with brutal slaps from your word-dick.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #648 on: July 08, 2011, 10:19:40 am »
Quote from: Avalon1
In this thread, name fictional guards that you feel are the worst at their jobs.

I'd have to name the Toads in Mario for countless reasons.

Quote from: Shadow Archon
Oh please, it is obvious that Princess Peach wants to be captured by Bowser and saved by the Mario Bros. for thrills. Lets see, Bowser and Peach play in multiple sport events with no problems, including their soldiers, and they have no problem with it. These worst enemies get along together just fine playing board game like activities, baseball, soccer, and whatnot.

Remember Super Mario Bros., Where toad would say, “The Princess is in another castle!”? The exit is right past him! He wasn’t being held against his will. He was there voluntarily obviously. He could have walked right out, but nope, he didn’t. More recent events have become more elaborate to fool Mario into a sense of being a hero. Remember, Bowser has technically not killed any of the Mushroom Kingdom’s inhabitants; he only kidnaps them or transforms them via magic.

Also, Bowser has kids, and there is no miss Bowser around. Either Peach has been doing something in her captivity, or Bowser actually already has a wife hidden from Mario. Since they don’t look genetically different from their father except for some quirks and that Koopas have crazy durability and the magic to come back from the dead, either fully or in a skeletal state, its obvious that she is somewhere and not dead.

Bowser is close friends with Peach, as we can see.  When the actually world or universe is threatened by an external force, he joins Mario to protect Peach. He only keeps up this tough guy visage to trick Mario into a lifetime of playing cops and robbers, just with the money replaced with people.  The Mushroom Kingdom already has gold magically appearing from nowhere, so they should have military force that is equal to the Koopa Kingdom, or even more so.

Remember, those power-ups we see Mario using?  Those are created by the Mushroom Kingdom! If they wanted to, they could arm their Toads with them! We know they are not cowards from the multiple times we see them play sports with the very same things they run from in the normal adventures, constantly! In fact, we even know that in the Super Mario RPG, that outlying Toads normally carry Bazookas as a defense against invaders. What do we see instead, the Koopa Kingdom using them.  Fire Bros. using fireflowers, Koopas using MegaStars, MicroGoombas using microshrooms, and even MegaGoombas using supershrooms. That’s right, the Mushroom Kingdom is smuggling weapons to Bowser’s armies in order to keep Princess Peach in her repeated adrenaline junkie state of being captured and saved over and over again. We already know she is magical enough to beat Bowser on her own, when she doesn’t feel like playing as we see in Super Princess Peach or Super Mario Bros. 2.

So really, Peach has trapped both Mario and Luigi into a state of perpetual hero. Eventually Mario must know that she has him like a fly trapped on a spider’s web. Constantly saving her, only having her kidnapped shortly again afterwards with no stop in sight. He even has to put up with Bowser playing with him in sponsored Mushroom Kingdom events. The very ruler that threatens him over and over again plays go-karts and golf with him every other Thursday.

This must mean one thing for this thread. Toads are not incompetent. They are doing exactly as they are ordered.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #649 on: July 08, 2011, 12:08:54 pm »
wow, that's one helluva word-dick.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #650 on: July 09, 2011, 07:40:02 am »
Indeed.

Not every person is going to like every game DnD, It may not be your kind of game.

Its like minecraft and castlevania had a baby.

That... actually makes a terrifying amount of sense.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 09, 2011, 10:48:20 am »
Trying to seduce your computer won't make you a better programmer. Believe me, I've tried.
~Martyk
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

gec05

« Reply #652 on: July 14, 2011, 08:02:51 pm »
Whenever I hear the word "orientation" I imagine a fat white guy shuddering & morphing into a tiny Asian woman.

holy **** I'm filled with blood!

There are some things you can't unsmell.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 19, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »
After one argument on AH.com...

And this is why I am not on the debate team.

What are you talking about? You'd be perfect.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #654 on: September 05, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »
"Now we live in an amazing, amazing world. And it's wasted on the crappiest generation of spoiled idiots that don't care." -Louis C.K.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #655 on: September 05, 2011, 03:49:04 pm »
That was a great video! He rocks.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 26, 2011, 12:58:47 pm »
"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!" - Captain Wild Bill Kelso

-Lego

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #657 on: September 26, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »
*glares at Flisch*

*mouths "this isn't over"*

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10:46 am »
In summation, if you’re in a survival situation, the only thing you need to know about a spotted owl is that it tastes like chicken - M4040

http://www.m4040.com/Survival/Mother%20Nature.htm

-Lego

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 10, 2011, 01:59:24 pm »
Thats basically what bugged me about Avatar.

Its a crappy parable to be aiming at us because unlike Pandora, out planet is innately hostile to us. Thanks to their amazing circle of life nature magic, the Navi never seem to suffer from ill health or food shortages. With their total lack of scientific knowledge they should constantly be dying of things like rotten teeth or asthma.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.