Author Topic: The UFO  (Read 21584 times)

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Masterharper, Planeswalker
    • View Profile
Re: The UFO
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 08:32:48 am »
You could uplift a species then they would develop their own UFO and amazing technologies. Then they would smack you around. ;_;

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 08:44:38 am »
I wonder how the AI will handle UFOs or if they will even use them. They seem to be a creative tool for the user more than anything.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 08:46:41 am »
Then the AI probably won't have them I'd think. I think its YOUR tool for exploration.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 08:53:38 am »
Could be, but why shouldn't they be able to get UFOs. Even if it's just for the travel/war/colonization uses of it. Sure they probably won't abduct our cretures and perform bizzare experiments on them, although if they did *shudder* What kind of things would an AI capable of making a 35-legged creature walk want to do to my poor darlings.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 09:04:13 am »
Probably something simple, like make them miniature and step on them.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 09:12:50 am »
What else? Enslave them and have them make shoes. LOTS AND LOTS OF SHOES!!!

Offline Quantum

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • "I'm just a bean trying to get some sleep..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 01:27:19 pm »
From the description of the "T shaped goal structure" it sounds like once you get to the UFO stage and buy (upgrade) the needed technologies, you could climb back down the "T" and go back to the evolution phase with one of these new creatures you've found.

Plus, it sounds like once you hit the UFO phase, the mini-games will be the primary focus.  More than likely, a lot of these mini-games will be simply replaying earler stages (like I mentioned above).

And, if you bring another race up to sentience, you'll probably have the option like in the Sims to take that new race and use it to CONQUER your old one...  ;D
--Quantum

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 01:30:05 pm »
I'm thinking this game will be a lot smoother than what you're making it out to be. The only reason it seemed to jump from one stage to another in the demo is cause Will just didn't have the time he needed to play through all of it, so he jumped forward once he gave us a taste of each of the primary sections. What mini-games would you be talking about?

Offline Quantum

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2005, 02:01:31 pm »
Well, there was reference to the "Abduction" mini-game and the "Close-Encounters" mini-game.

For some reason, all these reference have got me thinking of a version of Mario Party on crack once you hit the UFO stage.

Not that such a game would be bad......
--Quantum

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2005, 02:04:26 pm »
I think by mini-game he just meant you could use your UFO to go steal other creatures and do what you will with them. The musical thing might be a technology you can research to help you communicate with other planets. There's one thing in the universe that's constant and it's Math, music is based on math, and so both can be used as an intergalactic language.

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2005, 02:11:06 pm »
From the description of the "T shaped goal structure" it sounds like once you get to the UFO stage and buy (upgrade) the needed technologies, you could climb back down the "T" and go back to the evolution phase with one of these new creatures you've found.

Plus, it sounds like once you hit the UFO phase, the mini-games will be the primary focus. More than likely, a lot of these mini-games will be simply replaying earler stages (like I mentioned above).

And, if you bring another race up to sentience, you'll probably have the option like in the Sims to take that new race and use it to CONQUER your old one... ;D
Or you could cross-breed the two and make your race that much closer to perfection.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2005, 02:13:34 pm »
Or you unleash a horrible genetic misfit that has no other choice but to take out it's misplaced aggresion on the being(You) that created it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 10:33:43 pm by Scipion »

Offline Quantum

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2005, 02:15:17 pm »
Or you unleash a horrible genetic misfit that has no other choice but to take out it's misplaced aggresion on the beinng that created it.

Is it sad or evil that my personal bent is more towards this type of story-line.

Because let's remember, the Sims was best played as a tool for helping you create your own storys, and I think Spores will be the same way.
--Quantum

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2005, 02:26:38 pm »
Or you unleash a horrible genetic misfit that has no other choice but to take out it's misplaced aggresion on the beinng that created it.
>_>
<_<
>_>
<_<
What?
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2005, 10:34:04 pm »
I noticed I messed that up, it's fixed now.