Author Topic: The UFO  (Read 21572 times)

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
The UFO
« on: March 18, 2005, 07:37:17 am »
I was wondering what type of different things you could do with the UFO. I read that you could abduct other creatures, transport whole cities, wage war with other planets. But could you like abduct a creature and than edit it, kinda like performing experiments on it or something similar. Everyone else feel free crop up some ideas about the UFO.

-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Masterharper, Planeswalker
    • View Profile
Re: The UFO
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 07:40:24 am »
Well I just wonder how you advance once you have the UFO. Is there a little research screen? Because on the Podcast he said Wright said something like, "Well at this stage...I have another weapon developed thats better than those other weapons I was using." Then he blew up the planet. So do you do all kinds of research in the UFO?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 07:42:59 am »
That's a good one. Maybe the level of your UFO depends on the the civilization of the planet including what types of weapons and other stuff it can do.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Masterharper, Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 07:50:34 am »
Yeah, that makes sense. You just have to spur your civilization on to greater research, then its all loaded up onto the UFO.

Offline craigp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Perkwiki
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 07:57:30 am »
Having been at the session: Will Wright clearly said something about 'earning money to buy new technologies'.

-Craig

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 08:04:26 am »
How exactly do you earn money if your species is the dominant on the planet? Or is this when intergalactic diplomacy comes in?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 08:04:44 am »
I believe that you will need to upgrade and improve your UFO with new technologies. I also mentioned that in the presentation that he mentioned that eventually you will get the technology to teraform planets and build colonies. He also showed us the “Genesis Device” if you remember which transformed the planet from a pile of rock into a green, living world in a matter of seconds.

So yes you will need to continuously upgrade and improve your UFO with newer and newer technologies (i.e. the interstellar drive).
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 08:07:15 am »
heh, they should buy the rights to "G.E.C.K." that would be sweet  :D

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 02:42:28 pm »
I wonder if you can loose the ufo tech.
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline craigp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Perkwiki
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 02:48:54 pm »
You can definitely loose the technology: we saw him unleash volcanic mountains and even BLOW UP a planet.

Or did you mean lose? I doubt it - none of his games to date have let you lose technology.

-Craig

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 03:03:47 pm »
I can't believe I still don't have that word down. I have all these plaques and certificates on the wall claiming I am smart and yet I still can't spell lose. I have always misspelled it loose. I think when I was in 1st grade I got it right on a spelling test. That was only because it was luck. lol Sorry for the misspell.
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline craigp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
    • Perkwiki
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 03:18:25 pm »
When I first read it, I really thought you meant to use the word 'loose'. Too much 'loosing the dogs of war' on my part. :)

-Craig

Offline Fishysquisher

• Atari Combat Vet
  • WHAT HAPPEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 04:23:45 pm »
UFO is a content creation, collection and editing tool. Play the abduction game. Fly around sucking up content, on your own world, as well as from worlds made by other players. Abduct one of the creatures that was chasing us before, to get even. Perform genetic experiments on the life forms you pick up. Put them back or relocate them to other worlds.

Taken from here: http://www.donhopkins.com/home/WillWrightSporeDemo.html
TBA

Offline Huasat

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 05:31:33 pm »
As one report said, when you get into space-exploration it's possible to cross-breed aliens from other worlds with your own species (which was compared to the X-Files) or 'uplift' them (i.e turn non-sentient creatures into sentient ones, ala 2001: A Space Odyssey).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 05:58:58 pm by Hazhar »

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 07:14:26 pm »
Oh, wow. Thanks for the input. Especially the "uplifting" that will be interesting!