Poll

Do you want Hydro to keep drawing his creatures?

Yes
46 (76.7%)
No
2 (3.3%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
I don't care either way.
6 (10%)
Who are you again?
6 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Why?  (Read 7610 times)

Offline Sporeman

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 11:23:03 pm »
*Jumps out of nowhere and grabs Hydro by the floots*

STAY HYDRO WE NEED THE NAUCEANS

*reads earlier post*

... heheh... nevermind
first the Eeleon system tommorow... another system with a different name

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 01:13:21 am »
**joins the tackling of hydro** I have no idea why those chuckleheads said that i thought the creature poll was a good idea to see what type of creatures the community liked!

you're a talented artist and we're very lucky to have you on this board. Obviously some people just don't appreciated what they had until they lost it.  >:(

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 02:03:23 am »
*Screams and reaches hand out as Hydro falls into the abyss*
DON'T GO HYDRO... don't go..... don't go....don't go...don't go... don't go....
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 05:02:36 am »
Okay mr Hydromancer, first things first, i love your creatures, and your art is really truly inspiring, but dont you think you take this whole thing a little bit too serious. I mean its the internet obiously you will get insulted or called egomanic by someone, that just happens in the world of bits and bites. I think you act a little childish by locking all your threads. Not everyone will like you in life, how harsh it may sound. Anyways, as for me, i like your art and would like you to stay in the forums, and to all the fan-boys that will curse me out: Lol ever heard an opinion
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 05:11:32 am »
And I know this goes without saying, but I was tempted to insult GrrrAaagh. Don't people. His ignorance is a bad thing, but don't go starting a flame war.
Saying I'm ignorant is insulting. Nice of you to try and sneak that one in there though.

There's a difference between a deliberate insult and pointing out the ugly truth. I could have used many words, I could have insulted you in many ways, and I think anyone who knows me well enough knows that I had a very hard time trying not to. The word ignorant indicates no lack of intelligence capacity, just a lack of knowledge and/or tact, common sense, or some other important thing related to intelligence. You seem to have no tact, no common sense, and in my opinion, you have no taste either.

As to what you say, all you EVER seem to do is complain. You insult people, you point out faults, you cause trouble. I am pretty sure that no one here likes you at this point.

Anyway, I'll stop before I start insulting you...

P.S. Detox, you have every right to say that, but doesn't that mean Hydro has every right to lock his boards in response to an insult? Fair is fair right?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 05:13:37 am by Axelgear »
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 06:45:11 am »
Hydro -

You are probably one of the most well known members on GS. You have recieved honors by getting noticed by Will Wright himself, getting an invitation to E3 and to meet him. Of course people look up to you and want to emulate you. To stop making creatures and locking your threads is going to hurt no one but yourself. You know the EA team looks at your work and they're probably keeping an eye on you. Why shoot yourself in the foot over what? A few bad comments? You draw because you like it. You've inspired alot of people to draw and make creatures. Thats alot to be proud of.  Open your threads and continue to do what you do.  Don't worry about what anyone says, concentrate on what you like to do. You'll probably have the most downloaded creatures of anyone here when the game actually comes out. While we may have almost 2000 members, remember there are thousands more that lurk as guests.

Now, go draw and be creative.  :)

*and before I go.. everyone needs to stop the insults.. even it its meant as a joke, its hard to get the meaning in typed words*

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 07:51:29 am »
Hydro -

You are probably one of the most well known members on GS. You have recieved honors by getting noticed by Will Wright himself, getting an invitation to E3 and to meet him. Of course people look up to you and want to emulate you. To stop making creatures and locking your threads is going to hurt no one but yourself. You know the EA team looks at your work and they're probably keeping an eye on you. Why shoot yourself in the foot over what? A few bad comments? You draw because you like it. You've inspired alot of people to draw and make creatures. Thats alot to be proud of. Open your threads and continue to do what you do. Don't worry about what anyone says, concentrate on what you like to do. You'll probably have the most downloaded creatures of anyone here when the game actually comes out. While we may have almost 2000 members, remember there are thousands more that lurk as guests.

Now, go draw and be creative. :)

*and before I go.. everyone needs to stop the insults.. even it its meant as a joke, its hard to get the meaning in typed words*
Couldn't have said it better myself.  :)

What will you do?

Offline Zneeezzz

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
SV: Why?
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 08:24:53 am »
LoL you can't lock your threads hydro, your the reason I still browse this forums, and the creature editor, and the spore info that sometimes pop up. and you keep me away from the other creatures on the board who are not as interesting as yours

werechicken

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 08:47:07 am »
I'm not going to do a gushing plea for you too stay Hydro as that would be totally out of charactor for me, I will say that you are perhaps one of the most well known figures in the forums after the mods and Steve. Also the amount of effort you actually put into your creatures is apparent, stay only if you want to, but if you leave allot of people will probably miss you.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 09:43:00 am »
All I've got to say is that Hydro, you're one of the main reasons I came here.  I was looking for a spore forum that had members with alot of imagination and the ability to show it through pictures and drawings.  You and a few others are those people that can do that very well.  In the other forum I had been a part of, I was one of the only ones who could draw(no offense Josasa) and it just got boring.  So, I for one would like you to stay and you already said you are, so thats great!

Offline chaosandwalls

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Opening a new can of spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 10:54:19 am »
Hydro, i think you should stay because you have great talent and hugely contribute to the mass of art on this forum. Also you are great to talk to and finnally, I want to know more about Nauceans. More info. Now. More info! GIMME MORE INFO NOW!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, how would you feel if you typed up a post saying " I'm going forever" and switched of your comp

*Reads previous posts*
Yay!
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 11:16:14 am »

There's a difference between a deliberate insult and pointing out the ugly truth. I could have used many words, I could have insulted you in many ways, and I think anyone who knows me well enough knows that I had a very hard time trying not to. The word ignorant indicates no lack of intelligence capacity, just a lack of knowledge and/or tact, common sense, or some other important thing related to intelligence. You seem to have no tact, no common sense, and in my opinion, you have no taste either.

As to what you say, all you EVER seem to do is complain. You insult people, you point out faults, you cause trouble. I am pretty sure that no one here likes you at this point.

Anyway, I'll stop before I start insulting you...

Care to back your claims with a little hard evidence? I don't think I've ever insulted anyone, at least not intentionally. Though I do have a habit of speaking my mind and as you put it "pointing out the ugly truth". I do like to argue, and a lot of my statements are rather sardonic in nature. I know it's often difficult to decipher things like tone through written words, but I usually try to make it clear when I'm serious and when I'm not. Since I've been around this place nearly a year longer than you I figure most the regulars are a little better at judging my character. Whether anyone actually likes me or not I couldn't say. Maybe the majority of the board hates me and mostly ignores me on purpose. Maybe there's some semblance of unspoken respect. Maybe I should start a poll.  ;)
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 11:17:02 am »
lol i wanna say im leaving now too, just to see what people say :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 11:52:46 am »
Oh great! You've started another fad Hydro!  :D
(No offence.  :) )

What will you do?

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 12:40:08 pm »
Hydro, you're what made me stop lurking and actually post my creature! You draw so well!
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD