Author Topic: Cloning Clyde  (Read 2355 times)

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Cloning Clyde
« on: July 20, 2006, 02:16:43 pm »
I just played the demo on XBLA and it was freaking awesome!  I loved turning into a chicken hybrid and flying.  I'm 90% sure I'm gonna buy this game  ;D Anyone else try/buy it?

Offline 7LES

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Cloning Clyde
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 03:54:55 pm »
I got the demo. its defiantly not for me, i find the humor in it very annoying. flying chiken? maybe i missed something.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:59:50 pm »
I played it and thought it just plaing sucked. It looks like crap, I found nothing that could even be considered funny, it was pretty boring, and generally didnt seem innovative at all. Not buying.

Offline Super Famicom

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • TheDigitalGamer.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 11:05:27 am »
I didn't take to it either - the colours are really dull, control is awkward and as I'm playing New Super Mario Bros and LocoRoco, this low-budget platformer never really had a chance...

I expect I'll prefer Galaga next Wednesday though!
My blog: TheDigitalGamer.com - now with forums and The Game Club

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 03:06:57 pm »
When I was playing I only ran into one kind of enemy, the puzzles were to simple, and it wasn't much of a challenge to go from point A to point B. SO yeah I'm in the not buying it camp. Uber fragger let us know if it gets any better.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 09:08:29 pm »
When I was playing I only ran into one kind of enemy, the puzzles were to simple, and it wasn't much of a challenge to go from point A to point B. SO yeah I'm in the not buying it camp. Uber fragger let us know if it gets any better.

Well I liked it, I bought the game and I can see how it may be to simple for some and I'm not saying its the greatest game in the world.  Things are set up to be a little to easy and you pretty much can't die but it can be real fun.  I like the game and its a good game to play for the fun of it.  Theres not much challenge because you can beat the game very easily, but collecting everything and rescuing the clones and getting the par time is seperate from beating the level.  Splicing your DNA with creatures like monkeys and frogs is hilarious but they seem a little to easy to do.  Your given the animal and you place it on the pad and then you splice.  Theres almost no challenge in it and the "puzzles" where you have to have your clones sit on switches or something aren't really difficult at all, but I didn't mind it because I was still having a good time playing.  The game gets pretty hard towards the ending levels but if you didn't like the demo or the way the puzzles and stuff were set up you won't like the full game.

Multiplayer looks promising to.  I've only played it once but it was a blast.  You can do versus and co-op with up to 4 ppl.  I only played it 2 ppl in versus and you basically half to attack the other team's (blue or green) security machines and you use your clones to prevent the other team to attacking your machines.  You do this by making them stand on buttons and other stuff.  I haven't tried co-op yet though.  The achievments are easy and this is a nice game to play if you want a break from hard and competitive games.  If you liked the demo you'll love the full game, but everyone else can pass this one up.

So theres my little mini-review thing ;)  I enjoyed it and if anyone esle does buy it then I'd be happy to play some multiplayer ;D

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 09:14:26 pm »
I haven't played Cloning Clyde that much, but I've played all the other games coming out on XBLA. Galaga was awesome, Street Fighter is going to crash the Xbox Live network (not really, but that game is going to sell a freaking ton when it comes out in a few weeks ... oh yeah, and it plays like butter), and Pac Man was pretty good, but I had a little bit if an issue with the controls. The pad worked better than the joystick for Pac Man, but it was solid. I'll talk about them all in my next podcast.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 10:40:11 pm »
thanks for the mini review uber
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 11:02:48 pm »
I haven't played Cloning Clyde that much, but I've played all the other games coming out on XBLA. Galaga was awesome, Street Fighter is going to crash the Xbox Live network (not really, but that game is going to sell a freaking ton when it comes out in a few weeks ... oh yeah, and it plays like butter), and Pac Man was pretty good, but I had a little bit if an issue with the controls. The pad worked better than the joystick for Pac Man, but it was solid. I'll talk about them all in my next podcast.

:o When you played SF did they let you try it online?

thanks for the mini review uber

No prob ;)

Offline Super Famicom

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • TheDigitalGamer.com
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 02:08:25 am »

I just hope SFII has been callibrated to work well with the clunky Xbox 360 d-pad (the only feature that lets the pad down IMO) - if the specials can't be performed reliably, the game is gonna be very frustrating.

If the supply of retro games continues to accelerate onto XBLA, a bespoke Wii-style retro-friendly joypad would be nice...

My blog: TheDigitalGamer.com - now with forums and The Game Club