Poll

Do want a seperate forum just for RPing in?

YES!
No
I don't care

Author Topic: RP Forum  (Read 5944 times)

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
RP Forum
« on: July 19, 2006, 08:25:01 pm »
I know other people have brought up how RPing is taking over and that some people are against it.  I'm not really against it even though I've recently decided not to take much of a role in it.  I just noticed that this has gone from the "Creation Corner" to the "Roleplaying Room."  Isn't this forum about creature, vehicle, planet and civilization ideas?  I know RPs are good fun and I'm not saying you should all just stop but maybe we should get a seperate forum for RPing I mean it seems that everyone who has creature ideas and such now is mostly getting ignored because their posts keep getting bumbed down due to RP threads.  The only way to get recognized now is to start RPing in one of the alliances or make your own.  Again, I'm not against RPing I'd just like to see it done in a way that makes the non-RP threads more noticeable and therefore given more attention.  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 06:14:16 am by nuclearchinchila »

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
<- For my opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 08:26:26 pm »
That's a good idea. I'm for it.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: RP Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 08:35:57 pm »
I remeber suggesting this a week or three back, everyone ignored it. Anyway that would be good. now if the mod's would get off their- I mean come off vacation and do it.
I'm for it for a diffrent reason, the RP'S would stay alive a lot easier if this ever happens. Only problem is there have to be new rules on distinction, and if you don't want to RP (I do but....) then how will they know? PM's?

What will you do?

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 08:53:02 pm »
That sounds like a good idea. It would help out new creature creators a lot, and make things generally better to look at.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

gec05

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 10:40:11 pm »
Yeah, I'm sick of seeing RPs mixed with "My New Creature" at every other thread.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 10:46:26 pm »
good idea, im all for it.
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 10:50:39 pm »
I'll place a vote here.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 03:59:21 am »
And so the forum begins its third transmutation. Actually not a bad idea, I've scarcely had the time to keep up with new creature creations or any of the RPs lately, but they'd be better to read if they were better organized.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 06:15:26 am »
Alright I added a poll.  Everyone vote your opinion!

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 06:17:34 am »
I voted yes.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 09:01:38 am »
i'm all for it but one question,it will be put in the spore area right,becuase i have seen some rp's outside the spore forum(very little like two),so besides spore rp's it might get regular ones also,and that might mess it up
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 09:54:27 am »
i'm all for it but one question,it will be put in the spore area right,becuase i have seen some rp's outside the spore forum(very little like two),so besides spore rp's it might get regular ones also,and that might mess it up

I don't know which category it would go under seeing as I don't have the power to make it.  I'd hope that the RP thread was made under Spore to keep things running smoothly and lessen the confusion of any newbies who would come across it.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 09:54:58 am »
I voted yes but, I just want to say the RP'ing is what makes the creation corner fun. I mean its kinda like a multiplayer game of Spore. Plus, its something interesting to do while waiting for the real thing to come out.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 09:56:14 am »
I voted yes but, I just want to say the RP'ing is what makes the creation corner fun. I mean its kinda like a multiplayer game of Spore. Plus, its something interesting to do while waiting for the real thing to come out.

it was fun before everyone started rp'ing, too

just sayin'
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 09:59:05 am »
it was fun before everyone started rp'ing, too

just sayin'

I agree with Operaghost, even tho I wasn't here before the RPing.  Creation corner would be tons of fun without RPs if it was just a bunch of creative ideas and pictures, you don't need long expansive stories to keep things interesting(well at least I don't).  After all the Creation Corner is for Creations and although RPs can result in creations, they're more of a form of writing stories or playing a game not creating something.