Author Topic: Kendra - My new Race  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
Kendra - My new Race
« on: July 18, 2006, 06:47:18 pm »
Thanks to the creature editor i can finally visualize my many creations. Thanks.
Anyways this is a Kendra:

The Average kendra is 9 ft tall, and weighs between 200-260 pounds. The Kendra are an omnivoric, social race. They evolved from bug-like species that fed on berries, and dead meat. They used to use poison to hunt, hence the colouration, but the Kendra as a race lost this feat as they did not need poison to hunt anymore. The red colouration also faded slightly. Kendra lay eggs, and the period of growth takes 20-25 weeks and the newly born Kendra know imediatly how to walk. The rest must be learned:P. The Kendra, unlike earth bugs, are made of hardened skin and bones. The "Bugs" from planet Zirtus do not have exoskeletons therefore they can grow big sizes. The newlyborn are fed and nurtured by the whole tribe, in later ages by neighborhoods. This behaviour derives from early protection colonies. Through this procedure the Kendra soon develop a sense for the community.

During tribal times the Kendra soon developed different technologies that would later on to the society they now possess. For one they invented the Illinrattle, a rattle made of dried berries and skins of animals sewed together. This early musical instrument gave them a true understanding of music rather soon, nowadays most of their diplomatic actions, campaigns, and cultural events are proceeded with music. E.G: When two nations meet they first hold a musical scenery to show their wants and needs for the diplomatic mission. The second greater invention they made was domestication of Kivlin.

Kivlin were used for various things, but their two main uses were Hunting, as their snouts were very sensitive to different scents, and they were used to ride on. This riding ability gave the Kendra the possibility to quickly find other Kendra Tribes and diplomacy was soon invented and refined to the extreme. Nowadays Kendra are political masters. They know all finesses of the Diplomatic arts.

During tribal times the Kivlin were assigned to different employments. Next to the allarround job of nurturing the young of course. Some were send to hunt, some to gather berries, others took care of the Kivlins, and some others were the ruling body of shamans. Shamans were gatherers of a special breed. They used special herbs, and little animals to hallucinate. These Messages from the Starpeople would give them aid in matters of diplomacy, or for the good of the tribe. To every shaman session, one would take place every three month, the Kendra would create a new symphony, a new song, for their new mission or illumination brought by the Starpeople. This early religion evolved later on to the Nowadays relgion of Fatah. But for now lets speak of the tribals.
Since there arent many metals found on Zirtus, the Kendra werent able to shape powerful tools, nor weapons for a long time. That is until they found the universal Herb of Silin. Silin is an herb that becomes harder then the best plated titanium if its dried and then mixed with sand, water, and Kendra blood. Yes, you heard right, Kendra blood has a special protein that can only be found in animals of their species. This protein speeds up, and fortifies the process of the Silin hardening. The Kendra started to settle as soon as this material was found, as they could now build strong buildings. Silin was also the first farmed crop. Silin is still used today, as it can also be eaten. Luckily if you cook it for 2 hours it cant harden anymore, and as it has many minerals, vitamins, and fats that are good for the Kendra it became one of the main dishes in Kendra culture.

OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

TheNecromonicon

Re: Kendra - My new Race
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 07:01:59 pm »
Whoa... lots of writing... and yet... I like it! Please continue :D

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:54:34 am »
Some Facts on Kendra:
The Average Modern Kendra likes to indulge in religious or political debates with their neighborhood mates. They derrive their whole day arround these two parts of Kendra society but usually these debates are masoned by musical acts and performances of trancelike chants. The Modern Kendra Religion, after they travelled the stars, became surrounded by the Starpeople even more. Prophet Kilran Kisami, a former spacetraveller, found many "faces" on different planets and moons. Those "faces" do exist in forms of mountains and rivers, but as the average Kendra likes to indulge into Halluzinogenics, he saw them moving and talking to them. Kilran Kisami soon stated the sacred rules that surround the Starpeople mithology.
Rule 1: One may not destroy, nor litter, a blessed Planet. (He means planets with "faces" on them.
Rule 2: One may not destroy a fellow Kendra, or another intelligent specimen from a blessed planet
Rule 3: One may not destroy oneself, every Kendra is a replication of the starpeople
Rule 4: One may not be undiplomatic, or rude to another Starblessed specimen (includes Kendra, but mainly affects different other races)
Rule 5: One must honour the Starpeople by giving them sacrifices (This can mean fasting, but also paying money to the Kendra Houses of Worships.
Rule 6: One may only crossbreed with a blessed specimen (Xenophility is accepted, sometimes encouraged but only to races that evolved on a planet with a "face"
Rule 7: Unblessed races have to be avoided, but cannot be treated ill. (They are unlucky look down to them)
Rule 8: One must honour Jirkan the Sundaughter (no one really understands this rule to this very day, it is a product of Kilran Kisami's Imagination. It is believed that Jirkan was a woman that appeared to him in his trips)
Rule 9: One must be wise

These rules are presented to the Kendra and depending on the planet and area they are they are applied and punished differently. However this religion created a great unity amongst the Kendra, as different tribes had their own beliefs on the starpeople. After Kilran Kisamis prophecies they mostly converted quickly. Theres only few scattered cities and tribes that follow a different belief set. Other races are welcome to join this faith but they must come from a blessed planets. Even though Kendra are open to other races more then many they tend to be racist against non-blessed people.

Since this modern religion changed, and shaped society of Kendra they soon developed a new caste of special Priests. The Gut-Inid, or seechers, are spacetravelling Missionaries and explorers. They are the ones that accept new planets as blessed, and they decide what race can be considered blessed as well. The Gut-Inid state a high class in Kendra society as only the best priests can become one, but they do not take ruling power. The Kendra are ruled completely democratic. They have different vote sets as they are very political. They have neighborhood votes, municipal votes, regional votes, planetary votes, and universal votes. The campaigns are very tricky and put awe to the bystanding races as they are very complex.

There are three political parties that usually take power. There are other parties but they usually are not voted into a high office. Exceptions state the rule however.

The Zif-Maaht: The Zif-Maaht are very conservative, religious people that care for the wealth of all beings. They usually tend to be more introversed leaders that try to shape, and better the Kendras beings. They strongly fight against contacts with unblessed races and are sometimes scorned by more liberal Kendra for their closemindedness as one of the sacred rules states that one must accept even the unblessed.

The Uni-Doon: The Uni-Doon is a very expansionist party. They usually want to create new contracts with other races, as they believe that universal trade and diplomacy will lead to a greater good. They sometimes forget to take care of Kendra politics, but recently they tried to reshape their image by promising, new job opportunities in spacefare, merchantship, and diplomacy. They are not as conservative but they still avoid contact with unblessed races.

The Fir-Puhtan: The Fir-Puhtan can be considered the most liberal parties. They are a balanced mixture of Zif-Maaht inner political strength and Uni-Doon diplomacy. However they are (in)famous for their contacts, and diplomacy with unblessed races. In liberal circles this is seen very positively, however the more conservative Kendra see this Fir-Puhtan Party as rather arrousing if not threatening.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 01:13:03 pm »
:( are they that boring or are people too lazy to read:(

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 01:14:00 pm »
More like too lazy to post, I'm reading.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 01:16:28 pm »
Perhaps, since you're using the CE.2, you could add more pictures. I've found the CE is very maluable, you can create basic symbols/flags/avatars, and simple clothes if you try hard enough (really hard tho).

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 01:17:05 pm »
No, they are very intresting, but it just seems lame to keep saying the same thing in every single thread, but as for these I have a good idea for later.

What will you do?

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 01:28:04 pm »
No, they are very intresting, but it just seems lame to keep saying the same thing in every single thread, but as for these I have a good idea for later.
Cool cant wait
And to Necromonicon: Ill try it out later. ;)

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 01:35:20 pm »
As soon as I figure out how it could happen, then I'll be able to set it up. (More info in a PM in a few hours.)

What will you do?

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 02:02:36 pm »
This is the plant Tujil, its main use is to hallucinate but it can also be used in medicine:

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 06:10:35 pm »
The Kendra, as they are highly intelligent beings, were also pretty good scientists until the day they became spacetravellers. Even though they still have scientific researches on their own they usually gain new technologies by diplomatic means. However, the Kendra are very good in medicine-research, especially natural one. As their culture used many herbs for many uses they created castes of scientists solely on the purpose to study, and to enhance those uses. The clone labs of Delok, the Zirtus moon, have a great variety of different herbs, and plants cloned, and grown in those premises. The herbs were gained by the travelling scientists who Cartograph the galaxy. Through their knowledge of medicine they also test their herbs on different races as they want to see how the different races body works. They mapped the biostructure of many different races, including intelligent ónes that were stated as blessed.

Research in other areas is rather slow but steady.  Recent breakthroughs in the field of Loophole physics allowed the Kendra to build many gates arround the different planets. Through these gates it became fairly easy to travel to other Kendra colonies and to exchange their cultures. The Kendra engineers, and high ranks, speak for universal Gates for different races but governments are still splitted about future projects in that field.

Kendra weaponry could be considered rather weak, and underdeveloped. That is not because of lack of conflict on the Kendra planets, but to the fact that they prefer diplomacy. However, the Kendra do possess several warships that are used for protection only. So far at least. Kendra bioweaponry is rather powerful, unsurprisingly.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 06:18:50 pm »
ooc: since josasa is gone i'll do this :D

// On behalf on the Kangorian Empire and DUP we extend an invatation to join DUP. You can ask any questions you have for us on the DUP thread and we hope to hear from you soon.//
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 04:46:16 am »
The Kendra also have dark history. When they first developed the religion of Kilran Kisami and travelled the stars they soon found an unblessed planet. On its grounds lived a group of medieval beings known now as the Martyrs. They were considered unblessed and threfore they were attacked by a militaristic group of Kendra. The battles were more of a butchery against the Martyrs as the Kendra used their rather advanced Spikeguns (basically gattlings that use hardened thorns as ammo). The Martyrs soon were completely eradicated but only 1 year later a face was found on the Martyr homeplanet. From that day on the Kendra decided to first really check a planet before you can attack other beings. It strengthened rule 7 of the religion too.

This is a martyr:
Nowadays Martyrs are almost legrendary and are always given as an example of how not to act when you meet new races.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 11:57:13 am »
lol... how original... the martyrs.

normally this stuff would get blammed but it's just too funny.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 04:33:39 pm »
lol... how original... the martyrs.

normally this stuff would get blammed but it's just too funny.
They are called the martyrs for the lack of a real name. As they were destroyed so quickly they never got to say it:P

Glad you like my race