Author Topic: Firefox, better?  (Read 1732 times)

7 who ate 9

Firefox, better?
« on: July 16, 2006, 07:32:18 pm »
So, I just got back from film camp (as some of you know) and while I was gone my computer got fixed (some of you know how screwed it was). The viruses are gone and same with the spyware, and when I heard we got Firefox instead of internet explorer I literally jumped for joy, but some weird things have been going on. First off all, my PC is going very slow when you open open the internet, like it toke me about ten minutes to log into AIM, once I got on I need to get onto Firefox, which also took sometime. Once I got on it took my some time to get used to the new layout, all off my bookmarks are in ABC order, that isn't bad just not easy to get used to. Then I came here. First of all, I came here in Gabby, my name was gabber 234 or something, I knew that I would need to reset my name, it didn't come as a shock or anything. My I couldn't change my name. Then I realized that no one's avatars were showing up, so I tried leaving Gabby. Only Flamsters avatar work, and it was just one of his post that had an avatar. So then I made this post. It took a couple of minutes for the smileyfaces to load. So, what to do?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Firefox, better?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 07:34:52 pm »
What did they do to "fix" your computer?

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 08:41:08 pm »
What did they do to "fix" your computer?
Good question.
Assuming they (whomever that is) didn't format, I'd say you're in dire need of one.

c14dude

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 09:11:27 pm »
yeah sounds like something else is sucking up your bandwidth

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:25:52 am »
yeah sounds like something else is sucking up your bandwidth

the bandwidth bandits!!!
Never mind your own business.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:30:07 am »
Do you use wireless? If you do, make sure to secure it. You wont believe how many nuts dont secure their own wireless internet.