Author Topic: tyronians, the trader species  (Read 7625 times)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
tyronians, the trader species
« on: July 14, 2006, 11:39:04 am »

basics
tyronians, a trader species that although sentient has a low population due to the fact that there ivory is extremely hard and can be molded easily. this makes them very high on the intergalactic hit list and very wary of its customers. they have a limited grasp on technology up to that the only knowledge of what they are selling they have is what the price is. they usually hire alien body guards and messangers because they rarely leave the confines of the store. they are also very clever pricers and good hagglers so they spend the minimum and sell for the maximum. this makes them some of the richest of all of the alien species but also the lowest in population. they have a foot with a curved claw which they used for defending themselves when they were non-sentient. they have somewhat large brains around the size of a coconut. they have thick whiskers that they use like a cats, they have average strength and strong crushing teeth which they use to feed on grut fruit. grut fruit is the least expensive of any food that you can buy in a tyronian market, its cheap for the fact that it is quite common and does not spoil for a time after picked. it tastes somewhat of mangos mixed with the juiciness of watermelons. they sell other foods but the tyronians themselves rarely eat anything other than grut fruit because it is not only nutritious but it has a chemical that works like caffeine, they basically like the sensation.

they are about 4 ft tall and very clever. they have crushing and spiky teeth. they use the spiky teeth in the wild like a bluff, they snarl and bear there teeth in an aggressive stance. but in reality the teeth are too fragile to be used in combat. the crushing teeth are used to break the grut fruits hard shell, but when market became the major trade in the culture, they sold them without the shell to other species to make a greater profit.

homes and culture
tyronian markets are like a series of booths. they are all arranged alphabetically by what they sell because they are so extremely huge, sometimes spanning the size of rhode island, that people have gone missing in the inner workings. some species of common alien come here for easy work as taxis, taking people from one place or another in the vast store. as i said before they are very little in population, yet they have huge markets with thousands of tyronians. the reason this is possible is because as i said, they almost never leave home. this is why they have huge markets. they never left there home planet. one thing i did not mention is that these booths also act as homes, so the very richest of them can have booths that can be as much as 5 stories tall and a football field in length. behind every stand is a home, big and small in every shape and size, these homes serve as the base of operations for the tyronians and there families.

marrage
you may ask, how do they meet another of there species if they rarely leave there stands? that is because in the tyronian culture, marrages can be like a business deal. 2 tyronians will marry and combine their business's for greater profit, they will have children and continue the family business so when they become old and unfit for work, the children continue to sell items and make more money.

home planet
the planet tynosina is the home planet of the tyronians. their home planet is mostly rainforest. with small patches of desert around the equator.

other forms of income
the tyronians although a trader species, some have ventured into a sort of tyronian mafia. they accept offers from other species to take out another of there own. the reason that they are so successful is that they trust almost only others of their species.

government
the tyronian government is made up of 111 people. 100 of them are the kento, the representatives of the markets. 10 of them are the asino. they make the laws on trade and they are in charge of most of the production. they also hire the police that patrol the markets. seeing as the tyronians themselves are not very able bodied, they hire any other alien species willing to work for money. they pay more for stronger aliens, this makes it easier to get strong aliens to work for them. then there is 1 tyronian who must pass every decision made by the asino. they stay in this position for as long as they live and then choose another. they get the best homes and they have the greatest foods. the kento are chosen by voting for 1 tyronian from each market. the asino are chosen by voting for 10 of the kento, and the 10 with the most votes become asino.

manual work
almost all of the manual work is done by hired aliens, very small stores can be forced to have the tyronian in charge work at gathering the crops.

foods
tyronians eat usually only 1 type of fruit, but its not the only food with value!

grut fruit:
a juicy fruit in a coconut like shell

tahn fruit:
shaped like a banana but peels into chewy strips, when treated with the right chemical, will act like gum

raito meat:
the meat from a raito beast is tough, but when cooked is like a tougher bacon

keedo flower:
a specail flower that can only be picked once every earth year, it is used as a tasty treat and medicine

tain hide:
the hide of the Tain is soft can be smoked. not exactly a food, but sold all the same
(i'll post more later)

Animals

the wild life of tynosina is know for being dosile.

Tain:
the tain is like a badger, but larger and faster. it has tusks and longer legs, about as thick as an arosol can. it has no eyes, instead it has super sensitive ears. they sleep in burrows during the day and eat tahn fruit. they have live young with as many as 12 at a time. they mate once every 2 years until their young become full grown. the young eat pre-chewed tahn fruits from their mother.
(I'll post more animals later, I'm kinda tired)

Raito beast:
the Raito beast is large and strong, like the tyronian version of an ox. they have somewhat large heads, and a thick mucle bound body. the arms are small, and the legs like an ostriches, although nearly 3 times as thick. the raito beast is coverd in brown matty fur, with large green eyes. they also have a jaw much like a hippos but rounder on the sides. they have large protruding tusks with flattened ends, but at an angle so that they are still useable as weapons. they eat the redoh grass(a blueish grass that can grow to be 4 feet tall).

i'll post the technology later.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 09:19:46 am by aname »

Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
Re: tyronians, the trader species
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:39:01 pm »
Don't worry, I'm reading and I noticed you reorganized it.

What will you do?

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 01:41:29 pm »
I'm reading intently, too lazy too post though!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 01:42:35 pm »
ok, im going to be gone for a while, i'll update as soon as i get back.  :D

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 02:10:19 pm »
//The Forthi extend an invitation to the Delegation of Unified Powers (DUP). We find that the Tryronians entry into this alliance would benefit many different races.
-Forthi Delegation, Speaker of the DUP//

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 04:45:10 pm »
//the tyronian species... accepts this offer. we will supply your delegation with supplies and tools for a discount. we hope this will be a long lasting and proftiable alliance.//

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 04:56:00 pm »
//The ViS urge caution. The entire DUP is composed of invisible species. You can not trust that which you can not see//
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 05:05:24 pm »
// the tyronians know of this danger... which is why we shall not be meeting in person for a while... until we find that you are trustworthy, we will send diplomats.//

(updated)

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 06:04:28 pm »
ooc:hey sam is that another no pictures thing? :D . just let it go man
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 10:56:29 pm »
This is a message from The Council

//Greetings sentient species. We have recieved notice that you are selling high level technology. We wish to see your supplies so we may determine if we wish to purchase any of them. We expect a repl-Hi! I'm Emionatrix, just call me Emi. I'm the new adition to the council, HI NEW-GET THE OMIC OFF THIS CHANNEL NOW EMI I AM TRYING TO CONDUCT BUISNESS HERE!!!!! Sorry about that.... She is, new. Now as I was saying, Contact us as soon as possible on your decision, we can also supply you with supplies to sell. Over and out.

(A few seconds later....)
**** That was a complete humilation. Why do we have a Ryndalian like her on the council, Emi get in here right now we need to talk.
(A few more seconds....)
Now, Emionatrix, I know you are young, but you cant just-(Emionatrix giggles a little.) Wait a sec. EMI!?! What did you do? Tell me right this instant. (A pause spare Emi laughing.) Hold on, please tell me that you didn't keep the channel open! Hold on I'll get to you in a second.
(Cuts off transmission.)//

What will you do?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 01:27:17 am »
Never!
I refuse to acknowledge the existance of these species until there are some pictures. Even crappy paint ones are fine, until then your creatures are invisible and untrustworthy and I'll feel like destroying them.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2006, 04:54:34 am »
Never!
I refuse to acknowledge the existance of these species until there are some pictures. Even crappy paint ones are fine, until then your creatures are invisible and untrustworthy and I'll feel like destroying them.

LOL Sometimes i feel the same way.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 07:52:01 am »
ooC: but I still dont really get what you mean. On the creatures threads there are some pictures(nothing close to the amount of naucian pictures but o well) or do you mean on the DUP thread. I dont really remember pictures on alliance threads?

oh yeah sorry for hyjacking the thread ;D
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 07:56:14 am »
I dont really remember pictures on alliance threads?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3851/other1il.jpg

Apologies aname; nice creature btw, I like the concept of a creature that are in danger of being hunted down for their ivory.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 09:17:31 am »
This is a message from The Council

//Greetings sentient species. We have recieved notice that you are selling high level technology. We wish to see your supplies so we may determine if we wish to purchase any of them. We expect a repl-Hi! I'm Emionatrix, just call me Emi. I'm the new adition to the council, HI NEW-GET THE OMIC OFF THIS CHANNEL NOW EMI I AM TRYING TO CONDUCT BUISNESS HERE!!!!! Sorry about that.... She is, new. Now as I was saying, Contact us as soon as possible on your decision, we can also supply you with supplies to sell. Over and out.

(A few seconds later....)
**** That was a complete humilation. Why do we have a Ryndalian like her on the council, Emi get in here right now we need to talk.
(A few more seconds....)
Now, Emionatrix, I know you are young, but you cant just-(Emionatrix giggles a little.) Wait a sec. EMI!?! What did you do? Tell me right this instant. (A pause spare Emi laughing.) Hold on, please tell me that you didn't keep the channel open! Hold on I'll get to you in a second.
(Cuts off transmission.)//

//we find that you seem a little.... strange. we wish to keep most of out technollogical artifacts secret at this time. we do however have a vast amout of components in overstock, and are waiting for an offer for them. we hope we can become good friends...//

OOC: updated new creature