Author Topic: Convince me to buy a DS.  (Read 12288 times)

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
Re: Convince me to buy a DS.
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2006, 06:17:18 pm »
Well here it goes...

First i own the origional ds having bought it the day it came out. At first i wasn't going to buy a ds but when i saw one that first day i just felt it was going to be great and i bought it. Well it took awhile after my initial purchase before anything really great came out for it, but i managed to keep myself entertained with the free demo it came with by playing it against one of my friends who had also bought the system shortly after i did. Then the next game in my favorite handheld series came out, Advanced Wars DS, its a great game and still entertains me to this day, my sister also bought a ds around this time as nintendogs came out (she has all 3 versions) and she still plays those in her spare time. Now there are multiple games out there for the ds that look great, from castlevania to super mario bros to brain age and tetris ds, the new (and free)wifi feature makes the system a great online gaming machine, and later this year it will get an internet browser allowing u to surf the web with it.

The system provides a unique experiance in handheld gaming with great games and interesting touch screen and microphone interaction as well as free online play.

I have never played on a ds light and don't really see the point in buying one for myself as the origional ds is fine as it is.

Now don't just look at this and go out and get one because of me though, yes if u like handheld gaming this is a must have item, but if u just think handheld gaming is a fun experiance and would like something new to entertain yourself feel free to get a ds but also look at the next gen consoles the wii looks like it may be the best console yet, the ps3, while expensive, seems to have the greatest graphics and processing power backed by 3rd parties bound to boast popular new games in the final fantasy series and kingdom hearts 3 as well as grand turismo (if u like racing). Personally i'm getting a wii

But back on topic...

The ds is great but i feel u must try one yourself first(with multiple games that interest u) rather than relying on what we say as some people simply can't stand the basic game controls for the system while others can't stand the decrease in graphics compared to the other systems they play their games on. We could all go on and on all day about what is so great about this system but in the end it is up to u, and the only way u can really make a good decision is to try it and see what u think of it, sure u could just jump in and buy it like i did, it worked well for me, but if u really want to be sure u want it before u buy it then borrow a friends or go to a store and try a few different games that interest u, or interest other people and see what u think of them, the ds is not for everyone.
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2006, 02:07:44 am »
So here we are, a few months after this thread died...And I hold in my hands a DS Lite. It took my best friend buying one and adoring it, and then wanting me to get one so much that he loaned me $140 for it. I bought MarioKart DS, Lost Magic, and the new Super Mario game. We went straight from Fry's Electronics to my apartment, sat on my couch, and started playing games. Six hours passed in a blink of an eye. Even now, I'm only at that point in the night where I don't feel tired, but I know I should sleep...and more Mario sounds really fun...A curse. This sytem, it is a curse. I was supposed to go through college...I had plans. But now what have I got? Gaming heroine. Thanks a LOT, guys.

;D

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2006, 02:53:37 pm »
So here we are, a few months after this thread died...And I hold in my hands a DS Lite. It took my best friend buying one and adoring it, and then wanting me to get one so much that he loaned me $140 for it. I bought MarioKart DS, Lost Magic, and the new Super Mario game. We went straight from Fry's Electronics to my apartment, sat on my couch, and started playing games. Six hours passed in a blink of an eye. Even now, I'm only at that point in the night where I don't feel tired, but I know I should sleep...and more Mario sounds really fun...A curse. This sytem, it is a curse. I was supposed to go through college...I had plans. But now what have I got? Gaming heroine. Thanks a LOT, guys.

;D

Congrats. Can this thread die now?

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2006, 06:39:49 pm »
Never! This thread could help many find the DS. Infact, the same friend I mentioned in my post was influenced by this thread. He said he was interested in it, and I sent him a link, having already heard every positive arguement for it. He decided he was going to buy it within 30 minutes, and that's when he started convincing me to get it...So in a way, this thread succeeded. You guys DID convince me to buy a DS, if indirectly.

By the way, my high score on the mario trampolene game (or Mario Suicide as my friend and I call it) is 42. Can anyone top that?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2006, 06:47:49 pm »
I think my trampoline high score is 28. But I sorted 180 bomb-bombs :)

And I recently beat the game. This thread actually influenced me to buy one.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2006, 09:55:52 pm »
Wow! I've only sorted about half that many bob-bombs. Man, those mini-games own.