Author Topic: Another Sony Lawsuit  (Read 5185 times)

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Sony Lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 08:17:54 pm »

Nintendo products can ordinarily survive a nuclear blast.

:D Thats freakin great such an awesome quote

im making that my sig. :P
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline dafool

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 10:31:41 pm »
so did i.

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 12:17:57 pm »
Same here.

What will you do?

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 07:13:07 pm »
soooooo.... they sell very few consoles whitch they lose money on, then produce video games for these systems which there will not be that many consoles to buy them for..... sonys screwed.

That's not tremendously far off. Manufacturing the Cell processor is a hugely expensive enterprise, not simply because of how few of them actually work off the line but due to its general architecture being so uniqely different in the first place. And they are a horror to produce. The dual-layer Blu-Ray discs are running at a success rate of 10% right now -- which means that 9 out of 10 are unusable. That is grossly inefficient by anyone's estimation, and it is slowing down the production process to the point where it's doubtful Sony will be able to release as many of the PS3s as was originally estimated. In short, the upcoming PS3 shortage will make the 360's availability at launch resemble the Australian rabbit population.

What's really scary about these numbers is this: If you recall Sony's track record in terms of quality hardware (especially at launch), what are the odds that some of the PS3s released on the market won't work for long or at all? Now, imagine if you recently purchased the thing and found that yours stopped working after a week or so, what would you do? Try to get it replaced, right? But when the sheer minute numbers of the console are this dwarfingly bad, it could be possible that you wouldn't get a replacement for months. How many people are going to wait that long? How many people are going to get pissed off and return the thing, taking that money and getting a 360 and Wii instead? 360s have been through their 1st generation of hardware and are more stable, consistent; Nintendo products can ordinarily survive a nuclear blast.

Overall, and I don't mean for Sony to fail (I just wanted them humbled a little), it really doesn't look good -- especially if this lawsuit turns out in Agere's favor.

PS3 - the new phantom

*Writes that down in the slogans thread*

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 05:40:09 am »
PS3 - the new phantom

To be fair, the Phantom never had a chance of succeeding.  8)

Offline Shaymus22

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • so cool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 06:03:45 pm »
PS3 - the new phantom

To be fair, the Phantom never had a chance of succeeding.  8)

exactly :D

A wise man once said nothing and simply listened.