Author Topic: Crescent Virus (RP)  (Read 8377 times)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: Crescent Virus (RP)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 11:34:22 am »
OOC: Krakow Sam, some of the infected races brought some machinery to the ViS world, though it didn't affect any ViS machinery! Also, this is just an idea for an RP
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:38:08 am by Daan »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 12:04:53 pm »
OOC: Krakow Sam, some of the infected races brought some machinery to the ViS world, though it didn't affect any ViS machinery! Also, this is just an idea for an RP

Wait is this actually occuring? If so i'm joing in, since the Forthi are now the water guardians...

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 12:08:40 pm »
OOC: The Wexxians could probably take care of the problem... Too bad they are preoccupied by tracking down Nemesis, and after that they will circle down the galactic drain!  :P

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 12:17:25 pm »
Any race which joins needs to put the following message in their thread: "How can I assist? I am reorganizing the universe as your ordered."

werechicken

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 12:53:23 pm »
the Rinthuu are pretty much "software" anyway and could take care of the problem in about 5 seconds, that is if anyone asks for our help

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 12:56:18 pm »
If the Rintuu are software themselves the chance of infection is HUGE. Only a physical attack could destroy Crescent, and the main location changed every 30 minutes. Oh and Leng, your news message is awesome ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:20:18 pm by Daan »

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 01:24:14 pm »
I'll participate, but I don't think Ryndalian AI can be affected much seeing as it is organic.

What will you do?

werechicken

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 01:27:26 pm »
If the Rintuu are software themselves the chance of infection is HUGE. Only a physical attack could destroy Crescent, and the main location changed every 30 minutes. Oh and Leng, your news message is awesome ;D
erm no I don't think so, the rinthuu are sentient software capable of changing their programming code on a whim, their core network is designed with any computer infection in mind, and besides they can meet the enemy head on in their home turf, but since I'm busy at the moment it's not going to be an issue

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 01:40:22 pm »
The Ryndilians can join in on the fun, since the AI can decode its self and re-encode itself into organic code.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 01:45:18 pm »
ooc: can we not have these "my tech-savvy race would not ever succomb to software hacking of any kind and would crush the crescent virus quickly, easily, and without risk" posts?  the plot here rather revolves around the contagious power of the AI and it gets ruined if someone just comes along and poofs it away.  obviously the Crescent will be incredibly badass, and yet the inexorable laws of plot mechanics doom it from the start.  it will inevitably be defeated militarily, or by a small band of misfits, or destroy itself because of hubris/love, or be revealed as merely a front for a much more powerful race and fade into obscurity.  in short there's nothing to worry about and you can just let it run amoc for the time being without worrying about being exterminated.

edit: Daan, i didn't want to bring this up, but you might want to SHOW and not TELL.  for instance you could have waited a bit and described the virus re-encoding itself as dna when the Ryndilians became overconfident and made a critical blunder.

edit2: and are we going to have it in this thread or the other one, or both?  i think it's fine to do a little background imagery in the other thread, but the main action should be here for the people in the story.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:02:45 pm by Leng »
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 02:23:35 pm »
Hmm, the action of the embassy hostages takes place in the GEC thread, but the actual Crescent related stuff should go here.

// Hello, this is Horjok Biil, a soldier from the War of Ulinium. I escaped the Capital Palce, which seems to now be the GEC. The Chancellor-Emperor knocked me out, and escaped. While I was waking up, I could see a shady figure appraoching him and taking him aboard his ship. I could hear a small part of their conversation and record it. "You shall have your revenge Julennergen, don't worry. They'll pay for what they did to your Ulinium. Crescent is..." That is all I could record. Perhaps the xx could attempt and track the ship that took the Chancellor-Emperor of Ulinium, though I doubt the effect it would have //

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 02:42:14 pm »
ooc: I was referring to "Yunimius - MY Creature - Crescent Infected!" where you made a post about the broadcast.  the gec storyline appears to be a related story but one we won't have to pay constant attention to.

The message was intercepted and sensor logs consulted to identify the precise ship from the unorganized mob wildly fleeing the planet.  A small ship had left the area of the GEC compound 530 seconds previously and was now outbound.  The possibility of a trap or unwitting decoy was considered and accepted.  The observation ship sent 13 monodirectional signals to different star systems, scrambled (to disguise them as natural hyperspace fluctuations) and encrypted as best possible with so little time, then launched a small hyperspace beacon. 

They would wait for the fleeing ship to enter hyperspace, and then track it as stealthily as possible, while the hyperspace beacon continued sending monodirectional signals to hundreds of different targets within a thousand light years of Ulis.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 03:07:02 pm by Leng »
I have been told
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 02:54:22 pm »
// The Kangorian Empire has word from the people of Yuminus that The Great Throne is in danger from this Crescent Virus. we will help in any way possible to eliminate the virus. The Great Throne has protected itself from complete takover but the Eternal One will eventually tire. So you can count on the Kangorians to help destroy the virus. we still would like more info on the virus.//

By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 03:33:39 pm »
Lord Gundiil, the Yunimian ambassador in the GEC, attempts to transmit a message to the outside world.

// Hello? I don't have long. We've been put on shelves, and we've had categories lasered onto our heads, mine reading "land". Wurn, the Omic has "meal". Not that it isn't true, but... it's coming back! It's horrible, Crescent is horrible! //

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 12:57:34 am »
bump?
I have been told