Author Topic: Crescent Virus (RP)  (Read 8373 times)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Crescent Virus (RP)
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:55:32 am »
During the construction the G.E.C. librarian droid Orderly Neutron #0023 on Helcius Prime, the homeworld of OTHER, it was briefly plugged into the planet's main computer, for an AI transfer. The AI, Crescent, got mixed with other files and archives, including that of the Halcyon War. Though the creators of the AI never experienced that event, the other races of Helcius Prime archived it, and put it in the OTHER Main Computer. Crescent, being the smart AI it is, downloaded the archives, and the files got corrupted.

Crescent saw it as his duty to infect other electronics with itself. The AI decided to remain behind on the OTHER Computer to inflict damage, and copied itself to Orderly Neutron. Orderly Neutron remained connected to the rest of Crescent, and spread itself quietly into every system it could connect to.

The shipment of Orderly Neutron #0023 went as planned, except during the actual delivery. Crescent activated itself on the ships main computer, and the drones and machinery attacked the ships crew. All but two survivors were alive at the time of arrival. Their memory had been erased, and the bodies had been dumped into the void of space. Orderly Neutron was delivered at the Galactic Embassy and Congres, and attached itself to the archives. It then spread to any system and connection which were present at the G.E.C., and those in turn were attached to the homeworlds of various species. From there, it spread throughout the planets wnd their colonies. Soon many other races were infected due to their connection with the already infected species.

Crescent kept itself quiet, until recently...

Ok, I think this is a good backstory for the beginning of an RP. Remember, Crescent is built with every advanced AI technology availible to OTHER, and can't be defeated easily.

The idea would probably be to fight the armies of robotic soldiers that Crescent controls. The Galactic Embassy is blocked off by Crescent, and anything electronic such as modern guns and armor is controlled by Crescent. The G.E.C. ambassadors are locked in, and it all went rather unnoticed, as they were eating Yikhog while Wurn repaired a wall as punishment.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:04:57 am by Daan »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Crescent Virus (RP)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:58:17 am »
Is this an open RP? Can I join?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:01:06 am »
This is very open! Any race in someway connected to the G.E.C. and its participants is infected in theory

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 08:01:44 am »
G.E.C.? Wassa?

Edit - Oooh... Galaxy embassy and congress!

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:11:59 am »
Could there be an AI vs. AI showdown? Heir and KUL could team up and smack Crescent about :D.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:20:58 am »
Could be cool yes, but remember, Crescent can just transfer itself to another system as its home. And... Crescent is made with a combination of different AI technologies, making it extremely strong. A physical attack and an electronic attack could be cool, but we need to have other events first, such as finding systems having shut down on several planets.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 08:26:38 am »
Well, Heir and Kul might be a match for it. HEIR is a supercomputer designed to govern an entire race of billions, and KUL is chock full of so much data that he spontaneously arose. They'd need to find the main system first, though.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 08:28:19 am »
Let's just destroy all technology in the galaxy and get on with our lives. :D

Offline Genesis

• Elevator Action Operator
  • Greetings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 08:29:27 am »
This could get good. I wonder if they could infect Ryndala. Its a toss up for sure, I'll try to get in.
(Ryndala is sort of a organic immortal (at least by age) Storehouse of all the memories of Ryndalians and offers advice to the council. It also does other things but that is all other species know about it.)

Ryndala could team up with those two, then we would win for sure.  8)

What will you do?

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 08:31:02 am »
///The Auyuelcliads drive never leave anything to AI, even O.T.H.E.R technology would be modded. We'll ignore that and just not parcipitate...////
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 08:32:18 am »
And the main system changed frequently. Also, Crescent has already spread to the planets where HEIR and KUL are housed, though not into them probably.

But anyway, millions of civilians, if not billions, are being attacked and murdered. Crescent broadcasts a message to its infected systems.

"Hello, how may I assist? I am reorganizing the galaxy, just as you ordered"

OOC: Balthamael, why spoil the fun?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 08:48:52 am »
And the main system changed frequently. Also, Crescent has already spread to the planets where HEIR and KUL are housed, though not into them probably.

// We are unconcerned. We have determined our computer systems too advanced for an attack by this construct. ViS computers are too dissimilar from those used on Helcius for this virus to spread//

OOC: I cant be arsed to participate. Also, I dont believe I gave you permission to say something had happened on one of the ViS planets.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 08:54:08 am »
Let's just destroy all technology in the galaxy and get on with our lives. :D
"I Will free You from your complicated lives!, the Complicated Part, not the life part..."
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 09:09:20 am »
OoC: Well then, that's not good. The Turnaqs launched a machine to be their ambassodor.

DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 10:07:49 am »
Hyperwave indeterminate broadcast received..
Source: undetermined
Scrambling: extreme (artificial: undetermined technology) (data unscrambled but transmission details lost)
Encryption: 4.6x1038 w/ 9.2x105 contextual (key given w/ valid reference)

Notes: Key indicates Observation Ship 1168, ordered to station within kuiper belt of IF-73928 (headquarters, Galactic Embassy and Congress) for low intensity passive surveilance.

Message begins: OS-1168 to HQ, Priority One.  

Highly unforseen events pertaining Galactic Embassy and Congress.  Hostile AI program has activated within key computer systems.  Preliminary analysis indicates near-total seizure of Ulis by infected systems and by robotic agents of said AI.  At least 1 native agent died transmitting data.  no contact from other native agents.  No contact from implanted surveilance AI.  (further details attached)

Public news broadcasts across GEC worlds depict sudden catastrophic failure of power stations, environmental regulation systems, emergency services, and other backbone infrastructures.  Mass hysteria.  Governments urge calm.  Decoded military transmissions depict immense confusion and primitive fight/flight responses.  (further details attached)

Hyperwave silence from Ulis, excepting the following omnidirectional broadcast: "Hello, how may I assist? I am reorganizing the galaxy, just as you ordered".  Message indicates outside tampering, but the possibility of spontaneous malfunction cannot be totally ruled out.

End of message.

I let the document fall to the table, on top of seven other documents from as many other observer ships in GEC space.  I knew the high council would have to be convened, that they would decide to mobilize the fleet, restructure our entire industrial base (would take longer than usual for such a comprehensive job; if they kneejerked and didn't trust the Tumblers it might even take a few days), perhaps even send diplomatic overtures (not that we'd give anything away).  Fortunately I didn't have to bother with any of that.  No, i just had to sit here and read one report after another about "failure of environmental regulatory systems".  A hell of a way to say a billion people just died.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone