Author Topic: Procedural Pooping  (Read 13664 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Procedural Pooping
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:33:55 am »
Procedural Pooping!  Now I am sold on herbivores.  ;D

I know this is not a new concept but it was never really a topic. After playing Zoo Tycoon 2 i realized that my exhibits had alot of poop. And then i thought "Will Spore have poop?" I mean if a game like this for kids has tons of poop what about Spore Procedural Pooping? Would there be a purpose? I mean its part of life, we have eatting, and matting but whatabout after all that food get digested? And what if it can be used by say a dung beetle creature or flung around by alien monkeys with guns? You see where this is going. Its not the first time Maxis has dealt with poop and other deification (like in the Sims). Do you think Procedural Pooping will be something in Spore? Or do you think they will have enough to worry with the game ratings such as procedural matting or aliens beaing eatten alive to want to even bother with Procedural Pooping.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:37:52 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
Re: Procedural Pooping
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 01:56:13 am »
Ok, this has to be the best topic I have ever seen. What would the game be without Procedural Pooping? I just like to say that, Procedural Pooping, hehe. Well, can it be a game without Procedural Pooping? Yes it can, but will it have the richness or fullfilling feeling? What the heck am I even talking about? Haha!! It might be cool to run your creature around and run into a pile of poop. How would your creature react? Would it try to scrape it off on a tree? Would it get a stick to scrape it off? Would Monkey creatures fling it at their enemy's? We need answers people! If Will Wright only answers one question ever again about Spore, it should be "Will we have Procedural Pooping in Spore?" Ok, maybe there are better questions he can answer, but that's a funny question. The answer would probably be no, but hey, you never know what secrets they may slip into the game and we may very well have our Procedural Pooping.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 02:01:12 am »
Wouldn't this cause certain complications for some of the odder creatures? Remember the creature with it's butt over its head from VG Cats? Or what if the creature's only mouth would be where a butt should be? Would it vomit to poop?
Virus Buster.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:06:19 am »
Imagine dog-like creatures procedurely sniffing eachothers butts and eating eachothers poop... omg.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 02:30:11 am »
When I have thoughts like this I try to keep them to myself, but since you brought it up ---

It would add to realism greatly and I'd love to play a poop eating scavenger, but it's never going to be officially implemented.
However, as far as mods go this is one that'll be handed around quite a bit until everyone realizes the poop doesn't go away because nothing is eating it. Think of the thousands of worlds covered in poop.

"Because it has two mouths you have to imagine two *******s." -- Robin Williams

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 02:31:42 am »
Wow, I knew this was going to be a good topic. I think the Robin Williams creature would have a hard time pooping. It would have to walk and Poop or get it on it's feet. Yuck!! Procedural Pooping, sorry, just had to say it again. :D
I wonder though, when your creatures get to the highest intelligence level, do they develop toilets? Could you empty your septic tank from your UFO onto Alien planets? I can see it now, a UFO hovers over a city. Two aliens inside, one says to the other, "Hey Jerry, watch this. I'm gonna impress the locals with some Fireworks." He hits the wrong button and millions of gallons of Poop dumps on the people below. I bet that would start an intergalactic war. Getting tons of Poop dumped on my head would get me angry, that's for sure!
Also, make a planet a dumping ground for all your poop. Hehe! "I dub this World, Planet Poop!"
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 02:41:23 am »
OMG Petreak!! That was hillarious. I know i should be above poop jokes but that was funny.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 04:48:06 am »
Eh, I think it'd add a kind of extraneous and uncontributory element to the game personally. I mean I played digimon on the PS at one point (stop laughing) and in that your creature has to take a crap every so often - but it's often in really out-of-the-way places with no toilets around, so often they just crapped themselves and you got penalised for it since they'd be mad at you and have lower chances of evolving into something good. It just seemed to serve as some dumb arbitrary factor that didn't really mean or contribute anything other than penalising you.

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 05:40:23 am »
Make strategic use of the poop terraform tool in order to help plants grow.

Offline Lebeke1

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Handle with care
    • View Profile
    • Spore!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 06:05:17 am »
Make strategic use of the poop terraform tool in order to help plants grow.
Ha!  :D
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress. -- Captain Eric Moody

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 06:08:09 am »
Does this topic remind anyone else of B&W (one not two)?

Insects could procedually dig at and procedually consume the poop.  Imagine a dung beetle procedually rolling a ball of poop.

Book, book, book

Offline Lebeke1

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Handle with care
    • View Profile
    • Spore!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 06:16:15 am »
Does this topic remind anyone else of B&W (one not two)?

Insects could procedually dig at and procedually consume the poop. Imagine a dung beetle procedually rolling a ball of poop.

only if all done procedually! Ha! :D once again.
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress. -- Captain Eric Moody

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 08:08:51 am »
LOL, ye this should be in even if only to give us a good laugh :D
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 08:41:22 am »
Although it doesnt add much to the game, i'd like to see it. Doesnt have to be gory, just have the creature squat, play a comical squeeking sound, then when it walks off there is a splotch of perculiarly colored 'stuff' on the floor. Imagine that, a creature that defecates in electric pink, and the natural 'fallen shape' is an eiffel tower. Totally unnecessary but it could be the source of some childish fun. I wonder if I could design my "Stomach Lug" creature to fire its defecal matter out of the indent on its top like a mortar? :)

Anyone for a poop editor?

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 08:44:42 am »
I'd like to see how this guy poops... ;D

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0