Author Topic: Debrainification  (Read 3894 times)

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
Debrainification
« on: July 08, 2006, 11:04:48 am »
Ok, I was wondering, can you abduct a few members of an advanced civilization, then completely obliterate their planet, killing everything, then, take their creature into the creature editor, and put their brain on the lowest level, and put them back onto the planet. You could then let them develop again, worshipping you, or just watch, and see if they develop the same way they did last time. There are alot of possibilities. I hope we can do this.

"If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with computers, they would code Spore."

-SpecialBrownies

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Re: Debrainification
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 11:57:45 am »
I'm curious somewhat of the same thing. I also wonder if you can create something and while developing, you can get Evolution Points back by going back a step in brain power.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline edspore_91

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 12:39:29 pm »
This sounds cool, but I don't think the editor will let you get rid of brain power, i think once its there the only way of getting it is throwing your Brain/s against a wall and watch it go splat then you dying after realizing that you need a brain to live, (unless of course your a real stupid race of aliens).
Now its just a waiting game until next year

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:43:36 pm »
Maybe you wouldn't have to even bring them into the editor, maybe there could be some sort of ray, on the UFO, that you could blast at the entire planet, and then they are stupid, creatures. Walking around inside cities with a bunch of technology, gnawing on laser beam controls and such, as you plunder their technologies and blow up their cities. They would have no idea.
"If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with computers, they would code Spore."

-SpecialBrownies

Offline mccarty181

• Tempest Top Dog
  • yes I have a thing for rodents...so what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 12:59:48 pm »
you can remove other parts and get back DNA/evo points so I do not see why not
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Offline CommunistHamster

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 01:06:36 pm »
Maybe you wouldn't have to even bring them into the editor, maybe there could be some sort of ray, on the UFO, that you could blast at the entire planet, and then they are stupid, creatures. Walking around inside cities with a bunch of technology, gnawing on laser beam controls and such, as you plunder their technologies and blow up their cities. They would have no idea.
So, you are suggesting that Will add a "Stupid ray" to the UFO? I like, I like...

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 01:07:55 pm »
Oh yeah, a stupid ray would be quite useful at times... just think of the possibilities...

-SpecialBrownies

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 01:10:51 pm »
I'd much prefer a more versatile tractor beam. I mean, imagine being able to rip a building in two. Not just from the foundations, but clean in half, then smashing the other half into another building?

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 01:12:39 pm »
Hey, this isn't the UFO wishlist maaaaaaan, this is the talking about how cool and useful a Debrainification Ray would be.

-SpecialBrownies

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 01:16:59 pm »
Then why not go post about Debrainification in either of the Wishlists? And now I leave.

Offline SpecialBrownies

• Donkey Kong King
  • They look so special!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 01:18:23 pm »
Because it originally started off as a thread about debrainifying in the creature editor, now it's just about debrainification in general.

-SpecialBrownies

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 05:46:43 pm »
I wonder who our species must have annoyed then? :3

I'd like an idiot bomb, a large chemical warhead that dissolves complete morons into greasy smears in a relatively swift and painless manner. That way you could cleanse planets nice and easy. As for in the game, it would be useful there too, only it would relate more to intelligence than to demeanor.

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 06:43:45 pm »
Well, if you have a Monolith that makes a creature intelligent, how about a reverse Monolith, that takes intelligence away?
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
  • I stink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 07:08:24 pm »
No, I think they're just supposed to bring intelligence.  The monkeys on earth were already, well, monkies.  The monolith just got them to thinking. 
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 07:49:55 pm »
http://www.windyweather.net/WW/max/warhammer/Monlith15_2.jpg

This is the kind of Monolith I want to see. It turns more than just the brain into goo.