Author Topic: Gaming Podcast MEGALIST  (Read 24425 times)

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
Re: Other gaming related podcasts
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 04:59:43 pm »
Pimp your podcasts as much as you like  :D. As long as it talks about games in one way or another.
The glass is not half full or half empty. It is both.

Offline Game Theory

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 01:58:27 pm »
As long as we can mention others, I will mention mine as well. I do a weekly podcast that has been around for a little more than a year called Short Attention Gamer. We talk about games from the perspective of those who love games but don't have as much time as they may have once had to play. Check it out if you get a chance.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 02:13:42 pm »
As long as we can mention others, I will mention mine as well. I do a weekly podcast that has been around for a little more than a year called Short Attention Gamer. We talk about games from the perspective of those who love games but don't have as much time as they may have once had to play. Check it out if you get a chance.
I think Steve mentioned you once or twice... I think
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 03:51:12 pm »

Not a bad podcast, i think i might put this in my regular podcast listening cycle thing.... yeah
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 07:31:20 pm »
Another one that I listen two sometimes is VGM Daily.  It is a gaming podcast that is usuall daily (during the summer it's about 3 a week) also it is a Canadian based podcast.  The site is www.vgmfusion.com

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2006, 07:55:32 pm »
Im turning this thread into a Podcast Megalist!
Ive added quite a few more links to it

The list is pretty damn huge, guarenteed to take up any spare time you might have.

Of course, if you have any more to add, dont be shy!

Mabye I should do some sort of colour coding... like pointing out the best podcasts in the list, etc

I /will/ regularily update this list.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 07:57:03 pm by LucasUP »

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Podcast MEGALIST
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 09:43:04 pm »
Here is another:
http://podcast.next-gen.biz/ Next-gen.biz podcast

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2006, 01:24:50 pm »
Ironicaly I was listening to the next-gen podcast before I read your post, Krazyman. New additions to the list:

Next Generation Podcast:     http://podcast.next-gen.biz/
Gamers with jobs:     http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/
Escape Radio:     http://www.escapistmagazine.com/radio/
Game Addict Hotline:     http://www.gameaddicthotline.com/

Im thinking about removing
GameLife podcast:     http://www.gamelifeshow.com/
(It sucks)

Ive decided to not-be-lazy
COLOUR CODING IS HALF COMPLETE!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 02:21:36 pm by LucasUP »

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2006, 09:32:41 pm »
Virginworlds.com podcast, focused purely on MMOs. Comes out every week without failure, and Brent sometimes does special midweek shows. Think of Gamingsteve, except only MMOs. This is a small, relatively unknown podcast with about 800 regular downloads, but you wouldn't know that from the quality. The website recently celebrated its one-year anniversary, but the podcast hasn't been going on for the whole duration.

The Widget. "Games, Tech, and Whatever." It's currently undergoing some major changes. They stopped doing the podcast for about a month, but now they've decided to do a series of podcasts with different hosts from different locations that just come out whenever they can. The ones before the change were absolutely hysterical, and the new ones aren't half-bad either. I imagine once they get on their feet and get into the groove again, it'll pick up in quality to where it once was. It's pretty well known, I'm surprised it didn't make the list. I believe they have about 80,000 downloads.

GamersHell.com weekly podcast. Comes out every week, without failure (this week they're taking a break, though). This is very light on discussion, being mostly scripted. It reports gaming headlines, new releases, and contains game reviews and other nifty stories now and then. It's fairly short, always falling under 30 minutes. It's very funny, and well-made.

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 07:05:14 pm »
Thanks Devoid. Ive finished "colour coding". Instead of colouring green/red for good/bad quality podcasts, im just not going to even include podcasts with poor quality.
Basicly all of the podcasts on this list are of quite good quality, surprisingly. If you were to actualy subscribe to all of them (which I actualy have), you would have more then enough listening material  :D
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:12:18 pm by LucasUP »

Offline dmngd

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • FOR AIUR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 05:52:52 pm »
May i suggest compiling the lists into the one on the front page for a more complete feel.

Offline DrJiggs

• Atari Combat Vet
  • "Domokun will rule the world"
    • View Profile
    • My Own Room
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 09:42:14 pm »
Virginworlds.com podcast, focused purely on MMOs. Comes out every week without failure, and Brent sometimes does special midweek shows. Think of Gamingsteve, except only MMOs. This is a small, relatively unknown podcast with about 800 regular downloads, but you wouldn't know that from the quality. The website recently celebrated its one-year anniversary, but the podcast hasn't been going on for the whole duration.

Yes this podcast is seriously awesome.. if you like MMOs and don't listen to this podcast, you are really missing out on high quality content.  Anyway, yeah definitely check this one out soon.
"Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper." - Mark Twain

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 11:11:12 pm »
May i suggest compiling the lists into the one on the front page for a more complete feel.

Im not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean put the podcasts that others (and that I) have mentioned and put them into the list on the first post of this topic? Thats how it is.

Offline dmngd

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • FOR AIUR!!!!1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 09:23:13 am »
Yup that's what i meant. xD

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 04:28:52 pm »
One that I forgot to mention is the Firaxis podcast, released by the developer of those wonderful Civ games, and anything with Sid Meier's name attached. Their podcasts come out monthly (file this under "sparse"), they're not very long, but their focus is on game development. The quality is very high, and they're hilarious. There's only 4 out so far, but they're all worth going back and listening to.