Author Topic: Race Classification  (Read 41288 times)

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
Re: Race Classification
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2006, 10:39:13 am »
Hey, popularity is a fickle thing. Youre starting to sound like an unnatractive guy trying to explain all his percieved good points to a totally uninterested girl.
Maybe I am, but I don't really think that popularity should matter for people's creatures..........

He means add history about them, culture, etc. Where do they come from? What do they believe in? Why do they believe in it? And so on.
Like I said, I'm getting there............I'm just giving images about they looks first (Male front, back, side and re-do the female)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 11:13:01 am by The Terminator »

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2006, 12:46:06 pm »
I never wanted anything... i was just doing it for fun  8)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2006, 12:51:13 pm »
I bet a good way to get your creature to be a superpower would to make a race of naughty amazonian space vixens.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:56 pm »
I actually made a joke about that once with my Hydrians =P (Old dead thread, use the search engine!)

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 18, 2006, 12:30:59 am »
Another way to make your race a superpower is to start a whole new galaxy. ;) Seriously though, it's not a competition. This should be fun.

As a defense to the current so called superpowers, they're popular for a reason. And that's not only because they have more drawings/better drawings, more detailed information, or been around longer (although that all helps). It's because they strike a chord with people. This may be by chance or it may be the result of an iterative process. So either be happy with your races position in this fanfic universe or take what you've learned and try again.

One more thought. In most media flaws make a character more interesting. Keep that in mind.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #215 on: August 18, 2006, 12:34:42 am »
I think the age has a BIG factor in how popular something is. The earlier someone joins, the more likely someone is to know it if they're involved.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 18, 2006, 02:58:48 am »
No, Bonemouse is absolutely right. The Nauceans were stupid-popular almost as soon as they were made and posted. The Torpal took a little while to get going, but time really isnt an issue.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2006, 06:11:52 am »
It's also important to note that before these creatures were posted there were a lot of run-of-the-mill creatures. To give a good analogy, it's like these superpowers are the printing press. Sure, there were a lot of inventions before and after that, but the printing press stands out because it is important, not because it is old.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2006, 01:26:41 pm »
are the Peskitoriantais really obscure? i would think they would be at least Minor for what the classifications would be. I dont know how many flames they started, so i thought you guys "knew" them.
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2006, 01:31:17 pm »
Here's the real formula:
quality of pictures*number of posts their creator has+supposed originality that actually isn't orignal at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Actual Info that doesn't pertain to an upcoming war

*RP+number of limbs= POWER!

DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline dutch

• Microvision Master
  • jk, im not a mod :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 20, 2006, 01:49:23 pm »
i hope my creature will become a super power in your eyes , becuz i think they own all (exept torpals and nauceans)

so visit my thread ,!!!!!@!@!

history is added,
daily posting of new pictures
a new world power is rising
and the culture is flowing

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=6385.0

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 20, 2006, 04:46:56 pm »
Here's the real formula:
quality of pictures*number of posts their creator has+supposed originality that actually isn't orignal at all

So your saying that if a Spammer like Damned Zombie (No offense Emperor Eom3r) could get some good quality original images, he would be a Superpower? I think there's more to that.

i hope my creature will become a super power in your eyes , becuz i think they own all (exept torpals and nauceans)

so visit my thread ,!!!!!@!@!

history is added,
daily posting of new pictures
a new world power is rising
and the culture is flowing

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=6385.0

What about the ViS? ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 05:01:13 pm by The Terminator »

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 20, 2006, 05:19:35 pm »
Here's the real formula:

So your saying that if a Spammer like Damned Zombie (No offense Emperor Eom3r) could get some good quality original images, he would be a Superpower? I think there's more to that.

Yes. Except nobody likes DZ and it would fail because of that. But this formula is true, and everybody either knows it or is too stuck up to admit it. This is why interesting, well thought out races drawn in paint will fail.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2006, 05:55:34 pm »
Yes. Except nobody likes DZ and it would fail because of that. But this formula is true, and everybody either knows it or is too stuck up to admit it. This is why interesting, well thought out races drawn in paint will fail.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with this. Most people will only pay attention to a creature if there are really good pictures or if they are friends with the creator. So, people who have been here for a long time are best known and because of that, they are most likely to get good feedback, the same way as people who make great drawings.

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2006, 06:36:11 pm »
Here's the real formula:

Yes. #1. Except nobody likes DZ and it would fail because of that. But this formula is true, and everybody either knows it or is too stuck up to admit it. #2. This is why interesting, well thought out races drawn in paint will fail.
#1. I like him. :(
#2. Mine don't look that bad do they?