Author Topic: Beyon City  (Read 119616 times)

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Re: Beyon City
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2006, 05:48:36 pm »
If I hadn't screwed up the size factor, I'd have a neat drawing here now...

No, I don't know why I posted this either.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2006, 07:07:31 pm »
The ViS would be saying "click. click. click." You know, as a metronome.

gec05

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2006, 07:08:40 pm »
The ViS would be the band's metronome. :D

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2006, 07:12:11 pm »
Loricatii bodyguard? I mean, c'mon, 15 foot creature with plenty of muscle and natural armor plating. Wouldn't YOU want one?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:16:38 pm by Axelgear »
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

gec05

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2006, 07:42:44 pm »
Ok, I can't find any reference to any Kazean instruments, even on search. Can you help out here Huggs?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2006, 08:15:36 pm »
Ok, I can't find any reference to any Kazean instruments, even on search. Can you help out here Huggs?

Here

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2036.msg135009#msg135009

Huggs is on vacation BTW.

gec05

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2006, 09:55:16 pm »
I think Spore-Planet is broken again. :(

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2006, 01:41:29 am »
I think Spore-Planet is broken again. :(

Its back up but i am not sure for how long so i put the picture on spore wiki. Here is the description and picture. Choose a Kazea instrument.

I finally got around to do these.  :P
The one in the upperleft corner is the first primitive instrument actually designed for music. Kazea tribesmen had banged rocks rhythmically for hundreds of years before they invented the Banguitar(It's called something else entirely in their language). It works like a guitar, differently strung strings which are struck with a stick to create different notes. The early instruments broke all the time but after a while, real musicians started to appear.

The one to it's right is a trumpet-like instrument favored during the medieval times. You blow the narrow end, hold one hand in the middle and use the other hand to pull the lever up and down, changing the note.

The steel-gray instrument in the bottomleft corner is basically a refined version of the old one, much more sophisticated. Combined with different versions of the Lever-trumpet and drums, a strange version of Jazz appeared in the Imperial days.

The last instrument is a melobox. These contraptions started to appear in the modern days when technology got smaller and cheaper. Electronic sounds are created with the different levers and buttons. It takes a lot of practice to create good melodies. The Kazea were never much for singing, their voices hoarse and unmelodious, but in rap and hiphop they found a music style they liked. Really good rappers used a melodybox at the same time he rapped, which took enormous simultaneous capacity.

gec05

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2006, 07:57:22 am »
//Surely we have considered every accomadation for our guests. Most of our city is build over the great Urick ocean and its foundations reach far down into the sea bed. In between, you will find a bustling community of sea dwellers such as yourself.//

gec05

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2006, 11:49:35 am »
It's a little big, LoL. :D I had to think about it for a while about how the Quillarian would fit in, It just makes it funny. I also had to make up a new instrument for the Kazean being that a floor mounted instrument seemed unconventional.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:51:11 am by gec05 »

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2006, 11:52:14 am »
OMG thats awesome! The Kazean looks great too!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2006, 11:56:27 am »
 :o
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2006, 01:46:04 pm »
// One of the newest stores in Beyon City!!! You need to get your butt down to The Krazy Kangorians Defective Cup Warehouse!!!! We have defective cups of all kinds. Want to get a new defective cup? Dont want to spend much money? Then come on down to The Krazy Kangorians Defective Cup Warehouse!!!!

(Screen shows customers) " I needed something cheap to drink with and  then I found this place, I got to drink most of my soda, the little holes in the bottom of the cup barely let any out at all!!"

See that paid actor does not lie, so come on down to The Krazy Kangorians Defective Cup Warehouse!!!

Located on Martin Luther King Blvd.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

gec05

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2006, 02:19:04 pm »
I better call the Department of Consumer Affairs. :(

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2006, 03:18:44 pm »
Please dont i'll give you all the cups you could ever partially drink from for 3 lifetimes! ;D
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.