Author Topic: Next podcast?  (Read 105495 times)

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
Re: Next podcast?
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2006, 08:58:20 pm »
I have to admit that I am getting a bit impatient too. I doubt the power outages in New York could still be giving Steve trouble in get a cast up.
I hope he's OK and not laying in some hospital bed with only one pinkey still functional with which to monitor the forums.
If you are Steve then know I'm pulling for you!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2006, 11:25:14 am »
I doubt he will lose much of an audience... it isn't like it is a one time deal.

Anyone can listen to it whenever so they will come back.

Offline J-Caizer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Henshin Justice Unlimited
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2006, 10:45:16 am »
The little problem I have is that I'm a webmaster too, but my audience is about 1/100th of what Gaming Steve brings in.  He's a responsiblity to his readers and listerners to tell them what's up and what's going on.  I was gone from my site for about a week, but I let them know that my father had passed away and that I would be gone for that time. 

That being said, Steve's proven himself through and through to be a good and considerate guy, so for him to be gone this long without so much as a word... does raise some concern.

Is there anyway to find out if he's alright?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »
I think Steve is fine. he was online the other night briefly. I have sent him a message that people are concerned about him and the podcast. We should hear something soon.

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »
He's on right now...

I hope it is that he's just been working on something big, rather then the alternative of a futher series of unfortunate events for him. :-\ Seriously if it was something bad I just hope he's gotten through it okay.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline exhale

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2006, 09:19:10 am »
i have a feeling this is not going to be pretty. If you know what I mean.  :-\

greets

Offline fluKe

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2006, 03:36:26 pm »
Last podcast was on the 18th of July, the date is now 16th August... Almost 1 month without a podcast on this weekly podcast show :(

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2006, 07:21:05 pm »
Hey all. So a few things on the next podcast:

1) It is coming, I have it ready to go, I just need to do it.

2) I have been crazy busy ... working on a new game actually. And once I get into a project I sort of get sucked into it...

3) When I heard that E3 was "scaled back", and I'll go into this in more detail on the show, I was so damn depressed that I didn't really want to have anything to do with gaming for about 2 weeks afterwards. I didn't play a game, read gaming sites, or do anything gaming related. Even the game I have been working on didn't appeal to me much anymore. But then Dead Rising came out and sucked me back in! That and the fact that it appears that cancelling E3 has done the exact opposite and has caused more gaming conventions to pop-up. Plus ... I found out some very interesting dirt on what happened to E3, and I'll share this with you on the next show.

4) I have to find a new place to record my show. I have been recording my show at a friend's place since my place hasn't been accessable to record a show (my apartment is very large for Manhattan, but all the rooms always seem to be occupied and they're all sort of open and connected to each other) and I need to find a new place to record my show. And that has been the biggest problem of them all. Manhattan is an awesome place, but trying to find a quiet place to record a show is sort of impossible, and has been a major problem. Any Manhattan listeners who have an idea on this one I would be interested to hear...

But, I am working on getting this all straightened out. The show is ready to go, I just need to find a place to record the damn thing.

And those people who submitted articles and such for the site, I haven't written anyone back yet, but will very soon as I have tons and tons of applications to go through. But I'm alive and well, just crazy busy...
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2006, 07:43:47 pm »
Well hooray for Dead Rising  :D
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline HallwayGiant

• Breakout Battler
  • Rollin' & Tumblin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2006, 07:56:31 pm »
Cool, nice to hear a update after quite a bit of silence. ;D

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2006, 08:45:34 pm »
Exellent cant wait. Dead rising saves Gaming Steve. In anycase we don't mind that tis not entirely quiet when you do a show its just not a GamingSteve podcast with out the cops flying around the corner with sirems wailing.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2006, 11:19:02 pm »
Good news to hear.

Are you going to be able to share any info soon about this new game you're creating? Or is it a small offbeat title that may not be of great interest to us?

Thank you very very much for the update. :)

Offline Joku2002

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • S&S Entertainment Central
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2006, 02:29:05 am »
Well I'm glad that your alright steve. Can't wait to hear the new podcast.

Offline J-Caizer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Henshin Justice Unlimited
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2006, 05:20:57 am »
Steve, you are a king among men.

We love you and the podcast, but really if something like this goes down and you're outta action for more than a week or so.... could you give us a heads up?  I was thinking everything from some kinda legal trouble to other trouble had struck ya man.  You got a lot of people the count on and look up to ya.  Not gonna even dream to tell you how to run the site, but as a fan... could I ask that we get at least a whisper and an update if you're alright and everything's fine?

Anyway, sorry to hear you were down, man.  But damn glad to hear you're back in action.  Looking forward to your next cast and to hear you once again knock it outta the park, Steve.

Glad you're okay too!   ;D

Thanks for the update!

-JC

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2006, 06:23:09 am »
Sounds good, sir!

Take all the time you need.