Author Topic: Next podcast?  (Read 131670 times)

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Next podcast?
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2006, 03:33:58 pm »
i still stand by my comments that while i think the podcast is high quality the website is starting to look stale no updates on a regular basis
even lady m has gone quiet concerning his absence

he likes the freebies that comes with podcasting ie invites to microsoft hq but is he willing to put the effort in
time will tell

i think he's lost quite a few casual listeners due to his long periods between podcasts the question is does he care ?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2006, 03:59:00 pm »
I don't know what to tell you about his absense. He is busy, thats all I know. I know the podcast and the forum are important to him but he has had alot of unexpected things that come up and he does have a family. Since the podcasts is a totally volunteered thing to do, I'm sure that gets pushed to the bottom of the list at time. You have to remember that he does this for us. He is not under contract or required to do it. We have all grown accustomed to a weekly podcast is all.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2006, 04:31:36 pm »
We understand that Steve is very busy. I certainly don't mind waiting for his podcast.

But I think that, like golden said, Steve is losing a lot of casual and potential listeners. Just taking a glance at iTunes, you see many gaming podcasts, and Steve's podcast all of the sudden looks much less appealing do to the infrequent updates. I will always enjoy the podcast, no matter how sparse the shows are, but when the average person goes to iTunes looking for a good gaming podcasts, Steve's becomes one of the lesser appealing shows.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2006, 04:35:20 pm »
I woudn't know about that. I only listen to Steve's podcast. I'm a very loyal listener and I wouldn't switch to another. I'll wait for Steve to come through.

werechicken

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2006, 06:39:54 pm »
Don't forget that Steve is probably also looking through the numeous reveiws and other articles many of us sent him when he asked for potential reviewers, although an ETA on the next podcast would be nice, it's not like without you realise what a sad and lonely existence your life really is, unless it actually is in which case, well..... TOUGH!!  ;D

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2006, 08:34:06 pm »
An update would be nice, a news post on industry news, or even just a forum post to say 'sorry I have been so busy'

Waiting sucks, and waiting without knowing anything sucks even more.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2006, 08:47:44 pm »
I woudn't know about that. I only listen to Steve's podcast. I'm a very loyal listener and I wouldn't switch to another. I'll wait for Steve to come through.

Us regular listeners are doing fine. It's the casual listeners, and the new listeners, who are being turned off by the infrequent updates.

I know that when I find a new podcast that I'm interested in, I always check when the most recent podcasts have been released. If I see that the podcast releases are regularly 3-4 weeks apart, and the last podcast was 3 weeks ago, it will give me a bad impression of it, and I'll usually find a different one.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2006, 09:11:33 pm »

You don't have to "switch", you can listen to more then one podcast.  I mean do you only watch one TV network and listen to one radio station?  I listen to Gaming Steve, Gamer Andy, twit, and Major Nelson with the occasional digg.

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2006, 01:47:12 am »
I listen to various podcasts usually on the train going to work i prefer them to music blaring out at 7am in the morning.

well it doesnt look good as i would think lady m would be the first person to know when the podcast was due and she didnt comment on it. looks like next week at the earliest.

Offline Bkeela

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2006, 05:07:02 am »
I've tried other gaming podcasts, and they make me sick.  They all remind me of the ultra nerds who tend to send in audio questions to Steve - they have absolutely no charisma, are dull, lifeless and boring.

I could listen to Steve waffle on about anything.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2006, 06:48:18 am »
I've been listening to a bit of Gamespot recently, it's not as good, I enjoy more mature podcasts like Steve (heh, and what else? :D), but other than that, I think the hotspot is a fairly good show. I think it's interesting how they have a female gamer.

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2006, 09:02:26 am »
I listen and watch too many podcasts and video casts.  Let me look and see.....about 40 of them.  And yes  I listen to my iPod all the time.  Also some of them are only 5 minues long or so and most only come out every week or every 2 weeks but I have some that are daily podcasts also.

Offline tadale

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2006, 10:38:57 am »
I've been browsing for other podcasts to listen to, and nothing seems to fit.  I don't mind waiting, but Steve knows how popular his podcast is and he knows that he has people who check this page everyday to see if we've got something.  You think he would be able to through us a bone, maybe a small update that tells us that he's still around and still working on a podcast.  I know he could have something wrong with his recorder, but is it really that hard to type a few sentences in an update and post them on the front page?

Offline J-Caizer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Henshin Justice Unlimited
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2006, 01:46:53 pm »
I'm all for Steve taking his time and attending to his life.  I appreciate all the shows he has done up to this point and love the quality.

But yeah.. it's not too hard to post on a message board to let us know what's up.

I mean, do we even know if he's okay?  Hope so....  :(

Anyway, while I'm dying for more Gaming Steve as he's my favorite, here's some other good ones that tide me over until the king returns:

www.broadcastgamer.com
http://www.teamfremont.com/teamfremontlive.shtml
www.geekson.com
http://1upyours.1up.com/

Hope Steve's alright.  I and I'm sure everyone else miss the guy.   :'(

Offline LucasUP

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Cheese Is God
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2006, 01:56:55 pm »
tadale, check out my topic on other gaming podcasts:

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5574.0

I recomend the HotSpot, its a good podcast.

Im holding out fairly well waiting for steve with all the other avalible podcasts that ive been listening to.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:01:58 pm by LucasUP »
The glass is not half full or half empty. It is both.