Author Topic: Next podcast?  (Read 105582 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Next podcast?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2006, 04:16:55 am »
Maybe it would be a good time to go back and listen to some older podcasts, you might hear something you missed before.

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 07:07:14 am »
Hi

Im a new member to the gaming steve.com website although have been listneing to the show since before the 360 came out.

Let me first state that i dont have a clue what steve does outside of this podcast * i assume its game related infact im sure of it ahem*
so i could be talking a pile of shi* and this isnt directed at steve its just a general point id like to make.

Does anybody else feel a little let down by people who have podcasts who dont update them on a regular basis i understand family personal and work commitments come first as they do for me , but..........

Ive subscribed to some podcasts and after a few weeks or months the updates tend to be less often the podcasts themselves are small and usually of poorer quality. Again im not saying steves have got less interesting just less frequent
3 podcasts since may 12th thats one every 3 weeks if my math is right lol

one other point and this may be where i get things wrong and flamed . Would steve actually get interviews with major nelson people from the xbox live department add in other people he's interviewed and the invites to microsoft hq etc if he didnt have a podcast ? from memory the other people invited on that day were bloggers only. so while this may be something in addition to his normal 9-5 job does it actually get him to places and interview people he wouldnt otherwise be able to.

You will probably all disagree with me and im kinda being devils advocate but thought id throw this out there and see what response it got

thanks and looking forward to the next podcast whenever it comes  :)

Offline jb7

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 12:29:21 pm »
Golden Balls, while what you are talking about what tends to be the norm, Steve's podcast are usually high quality and full of good info. He doesn't usually throw something together because he feels he needs to get something out there.  Summer is usually a slower period for gaming news. Not much coming out, E3 has come and gone, and the holidays are upcoming. The only games I will be buying is EA Sports upcoming releases of NCAA and Madden. These will be the only games I have bought in the past 4 months. This just shows there isn't much out there gaming wise at the moment so there isn't much to make a gaming podcast of.

Not that I'm not looking for a new podcast everyday like everyone else  ;).

Some more Spore info maybe for making us wait so long? I have a long plane ride tomorrow and I was hoping to get to listen to Gaming Steve on there. Maybe on my return flight.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 04:30:20 pm »
Steve does have a personal life. He has a family and obligations to them like anyone else. He also works freelancing and has been working several projects. His time has been spread really thin lately. Since he has been in the gaming business for so long, he has a good reputation and he would secure great interviews no matter what he did. There are only so many hours in a day so when he has time, we will get a new podcast. Also, jb7 is correct, summer is a slow time and also vacation time.

Patience.. at least you know you will get a podcast before you get spore.  :D

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 07:16:37 pm »
Hopefully the podcast will be out before Monday because I am leaving for San Diego early Monday morning and I want to have something to listen to on the trip.

Offline versatek

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 10:58:47 pm »
Lady M should do short podcast teasers while Steve is busy.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 11:35:44 pm »

:o

BRAINSTORM

Fry:"I've got something, you know, a headache, with pictures!"

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2006, 02:07:21 am »
thanks ladym and others your comments that family commitments come first i think everybody would agree with.
I just think some podcast makers dont commit fully or just let things slide too often. The quality of his podcasts are unquestionable
just the amount has slowed recently as u say summer is here things have slowed down but theres still lots of news.

i still think my point about would he get the interviews invited to microsoft hq etc is valid. does he freelance in journalism or is it in the gaming industry production or marketing ? I dont think that this would necessarly give him personal time with peter moore major nelson and others or not as much as he has recently.

I actually think that steve has one of the better podacasts available right now but reading back the above im not giving that impression lol

I only download a handful of podcasts per week the same ones since learning of this new type of media last september, its like having a favourite tv program and finding it cancelled each week.

anyhoo rant over and i doubt we have long to wait till the next one

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2006, 05:21:20 am »

OH.. I could so do that! That could be fun. I could talk about all the games that I like and bore you all to death.  :D

i still think my point about would he get the interviews invited to microsoft hq etc is valid. does he freelance in journalism or is it in the gaming industry production or marketing ? I dont think that this would necessarly give him personal time with peter moore major nelson and others or not as much as he has recently.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of freelancing he does but I think its in the game industry and he is also working on a "secret project" that he can't tell us about which will bring more listeners. He travels alot with his work which would make it hard to record podcasts. He has been in the gaming industry since he was out of high school. He started his own company and made games. I think alot of his contacts go way back. He's been going to E3 and other gaming events for many years so its not like this is something new for him. This has been his life and career so I still think he would get the great interviews. The podcast is what is new and that just started after GDC of last year, same time the forum started.  At least we know when we get one, it will be chock full of qualty stuff.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2006, 05:57:04 am »
GamingLadyM... it could work
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline NRG753

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2006, 10:16:56 am »
he is also working on a "secret project" that he can't tell us about which will bring more listeners.

Probably been working on Diablo III or DNF or something all along..

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2006, 10:34:27 am »
I like that Idea LadyM and that subsitution is approved my me! Also, anyone who says their dissapointed and upset, *cough Mr. Golden^^* Steve has alot more then just the podcasts, I'm just happy it's comming at all.
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2006, 12:50:53 pm »
OH.. I could so do that! That could be fun. I could talk about all the games that I like and bore you all to death.  :D

Animal Crossing....Harvest Moon.....Sims.....Animal Crossing.

;)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2006, 01:19:04 pm »

I also approve of this :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 01:51:59 pm »
Animal Crossing....Harvest Moon.....Sims.....Animal Crossing.

;)

Hey... those are allon my top ten list...

And they are NOT borning! They are... alternative.