Author Topic: Next podcast?  (Read 106131 times)

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Next podcast?
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2006, 10:20:52 am »
Although i do still have this website bookmarked i dont check for updates as often as i used to

I think the excuse that theres no news so why have a podcast is laughable

I can recall last year before and during the 360 launch when people asked would he have the same kind of coverage for the ps3 and wii launches he said he would and we shouldnt worry. hmmm i guess he's not fullfilled that promise.

But his job family and other commitments should come first.

Im sure it wont be too long and im getting used to the monthly podcast.

Offline banaapje

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2006, 06:10:57 pm »
I think the main idea (in these difficult times) is to make Steve feel like we (as a comunity) are gratefull. And although I'm sure that 99.9% of the people here are gratefull, saying that "he should do this" and "he should do that" doesn't make Steve feel.. that we are.

You wouldn't want Steve end up thinking "Hmf... I want to do this podcast, but I can't do it at home anymore and I'm swamped with work... and all these buggers can do is whinge about there being no podcast, can't they cut me some slack??? arghhh... this isn't fun anymore..." *gaming steve over*
(usage of slang might differ)

Offline HallwayGiant

• Breakout Battler
  • Rollin' & Tumblin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2006, 06:30:37 pm »
While I am annoyed that it's been so long between podcasts lately, I have to agree with you that the only thing that really upsets me are promisses that Steve tries to make that he can't keep. I do wish he would at least start appointing people to do the news updates but I can understand if this new game he's working on is keeping him too wrapped up; game development, I understand, can be a more-than-full-time job.

Yep, at least then we would have regular front-page content...but even that process takes time.  It's just not worrying about, their'll be a podcast when theirs a podcast.  :-\

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2006, 07:55:54 am »
You wouldn't want Steve end up thinking "Hmf... I want to do this podcast, but I can't do it at home anymore and I'm swamped with work... and all these buggers can do is whinge about there being no podcast, can't they cut me some slack??? arghhh... this isn't fun anymore..." *gaming steve over*

The reason so many people are annoyed (or more), including myself, is that this is a podcast we really care about listening to. If it wasn't, almost nobody would say a word and simply disappear.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2006, 12:29:33 pm »
I have heard from Steve and he is fine. He is very busy with family issues right now. He said he should have time to be here on the weekend. 

Please be patient.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2006, 02:02:06 pm »
While we're waiting, why not give an IF Piece loosely based on the situation a try?

The IF Piece/Game: http://www.savefile.com/files/93888
a whole bunch of Compilers you can use to play it: http://www.inform-fiction.org/zmachine/interpreters.html

There's no real winning in this game.

Anyway I hope everything works out okay with steve.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 02:04:14 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline banaapje

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2006, 10:57:39 pm »

The reason so many people are annoyed (or more), including myself, is that this is a podcast we really care about listening to. If it wasn't, almost nobody would say a word and simply disappear.

Defenatly, I think that the amount of replies in a topic like this really shows how much people care about this podcast (myself included).

Offline achillbreeze

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2006, 08:49:26 pm »
i just signed up for the forums and i too just began listening to steve.  is this the only cast you folks here on the forum listen to?  im guessin no.  all casts have problems like this one is having now, at least ALL of the ones i liste to.  at some point they just need a break from the cast to do somethings they've been holding off...or there is always an emergency here and there.  i cant wait to listen to the next cast, im sure its going to be wonderful, but ive got other ones that can help fill the void steve has left in me. ;D

Offline Inglorion

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • inglorion.com
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2006, 09:15:17 am »
i just signed up for the forums and i too just began listening to steve.  is this the only cast you folks here on the forum listen to?
For gaming I only listen to Gaming Steve and Evil Avatar Radio.

Offline Snapple

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2006, 02:19:43 pm »
gotta add my voice, this is my favourite podcast and i miss it
comeback steve! i can change :(
Dentists should not have to learn about lactation

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2006, 10:46:57 pm »
Hmm... unless I missed something (which I admit I might have) Steve never made it this weekend. Well, heres hoping for next weekend.

Offline fluKe

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2006, 11:59:44 pm »
Another time he was going to be here, another time he wasn't here.  *sigh*

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2006, 09:14:35 pm »
Maybe he will do a show this weekend, wrapping up TGS and X05, that would be a kick ass show. ;D

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2006, 02:53:06 pm »
Maybe he will do a show this weekend, wrapping up TGS and X05, that would be a kick ass show. ;D

Heh, that reminds me, he has interviews from E3, I wonder if he will even bother to play them now.

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2006, 12:54:35 pm »

Heh, that reminds me, he has interviews from E3, I wonder if he will even bother to play them now.

That would have been a great thing to release to us to tide us over until his next show.